Status: Reviews/Comments = Love. Please leave one. I'm catching this one up to One More Year so it will be easier to write for both.

Leaping for Your Dreams

Guests and dresses

Tonight was Game 6 between the Caps and the Flyers for the Eastern Conference Championship. My office was closing at noon because we were all on pins and needles about the game. Not to mention I had a dress fitting this afternoon. Right now though, I was dealing with the guest list. The upside of knowing all these guys was that I had _every_ single one of their phone numbers.

I began going down the list, being nice and skipping those with a game tonight. As I got to the end of my list I figured out that 21 invites were going to be coming, they would be bringing 24 guests as well. Adding in both families and the 5 friends Sid and Aleks each invited I got 66 guests confirmed for the wedding and reception. I felt that was a significant number and texted that to both Sid and Aleks.

My work phone rang soon after. “Michaela Malkin, how can I help you?” I answered as I was running down the tally for the rehearsal dinner as well.

“You’re kidding me right. 66 people. We had _how_ many on the list?” Sid sounded actually upset over this.

“Over 100 and that’s just the first name on the invitation, not adding everyone else we named on them. That’s also just the formal reception, not the kids area as well. In there there’s about 15 to 20. Oh you should know that Lauren, Stephanie, Austin and Alexa have said that they will watch the kids for the rehearsal dinner. Or rather their mother volunteered them and said that it was the _least_ the older kids could do.” I was tallying and came up with about 30 people for the rehearsal dinner as well.

“Wait what about the kids we have _in_ the wedding? We’ve got 4, Maeve, Reece, Jackson and Kody.” Now I had his attention.

“Well I was thinking they would be there actually. Unless their folks are worried how they would act. I doubt they’d act up though.” I was flipping through the plans for the kids’ area during the reception. I truly though Aleks had a great idea with this.

“Well we _do_ have gifts for them. I’d hate to have them not there to get them. Do you think Cookie and Duper would mind if I called and talked to the girls about it?”

“No Sid I don’t think they’d mind at all. I’m nearly at the end of what I had planned to do today and the office is closing at noon. I’ll be doing a seating chart Monday to get everything right. I’ll probably need you for that.” I heard him groan. “If I can swing it I’ll have Aleks on Skype. That will depend on her end though. I’m not sure when she has free, I know that she’s got a dress fitting and possibly more.”

“Yeah it all hinges on tonight. She’s taking her nap right now. Hey did you bug any of the guys that are playing tonight?” I could hear him move on I was guessing a couch.

“No I didn’t. I felt that would not be a good idea. I can call them all tomorrow or have Aleks ask afterward. I should let you go. As I said I’m about done here. I’m going home for lunch and then to my fitting, probably taking Anna with me, if not both of them.” I waved at Moka as he poked his head in.

“Ok, thanks for keep us on track Mari. You did get the email I sent you right? We got your list done finally. I’ll be in Pittsburgh Sunday night and I leave Tuesday so I can go help Taylor pack up for the summer. She’s not going home right away, but coming back with me.”

“Sounds great, so I’ll see you Monday then and hopefully have Aleks. Will you have either of your folks with you or are they staying in D.C.?” If I was going to have to contend with Trina, I wanted warning.

“They’ll be staying in my place while I go get Taylor. With everything going on with Aleks we’re trying to stay kind of close in case.” Sid didn’t sound too thrilled.

“Ok, Hopefully tonight will go well and we’ll be going West soon.” He chuckled and we hung up. “Ok Moka, what’s up?”

“Do we have a head count? I need to get numbers to the vendors and such soon.” He flopped into the chair in front of my desk. This week had worn us all out.

“I’ve got a couple people I can’t talk to until tomorrow for sure. I’m not getting in the middle of routines on game day.” I was recounting Rehearsal dinner invites. “Crap, I’ve got 33 for the rehearsal. Who else can maybe be there so that it’s even?”

My phone rang again. “Michaela Malkin, how can I help you?” It was automatic by now; I did it at home too sometimes.

“Mari? It’s Jon. Um… This is really awkward, but is it possible for me to go to the rehearsal dinner? My mom is looking at getting me to date and well…” Man, I though Sid could be awkward.

“You need to get away from her before she drives you nuts right? In fact you calling is a godsend, I’ve got an uneven number of people _for the rehearsal dinner.” I heard someone in the background of his phone.

