My Jolly Sailor Bold

Lights?

After swimming around for hours and quietly brooding to myself I decided that it was time to go home. Nothing was going to change and nothing was going to be solved, so I don’t know why I worry about it. I knew what I wanted to say and what I wanted to do but my blunt honestly and brash actions could put all of Atlantica in danger. But that still didn’t mean that I didn’t want to try and find a way to fix everything.

Sighing I began swimming around till I realized that I had actually gotten lost in the sea forest. I swam up until I could see past the tops of the forest. I could see the lights of Atlantica and a small frown pulled at my lips. I reached out to start swimming back when I light caught my eye. It was coming from above.

I looked up to see colors that I had never seen except down below come from above. I quickly swam up to investigate but stopped when I got near the surface. I was about to break on of the rules. I started to descend again but a bright flash had me swimming back up. This time I breeched the surface.

What I saw amazed me. Not only were there lights that were flashing many colors but there was a ship there as well. I was alittle farther away than I was but I was okay with that. That is until I saw that the lights were coming from the ship. I swam towards it cautiously and touched it where the water hit it. It was smooth yet rough to my touch. I smiled and looked back at the sky just as another burst of light showered down. It was so beautiful, like bright colored jelly fish bursting open. I watched it for a while but then I started to hear voices coming from above. I looked up, just as some type of liquid was poured down from above. It landed on my head and made gag at the vile smell. What is this stuff? Gross it smells nasty. I dove back under the water to get the smell and liquid off of me before coming back up again. This time I swam around to the other side of the ship and started climbing up the side of it. It was hard work considering my tail weighed a ton. I climbed up till I could grab a rope that looked like a type of swing for me to sit in. I sat in it and swung myself back and forth, my beautiful purple tail glimmering in the bright lights.

I laughed and smiled, enjoying myself for the first time today.

“Brian? Are you okay?” I looked up at the sound of voices coming toward the railing of the ship. I quickly stopped myself from swinging and looked up to see, to my relief that I was hidden under the railing edge.

“Yea, it’s just hard you know?” the voice, which I was pretty sure, was a man’s voice, sounded sad. He had a deep voice that was filled with strength and courage.

“I know. But at least you have the memories of her to last you a life time.” I found myself wondering what these two men were talking about and what was the one called Brian sad.

“You know what she said to me before she died?” His voice sounded full of pain.

“What’s that?” said the other voice.

“She wanted me to love again.” That comment sounded alittle sarcastic to my ears.

“You're mad that she said that aren’t you?”

“Your damn right I am! How could I love anyone else after her? She wants me to give this necklace to the next women I fall in love with” his voice, even though he sounded mad, he sounded more hurt than anything. I looked up and leaned out to see if I could see him. All I saw was his hand, which was holding a thin silver chain with a pearl on the end. It was a simple necklace, but beautiful just the same.

“I know you’re hurting Brian but Calista would want you to be happy.”

I heard the man sigh. “Yea your right, as always.” A small chuckle sound came from above.

“One day yours going to have to remember that.” The man laughed.

“Anyways man I’m sorry for being such a downer on your birthday.” I heard sounds coming from above and almost squeaked as I looked up to see a young man leaning over the edge and holding a rope to keep him from falling.

This man was beyond beautiful. He had short black hair, with what looked like almost black eyes. I could see the muscles of his arms and chest through the confines of his shirt. His skin was beautifully sun kissed, made me feel warm just by looking at it.

“It's alright. You’re my best friend and it’s not a party unless you’re happy.” Another man comes up beside him, but I didn’t pay much attention to his looked, I was too focused on the man called Bryan.

“Yes cause I’m sure the whole crew is worried about the prince’s best friend on the prince’s birthday.” The man laughed softly, and I smiled. He looked good when he laughed.

“Stop calling me prince! You’re my friend so it’s Eric to you mister!” The prince punched Bryan in the arm. I tilted my head in confused when he just laughed. “Or should I start calling you squire?”

“Ha! Your mother would love that!” Bryan started laughing harder now, and I noticed a slight annoyed look on the prince’s face.

“Yea well my mother would love a lot of things she can’t have.” He mutters.
Bryan started swinging the pearl necklace around his finger and looking out towards the sea. “I think one day I’d like to find a girl. But… I don’t know. No one could compare to Calista.”

The prince patted Bryans back. “No one would ever try and take her place. What you need is a woman who can take care of herself.”

Bryan shook his head. “No. I want someone who can rely on me, need me. She can still be independent but I want someone who looks and me and only me.”

I heard a clap of thunder and looked up. The sky had become much drearier since I’d last looked at it. A storm was defiantly coming.

“I think we need to take cover. Looks like a storm is about to hit.” The prince said while looking up at the sky.

“Alright” Bryan twirled the necklace one last time but it slipped off his finger and fell towards the sea. “Oh no!” He yelled.

I reached out and caught the necklace as it dangled over the ocean, which was now starting to rage.

“What the-?” I looked up to see shocked eyes and realized that in catching the necklace, my arm must have shown.

Before he could utter another word it started raining, and the wind started howling. I was thrown off the rope swing and sent straight into the water. But I swam back up to see if the ship was okay.

It wasn’t okay. Something must have broke or something because the ship was lighten up with red and yellow light. I could see some of the men lowering smaller boats into the water and then climbing aboard them. I waited until I saw both the Prince and Bryan in a boat before I took a breath of relief.

But it was my fault for not paying attention to the ship. One of its pillars came crashing down on me. I screamed and dove back into the ocean, but it sank quickly, coming after me. I looked up and moved out of its way, and watched it pass me on the way to the ocean floor. I swam back up to see if the small boats were still there, but they were gone. I had lost them before I had the chance to give back the pearl necklace.

I looked at it and saw its beauty and the love of the person who gave it. I was determined to give it back.