Status: Complete (24/9/12)

Can You Be the One to Save Me?

Chapter 10 (Part 3)

Zack had been walking around the shopping centre, staying out of everyone's way. Only getting the things that he needed and minding his own business when he was grabbed from behind.

He fought back, scratching and kicking at his attacker but they held strong. He felt something being put around his head, blocking his vision and he was shoved into a small space. He hissed out at his attackers. An animal carrier. How dare they. Didn't they know that he had to get back to Alex?

Alex. Zack thought desperately. He's going to freak out. he's going to think that I left him. That I don't want him anymore. No! I can't let them take me from him!
He felt a car start up and begin to drive. No! they couldn't take him too far away, he didn't know his address! Damn Jack for being right about that.

He hissed and lashed out again bus his hands were bound and he could barely move. Why was this happening to him? Suddenly he felt a wave of panic pass over him. Alex. Thought Zack. Alex was awake. And he was panicking because he couldn't find Zack. Zack knew that this would only get worse the longer he was gone.

Zack took a few deep breaths and felt the panic subside. Maybe Alex found his note? That would give Zack a few more hours to act while Alex was asleep. He felt the car stop and he was roughly pulled out, carried some distance away and dropped onto the ground.
He hissed again.

"Shut it animal" snapped a woman's voice.
Wait. Thought Zack. I know that voice. Lisa. The girl that Alex had told him about. The one that had caused him to attempt suicide. He couldn't let her talk to Alex. He couldn't let her anywhere near Alex!

He started to fight against his bonds again. Pulling and scratching until his arms began to grow tired.
"There's no use" said Lisa "You're not going anywhere"
She pulled the blindfold from over his eyes and he spotted her immediately. She looked just as horrible as she did the other day. Zack felt even more determined than ever to escape.

Zack was just about to give her a piece of his mind when he felt Alex wake up again. Panic filled his mind. Zack gasped. No. Alex!
Lisa laughed at him. "He must have realised that your gone by now" she said before pulling out a phone and dialling a number. No doubt Alex's to try and talk him into doing something stupid. Like come over to her house to get Zack. Oh Shit. Thought Zack. She's going to use me as a bargaining chip. I'm going to die. At least I'm going to die protecting Alex.

"Hello" came Alex's voice from the other end of the phone
A hand came down over his mouth as he opened it to scream out, forcing him to stay silent.
"Alex?" said Lisa, acting stupid. Of course it was him! Thought Zack. You rang him phone! Who else was going to answer?
"What do you want?" snapped Alex. Good. He was on his guard. Zack was almost happy that Alex wasn't going to try to do anything stupid now.
"Now, Now Alex" said Lisa "That's no way to talk to your girlfriend"
"Girlfriend?" spat Alex "Since when?"

"Since now of course" she said before giggling. Urgh. She is completely sickening. Thought Zack. How could Alex stand her? "We're going out for dinner tonight"
"And what makes you think that I want to go out with you?" said Alex. Yes Alex! thought Zack. Don't give in to her! You're stronger than that!
"the fact that I have your pretty little kitty here with me" she said proudly and Zack felt his heart drop. If Alex had a weak spot at all right now it would be him and she just used it against Alex.
"Zack" Alex whispered and Zack could feel the heartbreak through the bond and almost cried out again.
"Whatever you call him" said Lisa smirking down at Zack "He's here"

"Prove it" said Alex and Zack watched as the phone was passed to the attacker that had been holding his mouth shut. The phone was pressed to his ear and his mouth was released
"Alex" Zack gasped
"Zack" breathed Alex
"Don't do it" said Zack "I'm not worth . . ."
The phone was pulled away from Zack before he could finish the sentence and Zack screamed.

But he was quickly silenced by his attacker once more. NO! They couldn't do this at Alex! What had he ever done to them?
"What do you want?" said Alex and Zack felt tears slip down his face. He felt so useless. He couldn't even protect Alex properly.
"Dinner" she said smiling "Tonight"

Zack heard Alex pause on the other end of the phone. NO ALEX! He thought. DON'T DO IT!
"Fine" he grumbled and even more tears slipped down Zack's face
"Excellent!" said Lisa "I'll meet you at 7 at Cherry Blossom"
Then she hung up and turned to smirk down at Zack
"Looks like someone couldn't resist my charm" she said before laughing madly.

That was the last thing Zack saw before it all went black.

#

When Zack woke up again it was to the sound of dogs barking all around him. His eyes snapped open and he knew exactly where he was. Lisa had sold him. And now he was in a 'Pet Shop'. He had heard horrible things about these places. About how they mistreat animals and how hardly anyone ever gets out. He had heard about how most pet, especially second hand ones, usually die in places like this.

He knew that Rian and Jack would be looking for him and maybe even Alex to but Zack couldn't even sense his emotions anymore. He must be too far away. Zack felt himself start to cry again. He had failed them all. and now he was going to die here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is chapter ten part three! You find out wether or not they get Zack back in the next chapter :)

Thank you all for commenting on the last chapter, it really means a lot to me!

Please comment again! :)