Status: Active! feedback would be highly, highly appreciated :)

One Day

If We Were Lovers

Groaning, I sat up in bed and moved my hair out the way. I’d had way too much to drink last night and boy was I paying for it this morning, my head was thumping. The other lump in the bed was distracting me from getting a good night’s sleep, after all, I was used to sleeping alone.

Sam was sleeping soundly next to me, the duvet had fallen down to his navel, revealing his naked upper half to me. The time we spent apart had obviously done him well but I couldn't help but notice how different his body was from Zack’s. It was tanned and hard all over, not an inked design in sight.

“Mornin’ babe..” Sam’s muscular arm around my waist made me jump. He chuckled, pulling me onto my back.

I smiled up at him, the memories of last night came flooding back. He seemed to know what I was thinking because he sighed loudly and rolled onto his side. This always seemed to happen whenever we got together and it frustrated Sam to the point where he couldn’t look at me. He was absolutely livid with me, the tension in the room thick in the air.

Thinking back it was probably one of the deciding factors that brought us to an end. He probably would’ve been even more upset if he knew that I was comparing him to some random guy. This man would always hold my heart in a way, especially since he was my first proper boyfriend, but Zack made me feel different. He scared me, terrified me in fact and I loved it. It was then I realised that I was in big trouble.

“What are you thinking?” he asked, slipping out of bed. I knew what was coming, he would try and start an argument so he could leave. He pulled his jeans on and looked at me, waiting for answer.

I shrugged, staring down into the duvet cover. “I don’t know, nothing you need to know. It’s complicated and to be honest I don’t wanna upset you anymore than I have, trust me if I tell you then you’ll go mad. Just because we spent a night together doesn’t mean that we’re gonna get back together and live happily ever after, is it? Look Sam, let’s face facts here…things haven't been good for a while.”

He frowned, placing his hand on my leg as he sat down next to me. This game was beginning to get old for both us, to be honest, it was slowly killing us both.

“Why do you do this every time, Kirsten?!” He got up, his face masked in anger.

Annoyed, I sighed and got out of bed. I brushed past him and headed downstairs, not being able to cope with anymore arguments. George followed me into the kitchen, his tail wagging against my leg as he licked my hand.

“Seriously?! I’m trying to have a fucking conversation and you just walk away?!” Sam bellowed, grabbing my arm so I was forced to look at him. I glared and threw my arm back dramatically, making it known I wasn’t happy with his actions.

I got right up in his face and sneered. “What is it your expecting me to say exactly? oh thanks, Sam for giving me a mercy fuck? that I’m happy you decided to waltz back into my life out of the blue?”

He opened his mouth to reply but the door bell ringing cut him off. I rolled my eyes and stormed towards the door, hoping it was a delivery man. I swung the door open, there stood Zack looking as handsome as ever, a bunch of flowers in his hand.

He grinned briefly, his beautiful face turning sour as I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

“What the fuck is going on?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey another update, sorry its been delayed! Ive just been really busy at the moment.

Thanks for all the support with the story so far

Nicole :)