Jon’s attention was taken from me as he turned to whoever was in the room. “No mom, I can’t ask Mari out. Well for one I’ve heard rumors she’s married already. The last thing I want is to get my butt kicked by Geno.”

I stifled a giggle as I heard him argue a bit more with his mom, I was guessing, then I came ‘face to face’ with Andrée myself. “Is wha’ my son says true? He can no’ ask you out because you are married. Why is ‘e calling you?”

Taken a back at first by her questions, I regained my calm as Moka stifled his own giggle. “Yes in fact my husband would likely kick his butt for asking me out. He’s calling me as I’m to coordinator for a wedding he’s attending.”

“Wedding? Whose wedding? I do no’ know of a wedding.” She said rapidly, her French accent was heavy.

“Someone he went to Shattuck-Saint Mary’s with is getting married and she wants him there. In fact the groom also had him on his list, being that they have been teammates for Team Canada.” The last thing any of us wanted was a media circus, I had to be vague for now.

“Oh, my apologies.” She handed the phone back to Jon.

As he got back on I could hear mirth in his voice. “I don’t know what you just told her but she’s confused. You’ve got my email so just send me the details of when and where and I’ll be there.”

I chuckled. “I vagued up whose wedding it was. Saying that you went to SSM with the bride and played on Team Canada with the groom. Don’t be surprised if she asks you. We _are_ trying to keep it on the down low though.”

Jon hung up nearly flat out laughing. Maybe he’d loosen up at the wedding and end up having fun. I picked up my stuff and closed down my computer. “I’m leaving before that damned phone can ring again.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got home not unhappy with how my day had gone. “I’m home!” I called out as I came in the door from the garage. I was quickly tackled by a 6 year old who had grown since becoming my little girl.

“Mama! We were about to call you. Lunch is ready.” She began tugging on my arm trying to get me to move faster. We weren’t far from the kitchen so she just made me laugh.

Lunch wasn’t fancy but it was _just_ what I needed. “So, Anna. How would you like to come with me and see what I will be wearing for Aunt Aleks and Uncle Sid’s wedding?”

She nearly fell out of her seat she nodded so hard. Geno and I both laughed. “Anna need dress too, maybe we come too and find it.”

“They’ve got some nice ones, she can go and find one. In fact Michelle and Carole-Lynn will have their kids there at the same time. The girls have fittings today too.” Anna was now bouncing with joy. She loved the girls.

After lunch was cleaned up we piled into the car and headed to David’s. Once we got there it turned out that Cookie and Duper were there as well to help with the kids. This was a plus for Geno; he had someone to talk to. The first thing we did was go and look for a dress for Anna. I knew what Maeve and Reece’s dress looked like and as much as I would love to see Anna in it, she wasn’t in the wedding party and I didn’t want her confused.

I found a sweet little dress that would look great on Anna. I called Michelle and Carole-Lynn over and the three of us cooed over it. We called the younger girls over and Anna’s eyes got huge at the sight of it. “You like this? I think you’d look great in it. We’ll get it in the same color as the rest of us.”

I got some help and we took her in to try it on. We got her a size 6, it was a bit big on her, but there was a good chance that it would fit better at the last fitting I had scheduled.

We also got the other girls in their dresses and took some pictures of all three of them. They looked adorable, I sent the pic to Aleks as a Good Luck pic.

Then it was my turn to go through another fitting. I slipped into the dress and zipped it up. I did have to admit I looked nice in this dress. My shoes had come to the house the other day. Gorgeous purple open toe Prada heels. It meant that we could hem it to the correct length today, if not finish off the dress.

I stood there and let the seamstress work. My mind wandering over all the little things I had to do before the game started. I didn’t hear the dressing room door open and close. There was no mistaking the voice I heard though. “Сладкий Божией Матери. (Sweet Mother of God.)” I turned to find my loving husband looking quite gobsmacked.

I chuckled and stepped down from where she had been working on the hem. “You’ve seen me all dressed up before. Why the exclamation now?”

“You have _no_ idea what that dress does for you or to me.” Just then the laughter of the children came fluttering through the door. Evgeni stepped close, invading my personal space. In a low voice he spoke. “After the game, _you_ are _mine_.” I shivered, not because it was a threat, more because it was a promise.

