Status: Complete (24/9/12)

Can You Be the One to Save Me?

Chapter 10 (Part 2)

Rian quickly gathered Jack up into his arms and got back into his car. He knew that Jack and Zack had become close friends but he didn't realise how much Zack being gone was hurting Jack. He felt like such a bad owner.

"Hush Jack" Cooed Rian "We'll find him"
Jack just shook his head and looked up at Rian "I'm useless" he said before more tears rolled down his face "I don't even know why you picked me in the first place"

Rian looked at Jack, shocked. How could he think that he was useless? Couldn't Jack see how much happier Rian was with him around.
"Jack. What do you mean?" asked Rian softly "You're not useless"
"I can't follow your orders"
"You seem to be doing just fine" said Rian "If you're having trouble then you need to talk to me"

Jack looked up at Rian once more with teary eyes "Yesterday" he said "You told me to find Zack and I couldn't and today you asked me to find him again and I still can't. I'm useless"
"Jack" said Rian "That's not your fault"
Jack looked up at Rian, why was he making excuses for him?
"We don't know where Zack is Jack" said Rian "You can't find him if you don't know where he is"

Jack continued to look up at Rian quietly for a moment before a big grin broke out across his face and he leaned and pressed his lips against Rian's. A doggy kiss. He pulled away and quickly climbed into his seat, fastening his seat belt.
"We better find him then"

#

Lisa put down her fork and looked up at Alex who was picking at his food across the table
"Alex" she said and he looked up at her "Do you love me?"
He looked at her, confused for a second before he decided to be honest with her "I did" he said quietly
"Why did you stop?" she asked. It seemed as if she really was trying to get things to work between them but Alex knew better.

"Because you never loved me" said Alex softly and Lisa slapped her hand down onto the table
"That's a lie!" she said "I always loved you! you were just too selfish too see it!"
"I was selfish?" said Alex, still keeping his voice low "You only ever called me when you needed something and you know it"
"The phone works two ways you know"
"So you wanted to hear about my problem? What if I wasn't ready to tell you?"
"Would you have even been ready?"
"Maybe"

They sat in silence for a few minutes
"Look Lisa, this isn't going to work. Can you just give me Zack back so I can go home?" Alex said defeated. He didn't want to fight anymore, all he wanted was Zack. He was scared to spend another night alone.

"No" said Lisa "This IS going to work and you can't have him back"
Alex glared at her across the table
"What do you mean I can't have him back? You said!"
"No no no dear Alex" said Lisa before reaching across the table and taking Alex's hands in her own "You don't need him anymore"
"You don't know that" spat Alex "I need him more than you will ever know"
"Well it's a good thing that you have me now isn't it?" said Lisa "We're going to work through your problems together"

Alex looked at her in disbelief and she smiled back at him before standing up and pulling on her coat
"Come on" she said "Let's get you home"
"No" said Alex, still sitting in his chair
"Why not? I thought you wanted to go home?"
"With Zack" said Alex "Not with you"
"Well you're going to have to suck it up"

"Not for long" said Alex
"And why is that?"
"Because" said Alex standing up and grasping her neck in one hand, keeping her body close so that she couldn't escape "You're going to give him back to me"

Lisa scratched at his hand and chocked on some air, Alex watched as she gasped for breath and let her go before she could feint "I. Can't" she gasped out
"Well then why not?" snapped Alex "Haven't you caused me enough pain already?"
"Because" said Lisa "I sold him"

#

Rian and Jack pulled up in front of Rian's house exhausted. They had looked everywhere. The park, the shops, alleyways, even nearby houses to both Alex and Lisa's houses. But they still hadn't found Zack. They were both desperately hoping that Lisa had followed through on her word. That she had taken Zack with her on the date and that he was safe with Alex by now. But they were doubtful.

"Do you think I should ring Alex's doctor?" asked Rian eventually and jack looked over at him, confused
"Why?" he asked
"Because maybe he knows what to do" said Rian
"You mean like how to find Zack?" asked Jack and Rian nodded "But we've searched everywhere!"
"But maybe the doctor put a tracker in him" said Rian and Jack screwed up his nose at the thought, making Rian laugh "He is for health reasons you know. Not like you"

"What am I for then?" asked Jack
"Pleasure" said Rian with a chuckle before heading inside and Jack smiled blindingly before climbing out of the car and following Rian into the house.

Rian picked up the phone and quickly found Dr Stump's number.
"Hopefully he knows what to do" said Rian before pressing dial and crossing his fingers. He was their last hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy :)

Comments make me happy!