Status: Complete (24/9/12)

Can You Be the One to Save Me?

Chapter 7

Things were better for both Alex and Zack after that. Zack continued to look after Alex. Cooking for him, cuddling together at night and stealing kisses whenever he got the opportunity. They were finally happy together.

Zack had yet to approach Alex about his nightmares though and he was getting more nervous about approaching his owner about them. The nightmares themselves weren't getting any better, Alex was still having at least one a night but they weren't getting any worse either. Zack was starting to worry at how used to waking Alex up he was getting.

Alex and Zack were cuddling on the couch one day. Zack was trying to watch a cooking show and Alex was distracting him by placing kisses along his face and neck, laughing as Zack half-heartedly tried to push him away. This continued for a while before Zack gave in and pulled Alex in for a kiss. Their lips touched and their tongues met gently.

They were so caught up in the kiss that neither of them heard the key in the lock. Or the door opening. Or Lisa enter the house. It wasn't until she saw them kissing and screamed that they broke apart.

Alex looked up at her wide-eyed and panting and Zack froze as well once he spotted her.
"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" she screamed puling Zack away from Alex and pushing him down onto the floor "YOU FILTHY ANIMAL" She screamed "HOW DARE YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HIM LIKE THAT?"

Alex snapped out of his fear long enough to yell
"DON'T TALK TO HIM LIKE THAT"
Alex stood up and Zack stood up in front of him, growling softly at Lisa even though he had no idea who she was, he didn't like the way that she was yelling or the feeling that he got from her. What he hated the most was the feelings of absolute terror that were flowing from Alex like waves.

"Alex sweetie" said Lisa "Your mother told me that you were getting better"
"I am" said Alex, feeling better standing behind Zack "No thanks to you"
"Now now Alex" she cooed "No need to get angry. Now why don't you come out from behind your stupid pet and we can talk about this"
Zack growled again and Alex's hands started to shake but he held tight onto Zack's hips to keep them steady.
"Apologise" said Alex and Lisa sighed
"Fine" she said "I'm sorry" she turned back to Alex "Happy now?"

Alex sighed before sitting down again and tugging Zack's hand so he was sitting on his feet. Lisa smiled before sitting next to him where Zack was moments before and taking one of his hands in both of hers and smiled at him in a way that made him feel sick. He threaded his fingers of his other hand though Zack's hair for comfort.

Alex wanted her to leave as soon as possible. Why did she decide to bother him now? Why did she always ruin his happiness? And more importantly why wasn't she still freaking out about him and Zack?

"Alex" she said slowly" Now that you're getting better I think that it's time that we got back together"
Alex tensed up again. No. This isn't what he wanted. He wanted nothing to do with her at all. He shook his head stiffly and looked down at Zack who was looking up at him in fear. Did Zack think that Lisa would separate them? Alex wouldn't let that happen. He wasn't willing to let his happiness go. Not this time.

"Alex" she said "I'm willing to overlook this little . . . experiment with your pet if you'll just . . ."
Alex cut her off "Experiment"
"Yes exactly" said Lisa "That's all this was" she tried to brush Alex's hair off of his face but he jumped up startling Zack who glared at Lisa once more before putting himself between them.
"Get out" said Alex pointing at the door

"What?" said Lisa "I don't understand"
"Get out"
"Alex . . ."
"GET OUT" Roared Alex
Lisa stood up, her face screwed up in anger
"Alex" she said "Listen to me"

Alex camped his hands over his ears and yelled again "GET OUT"
"NO" yelled Lisa pushing Zack aside forcefully and grabbing Alex's hands away from his ears.

"This is what is going to happen" she said "we" Alex struggled against her, his head thrashing from side to side "We are going to get back together" she said not noticing Zack stand up behind her "Or I tell your parents about your little experiment and they get rid of your little pet. you wouldn't want that now would you?"

Alex looked up at Zack over Lisa's shoulder, eyes filled with fear and unshed tears as Lisa smiled at him, thinking she convinced Alex. That she had him in her grasp again. She let go of his hands and touched his cheat, letting out a deep breath.

"Well" she said "Now that's over I think it's time we went on a date and caught up don't you?"
Alex just shook his head and pushed Lisa away "No" he whispered and Lisa laughed
"I will tell them Alex" she said menacingly but Alex seemed to be unfazed by it, his fear having consumed him
"No" he whispered again and Lisa lifted her hand but before she could slap some sense into Alex, Zack caught her hand and pulled her back
"he said no" Zack said softly before pulling Lisa to the door "I suggest you leave"

"What would you know animal?" she spat
"No" whispered Alex again and Zack opened the door, pushed her outside but before he could close the door and tend to Alex she screamed
"THIS ISN'T THE LAST OF THIS"
Zack slammed the door and turned to Alex, just in time to see him fall to the floor unconscious.

Zack scampered over to Alex and held his head in his lap. He could feel Alex's emotions rushing around in his head. Anger. Fear. Confusion.
Then nothing as he collapsed as well. His last thoughts hoping that Alex would be ok.
♠ ♠ ♠
have a clffhanger while I go on camp :)
Haha I feel so evil right now but don't worry I have the next chapter written and ready to go when I get back next week!

Please comment :)