Status: Reviews/Comments = Love. Please leave one. I'm catching this one up to One More Year so it will be easier to write for both.

Leaping for Your Dreams

Reality Hits

***Geno’s POV***

She said yes again. It didn’t matter that today was the Skills Competition really; all that mattered was that she said yes again. Ok, that’s not true I wanted my team to do our best but Misa saying yes to living with me was more important.

Before you think I slept walked through the skills competition, far from it. I was 100% there and did my best. Unfortunately it wasn’t enough this time. I hated that feeling, but this was all supposed to be fun. We still had the game tomorrow, but not “winning” this has kind of put us all a bit down. We’d put it behind us soon enough.

I walked through the now mostly empty corridors, it wasn’t quiet but the buzz was a lot lower than when I got here several hours ago. I was still feeling great that she would move in with me. I knew that she probably had things to do before I could talk to her, so I made plans to go to dinner with some of the guys.

Dinner was great, it was a mixture of both “teams” so there was quite a lot good natured chirping back and forth. Tanger leaned over at one point and spoke into my ear. “You should have seen how Nathalie defended Mari yesterday.” I was taken back. I knew that Julia had tried giving Misa a hard time but I didn’t realize Nathalie was involved.

“Against Julia? She tell me that she tried causing problems but I didn’t ask more.” I knew that Nathalie felt like the mother of us all, it didn’t matter how old we really were either. “What Nathalie say?”

He chuckled. “You know Nat, she made sure that Mari knew that if she needed anything to let her know. She was so excited she did so in French, which I’m sure didn’t set well with Julia, who kept looking down her nose at me when I was talking to Mari. That woman is trouble.”

I nodded it was _so like Nat to welcome Misa directly. After all she welcomed me with open arms my first night, why not someone who would be working so closely with the team? “We know, Mi… Mari’s boss come talk to her last night.” I barely managed to save myself from revealing too much; he didn’t need to know what I called her.

Smiling he continued. “Man even Mario defended her, saying that she was handpicked and knew everyone already. Also said she was well respected by those who matter. He and Nat left right after he said she wouldn’t have to fight to be a part of the family, she already was family.”

This was great news, I was positive that made her feel much more welcome. I felt I needed to share my own good news. “I ask her to live with me when she get there. She said yes.” I grinned; it was good news. At least I thought so.

He clapped me on the back with a broad smile. “That’s great! Hey Nealer! You’re pathetic!” Both he and I laughed as Nealer looked up and was confused. “Mari’s moving in!” Tanger shouted a bit above the din of the conversation. Nealer hung his head a bit and then shook it.

“He’s a dog! What do I have to do go to Russia with him?” It was a long-standing joke about Nealer’s lack of a love life. Of course that got everyone’s attention. Questions were asked and answered and in the end I was proclaimed a lucky dog.

We all laughed through the night including the gambit of fans at the hotel. Seeing that the game was tomorrow, I was going to need my rest. It seemed that Misa had another idea as she was waiting outside me and Tanger’s room. Seeing the look on her face, Tanger nodded towards Nealer and left me to face the music alone.

“Everything ok?” I asked as I got closer. I saw her shake her head and moved a little faster to envelope her. “What’s wrong? That woman give you problems?”

“No, she got told off by Zach this morning. I got worried when I saw where you were watching the Hardest Shot.” I tucked her close and let her speak. “Then I couldn’t find you after and I had my late meeting.” She was working herself up without needing to.

I tilted her face up to mine. “I fine. Not hit or hurt. Relax.” Gently I kissed her. “I would not be in wrong place to get hurt here.” Going into my room I sat her on my lap. She still was slightly trembly. “That not all, what else?”

She laughed weakly. “Do you think we might be moving too fast?” Whoa that came out of nowhere. She quickly continued. “Not that I don’t think we can handle it, I think the enormity of everything hit me finally.” Her quaking was slowing, a good sign.

“Is scary giving up everything know for dream. I know, been there.” I rubbed her back slowly as she calmed. “You not alone. Know people who help. Good at job, just different place now.” Misa was relaxing into my chest.

“It’s very scary jumping like this, without a real safety net. I know once I get there and everything I’ll settle down. Just…” She cut herself off. I knew what she meant though. As I said I’ve been there.

“Have game tomorrow. Need sleep tonight.” Not that I didn’t want to stay with her, god I slept like a rock last night with her.

She flushed. “Oh yeah, I should probably go then.” She started to get up and I tightened my hold. She looked at me confused.

“I no say you had to go. Just I need sleep.” I held her tightly, not wanting to let her go.

“Let’s be nice to Tanger. Grab your stuff. He can have the room.” She worked her way off my lap and smiled. Something told me she slept well last night too. Fortunately it was easy to grab my stuff. I hadn’t really unpacked. She helped me with what I had unpacked.

Tanger came in when we were almost done. “What? Am I a bad roomie?” He dodged Mari coming out with what I had packed in the bathroom. She gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“You aren’t a bad roomie, we thought you’d like the room officially to yourself is all. We’ve got some things we need to talk about and don’t want to be jerks about it. Besides, I saw Catherine today. I’m pretty sure you two would like some time.” Kris smiled and ducked his head, telling us that she was right. “Call her, by the time she gets here we’ll be gone.”

In fact, knowing Kris she was outside and he had been hoping that we’d be gone by now. I knew I was right when he went to the door and opened it. I chuckled and grabbed my stuff. She smiled and waved as she came in. Mari would have none of that. “Cath!”

“Omg Mari!” She got past Kris and hugged Mari. “I’m so excited you’re coming home. Not to mention…” She nodded towards me as if I wasn’t listening. I rolled my eyes and gathered my things.

Mari blushed. “Thanks. I won’t be there for a couple weeks yet. Gotta pack and move and everything.”

Catherine smiled. “You’ll be great I just know it. You know you can count on the WAGS if you need help with stuff right? Anything Mari. The guys love you, hell everyone loves you.”

I opened the door and Mari grabbed my carry on. “I’ll see you there. I’m kinda, ack…” she waved her hands and Cath laughed. “One more day and I’m free.” We then went to her room. She helped me put things away and then sat on the bed with a sigh.

“You ok?” I asked as I pulled my suit off. She was just sitting there. I turned the chair around and picked up her foot. I took off her boot and began rubbing her foot. I knew she had been on them a lot more than I had been today. She moaned and tipped her head back a little bit. I smiled and kept working until I felt her foot relax in my hand. Then I did the same to her other foot. I chuckled as Misa flopped backwards on the bed.

I put the chair back and laid on the bed next to her. “Better?” She nodded and I know what I could get her as a home coming… no, House Warming gift. I slowly peeled her clothes off of her, mostly so she did not have to move. I put her clothes over the chair and found her pajamas. “Go wash your face and get ready for bed. We sleep.” I kissed her temple and helped her to her feet.

Pushing her gently into the bathroom she sighed, resigned. While she got ready in there, I finished getting myself ready. She came out and crawled into bed. It seems that rubbing her feet made her sleepy, I filed that away for future need.

I did my own nighttime routine and joined her in the bed. She yawned and cuddled up into me. It felt so right and would feel even better once we were in our bed in our home. She pulled away abruptly to check her alarm. Once satisfied it was set she settled down again.

Once we were almost asleep she sighed. “Can I really change anything?” she asked sleepily.

“I show pictures tomorrow before nap, you don’t like. We change it.” She sighed and I felt her completely relax against me. I meant it, I’d change everything for her.