Status: Complete (24/9/12)

Can You Be the One to Save Me?

Chapter 5 (Part 1)

Alex and Zack were sitting on the couch together, cuddling and watching a film (well Alex was watching the film, Zack was trying to figure out how to approach Alex about his nightmares) when the phone rang. Zack had never heard Alex's phone ring before so he jumped when he first heard it. Hissing at the kitchen, where the noise was coming from.

Alex laughed (A sound that Zack had only heard once before) and ruffled Zack's hair before getting up and answering the phone. "Hello?" he answered, smiling at Zack before freezing. His body froze completely and his face dropped.

Zack quickly got up and pulled Alex into his arms, brushing back his hair and purring. Desperately trying to pull Alex out of his funk. He'd never seen his owner like this before. Maybe Zack had never really seen him have an attack? What if whoever was on the other end of the phone was the trigger?

"Alex?" Can a man's voice from the other end of the phone and Alex visibly swallowed before leaning heavily against Zack and taking a deep breath, his eyes falling closed.
"Yes" he croaked sounding defeated
"You will be meeting your mother and I for dinner tomorrow night at 6" came the voice "Will you be ok?"
"Yes" he repeated softly
"How is your pet going?" asked the man very formally
"Good" said Alex "It's going well"
"That's good son, make sure you bring him along won't you?"
"Of course" said Alex
"Good boy, will Lisa be joining us as well?"

Alex froze up again. Zack had figured out that it was Alex's father on the other end of the phone, but who was Lisa?

"No" Alex chocked out "Goodbye" he hung up the phone and collapsed into Zack's arms. Zack could feel Alex's emotions slowly getting out of control.

Zack purred loudly and kept Alex close to him. He carried Alex into the living room and shut off the TV before taking him up to Alex's bedroom where they cuddled and Alex fell into an uneasy sleep.

#

Rian laughed at Jack as he tried to stick his head out of the window. He reached over and grabbed Jack's hand, successfully distracting Jack from endangering himself.

"I never did thank you" said Jack, playing with Rian's fingers. They did warn him about the short attention span. It was a part of his defect.
"There's no need" I'd Rian "This will be good for both of us" Jack looked up at Rian confused.
"What do you mean?" asked Jack "Aren't you happy Rian?"

Rian pulled up to his house and got out of the car, helping Jack out as well. "Well" said Rian "long story short, my best friend recently tried to commit suicide and failed thank god but his doctor suggested that he get a cat to help him and now that he doesn't need me . . . Well I'm a bit lonely"
"That's why I'm here!" said Jack wrapping s arms around Rian tightly.

"It is indeed" said Rian returning the hug before grabbing his hand and pulling him into the house.
"It's not much" he said "But it's home"
Jack was looking around eagerly, clearly not listening

"Jack"
Rian grabbed his chin and looked into his eyes
"Rules"
Jack nodded eagerly, almost vibrating with excitement.
"Don't break anything and no cooking ok."
"Got it Rian"
"Repeat it to me"
"Don't break anything and no cooking" he said quickly
"Good boy" said Rian kissing his nose before letting him go "Go and explore ok? I have to call someone"
Jack nodded before bounding away.

Rian laughed at his eagerness and pulled out his phone, dialling Matt's number
"Yo Ri!"
"Hey Matt" said Rian laughing
"What's up?"
"You'll never believe what I just did man"
". . . What?"
"I bought a dog!"
"You listened to my advice?"
"I know! I couldn't believe it either but yeah. I just wanted to let you know"
"Awesome"
"Well I gotta go, catch you later?"
"Of course dude, have fun!"
"Ok man, later" Rian said before hanging up

Rian paused for a second before hearing some noise coming from upstairs. He followed the music coming softly from his room before pushing pen the door to find Jack spread eagle in the middle of the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

Rian lay down next to him and Jack cuddled up to him as Rian quickly fell asleep.
"Don't worry Rian" whispered Jack "I'll look out for you" he kissed Rian's cheek before falling asleep as well.

#

Zack woke up before Alex the next day (which wasn't unsusal) and decided to cook his owner breakfast while his emotions were calm.

He set to work, cooking pancakes while Alex slept predicting that Alex would wake up when he smelt the food. Half an hour later and Alex was still asleep so Zack wrapped up the pancakes for later and started to clean. He would just have to wait for Alex to wait up.

Several hours later Alex woke up. It was almost three in the afternoon and he was immeadiately flustered.
"Zack" he called and Zack appeared obediently in the doorway
"Why didn't you wake me up?" he snapped

"Because you barely slept last night" said Zack "You deserve a sleep in" Zack was getting worried about his master, he was very wound up . . . And angry. Zack had no idea what was going to happen. He'd never seen Alex like this.

"What time is it?"
"Almost three"
"We have to meet my parents at six" said Alex quickly "We have to leave at five thirty"
Zack obediently nodded and looked to the floor.

Alex got up and pulled Zack into a hug "I'm sorry" he whispered "But my parents . . . Don't know"
Zack wrapped his arms around Alex, he was the one who was supposed to be looking after Alex! Not the other way around!

"Don't know what?" asked Zack softly
"That I'm gay" said Alex as Zack stroked his hair.

Alex is gay? Thought Zack somewhat excitedly. No. Focus. He thought you can't have any thoughts about Alex like that. He needs you!

Alex pulled away from Zack and looked him in the eyes "They cannot know ok?" he asked sternly, looking at Zack intently "Actually, when they're around just don't talk ok?"
Zack looked at Alex confused about his new order
"Ok?" repeated Alex almost desperately and Zack nodded, he could deny Alex anything.

Alex smiled and kissed Zack on the nose "Good" he said "Now, let's go get cleaned up"
♠ ♠ ♠
Two in one night! I'm on a roll!
Haha cliffhanger!

Next update should come on either Wednesday or Thursday if you're lucky!

Please comment! :)