I cupped his face with my hand. “I am _always_ yours.” We kissed, getting a bit heated during it as well. It was a good thing when Anna came barging in with Maeve and Reece, well good for the dress - not so good for Geno and I. Ah, parenthood, the end all be all of cockblocking.

Geno laid his head on my shoulder as Anna grinned. “Mama you look so pretty!” She came rushing over not at all worried about how tense the room felt. “Your phone beeped Mama. It was from Auntie Aleks.” She held up a text from my BFF.

As much as I hated to part with the dress that drove Geno crazy, I did put my own clothes back on and so did everyone else who had fittings. Yep, Kody and Jackson also were being taken care of today. As we drove home for the few hours of waiting before the game started I was thinking of how I could make Geno’s night after the game.

Pawing through my wardrobe, I found a Dolce & Gabanna draped corset top, in green of course. I grabbed the shows I wore for Skates & Plates. I had a new River Island Midi wrap front skirt I hadn’t worn yet which I added to the pile. I also found my nearly sheer bolero jacket. Now all I needed was lingerie. All of that settled, I dressed with care and with an eye of driving my beloved husband insane before he could truly touch me.

We took his car over to Cookie’s place, as it was their turn to host the “Rooting for Aleks” Party. Geno kept shifting in his seat, which told me that my outfit choice had been a good one. The best part was that he couldn’t even complain in Russian as Anna knew it as well as I did.

As always we were welcomed with open arms, of course the food we brought didn’t hurt. Once the game was on every TV screen in the house, there was no way Geno could do more than stay close and do his best to continue to look down my top.

The game itself was awesome and a nail biter. Tied at 2 in the waning moments of the third all we could do was hope that the Caps could pull it off in OT. We all watched tensely as 1:03 into the OT 4 on 4 Jason Chimera put it past Bryzgalov with a wicked wrister. It was official, the Washington Capitals and the Los Angels Kings were going to face off in the Stanley Cup Finals. The entire house was ecstatic.

We all watched as Ovechkin was presented with the Prince of Wales Trophy for leading his team to be the Eastern Champs. We all watched with hawk-like eyes to see if he’d be stupid enough to touch the thing. The tension rushed out of the room when he didn’t even touch the _table_ it was on. “I wonder who warned him.” Someone mused.

I laughed. “Probably Mal. It’d be _just_ like her to warn him off like that!” Everyone laughed, but we all also knew that sometimes the Hockey Gods took those little things into account.

As we were driving home my cell phone rang. Checking it, I found it was Aleks so I put her on speaker. “Congrats Mal!” I said as I answered.

I just heard her laughing on the other end for a little bit. “Oh My God Mari, I wish you were here!” She must have been in the hall as it wasn’t as loud as it could have been

“Who’d plan your wedding if I was there?” I laughed.

“What time are we doing the seating thing Monday?” She shouted as someone loud went by her.

“After your fitting. I want to not have to rush this chart. How’s it feel?” Geno was grinning and as I looked in the backseat Anna was sleeping through this.

“Incredible! I’m _so_ excited. Watch out LA, we’re coming and on a roll!”

I promised I’d call her on Sunday afternoon, after Sid left. I knew she’d still have the fam around her then but that was ok. She was on a high from winning the Eastern Championship. I’d give her a day to come back down to earth before a bad loss yanked her down.

Getting home, Geno picked Anna up and tucked her into bed. I went into our room and arraigned myself for him. I took off my bolero, but that was about it. I had a feeling he wanted to undress me.

The door opened and closed quietly, had I not been watching I wouldn’t have heard it. “So beautiful. You make me crazy with that tonight.” He said as he padded in peeling off layers as he came.

I chuckled low. “That _was_ the plan. Now, come here and make me not regret it at all.” I smiled seductively at him. He pounced and worshipped every inch of me before making sure I knew exactly how he felt about me. “Моя прекрасная королева, я тебя обожаю. (My beautiful queen, I adore you.)” After that no words were needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have been working on this, and been interrupted many times, for 3 days. I'm glad I'm finally done with it!

Yes, I have an actual Guest list written up, you have to wait to see it though. ;)

Mari's Bridesmaid dress, it will be in Wisteria.

This is the dress that Meava and Reece will wear, also in Wisteria.

Here is Anna's dress, I wanted her in something nice and similar but have it clear she wasn't in the wedding party. It's also going to be Wisteria.

Here is the outfit Mari drives Geno crazy with at the game watching party at Cookie's place.