Status: Complete (24/9/12)

Can You Be the One to Save Me?

Chapter 10 (Part 1)

Alex woke up the next morning feeling empty. He wasn't sure how much longer he was going to last without Zack. He walked silently down to the kitchen where he could hear Rian and Jack talking softly.

"Rian?" said Jack softly
"Yes Jack"
"Do you really think that Zack's been taken?"
Rian paused for a moment before sighing "Unfortunately"
"Do you think we'll be able to find him?" asked Jack
"Of course I do!" Rian pulled Jack in for a hug "We have to"
"And what happens if we don't?"

Rian pulled away from Jack and looked him directly in the eyes "Do not talk like that ok? We're going to get him back before you or even Alex knows it"
Jack just nodded. He hoped that Rian would be right. He wouldn't know what to do if he was taken away from his owner. He would probably be acting the way Alex was now. Jack hoped that Zack was coping better than Alex. Jack knew that Zack would have to be very strong to fight his way back.

Alex's phone rang and Rian and Jack jumped apart quickly as Alex entered the room, his face blank as he answered the phone
"Hello" he said dully
"Alex?" came Lisa's voice from the other end of the phone and Alex froze. why was she calling him? He was distraught already now that Zack was gone, he wouldn't be able to cope with her as well.
"What do you want?" he snapped
"Now, Now Alex" said Lisa "That's no way to talk to your girlfriend"
"Girlfriend?" spat Alex "Since when?"

"Since now of course" she said before giggling "We're going out for dinner tonight"
"And what makes you think that I want to go out with you?" said Alex. he was getting angrier by the second. He should have just hung up on her when he figured out who it was.
"the fact that I have your pretty little kitty here with me" she said proudly and Alex froze up again
"Zack" he whispered
"Whatever you call him" said Lisa "He's here"

"Prove it" said Alex. He heard the phone being passed to someone before Zack's voice filled his ear
"Alex" Zack gasped
"Zack" breathed Alex
"Don't do it" said Zack "I'm not worth . . ."
The phone was pulled away from Zack before he could finish the sentence and Alex let out a deep breath.

"What do you want?" said Alex, defeated
"Dinner" she said "Tonight"
There was no way he wanted to go out with her but if it meant saving Zack then he would have to suck it up. He would do anything to save his Cat. No. Zack meant more to him than that. His freak out yesterday proved that much. Could he call Zack his boyfriend? Yes. He would do anything to save his boyfriend.

Maybe he could try to escape early? Throw up on her maybe? Alex had a sudden thought. He could distract her long enough for Rian and Jack to go to her house and get Zack. He might not even have to make it through the whole dinner.

"Fine" he grumbled
"Excellent!" said Lisa "I'll meet you at 7 at Cherry Blossom"
Then she hung up.
Alex hung his head and dropped his phone onto the ground and was quickly pulled into Rian's arms
"Don't do it" begged Rian "Please"
"I have to Rian" said Alex "I need Zack back. You know this better than anyone right now. Besides, I have a plan"
Rian looked at the determination in Alex's eyes and nodded
"What's your plan then?"

#

At six thirty Alex stood in front of the mirror in his bathroom. He was wearing dark wash skinny jeans and a navy v-neck shirt with a black hoodie. He was as ready as he was ever going to be for this date.

After he got Zack back he was never letting the cat out alone again. He would probably never let the cat out of his sight.

He slowly walked down the stairs and out the front door, grabbing his keys and wallet before shoving them into his pockets.
"Rian" he called "I'm leaving now"
Jack appeared in front of him and pulled him into a tight, unexpected, hug. "We'll get him back" whispered Jack "Don't worry"

Jack pulled away and Alex sent him a small smile. That dog was incredibly optimistic. But it is the best way to think right now. Alex thought.

He jumped into his car and started it. he just hoped that this night would be over soon.

He arrived at the restaurant in one piece and was quickly led by a waiter over to where Lisa was already sitting at a private table. She smiled when she saw him and stood up
"Alex" she greeted before opening her arms for a hug. Alex shut his eyes and counted backwards from twenty while she hugged him before sitting back down again.

She opened up a menu "What should we order?"

#

Rian and Jack pulled up silently in front of Lisa's house. There were no lights on inside and absolutely no signs of life or even movement. Something wasn't right.
"Jack?" said Rian "Do you think that you could get over her back fence? maybe she's keeping Zack back there"
Jack nodded at his owners commands and ignored the doubtfulness in his voice. Jack was determined to find Zack.

Jack landed with a thud into Lisa's backyard and quickly took off running. If Zack was back here then he would be easy to spot. Thought Jack. Maybe he's even near water? Jack searched around the whole back yard before he heard Rian call him back over
"If you haven't found him by now Jack then he's not back there"

Jack climbed back over the fence, defeated. It was the second time in two days that he had failed to follow Rian's orders. That and they still hadn't found Zack. He collapsed onto the ground in tears. He was useless.
♠ ♠ ♠
Have another Chapter :)

Special thanks to f0reverbr0ken for prety much always commenting :)

Comments make me happy!