Status: Complete (24/9/12)

Can You Be the One to Save Me?

Chapter 1

Alex sat in his doctor’s office. He had just been released from the hospital after being admitted for losing a lot of blood. He wasn't trying to kill himself. He didn't mean to fall unconscious. It just happened.

"So Alex" said his doctor, none other than Patrick Stump, the best doctor in the country. He was known with his work on depression "I think I've found a way to help you"

Alex just stared at him. So many doctors had said similar icings to him over the years. But none could really fix him.

"I think you should get a cat"

##

"Holy Fuck, he said what?" said Alex's best friend Rian that night when he came over to 'check up on him'. It was Rian who had found him unconscious.

"He said I should get a cat"

"One of those new genetically modified ones?"

Genetically modified cats and dogs were the 'next big thing'. They were part human, part animal and were supposedly the most ideal pet but Rian just thought that it was an elaborate excuse for slavery. But he could see how it could help Alex. Having someone constantly around.
'It might be good for him to have a friend other than me' thought Rian

"No, a normal one. I can barely look after myself and he wants me to look after something else. Of course a modified one!"

"But. . . Aren't they really expensive?" Rian asked with a raised eyebrow. Not giving Alex any clues as to what he actually thought about the idea.

"You know my parents will do anything" said Alex softly, looking down at his hands. He felt bad for putting his parents through all of his episodes, he really did.

"Well, when are you getting it?" asked Rian, sensing his friends discomfort.

"He said as soon as possible but it has to be trained and stuff I guess" Alex shrugged "He said he would call me"

'I hope he calls you soon' thought Rian 'I'm not sure how much longer we can all last'

#

Patrick Stump looks up from his paperwork to the woman who just walked into his office. She was short but obviously powerful, standing tall. She didn't look like someone he wanted to piss off.

"Can I help you?"

"Doctor Stump my name is Tay Jardine, I'm the breeder. We spoke on the phone?"

"Ahh yes Miss Jardine" he put his pen down and gestured to the chair opposite his desk "Please sit down"

She entered the room and it was only then that the doctor noticed the lead around her wrist that was attached to a cat which she lead into the room. She sat in the chair offered.
"Sit." she spoke to the cat which followed her order and sat by her ankles.

It was then that the doctor got a good look at the genetically modified animal. He was muscular, with broad shoulder yet he moved very gracefully. His dark brown hair was cut short and his shining green eyes were open wide. Taking everything in yet revealing nothing about himself. He reminded the doctor of Alex himself. Quiet and misleading, with the ability to be very dangerous.

"I believe that Zack here will be the best idea for your patient" she started.

The doctor just nodded and motioned for her to continue.

"He is obedient, as demonstrated, strong, trainable and has experience in hospitals." she spoke loudly and carefully "You would be able to train him to call you in the case of an emergency with the patient" she added and the doctor smiled. Perfect. Now the question was, would Alex like the idea?
♠ ♠ ♠
I've had this typed up for a while and I've finally decided to post it :)

The sooner I get feedback, the sooner the next chapter goes up!