Status: Active! feedback would be highly, highly appreciated :)

One Day

Unexpected Contact

That night when I got home, I was practically dying for a glass of red wine. Turns out Zachary Baker and his wife had a whole lot more problems than they were willing to let on, in fact, both myself and Robert had been shocked by their outburst.

I found it hard to believe they were actually still together after the way they addressed each other on a regular basis. It saddened me to know that two people could drift so far apart from each other in such a short space of time, just goes to show that pure love doesn't always count for everything.

Shaking the thoughts from my head, I sat down on the sofa with George, petting his large head. My phone buzzed, looking down it saw it was a text from an unknown number.

Hi it’s Zack Baker…the one with the crazy wife…

Well at the point, I just about dropped my phone. Why could he possibly be contacting his relationship councillor, the same one that he’d previously been trying to hit on at the store. I was confused as to how he’d managed to get my number in the first place. Maybe he was a serial killer, that did seem like a viable option.

Despite my reservations and against my better judgement I replied.

Hello, Mr Baker. Can I help you?

I put my phone down on the arm of the sofa and waited what felt like forever for a reply. Frustrated I turned my phone over so I couldn’t see the screen, as if that was going to make him text me back any quicker.

My phone buzzed and I quickly glanced at his reply. Look I’m sorry about today. I feel like me and Gena might have went a little over board…

I looked down at my phone, confused. I didn’t see why he was so bothered about today’s event especially considering the fact that I was getting paid a good wage to listen to his problems. I mean, on a scale of one to ten his problems actually didn’t seem that crazy too me. I got up and poured myself a small glass of red, unsure of what to say next.

Don’t worry, it’s my job :)

He replied almost instantly.

I still feel really guilty though, can I make it up to you?

If I wasn’t confused, I sure as hell was now. Mr Baker was definitely playing some sort of mind game, what kind I wasn’t sure. I actually contemplated that it could be his wife at the moment, trying to pretend to see if I was other woman or if he would stray so easily. Meeting a client for any other reason rather than business was highly frowned upon in my line of work but I couldn’t help but feel a certain curiosity to his request.

Why?

My phone buzzed again, his texts becoming frequent.

Please just come, I have some things to discuss with you.
♠ ♠ ♠
So after a really long time of not writing due to personal reasons, I have decided to come back and become active again as it's something I enjoy!

I wanted to bring life to this story again so I thought why not. It will be set when the original band was together so just a thing to bare in mine.

Comments and feedback would be highly appreciated!

RIP Jimmy Sullivan

Nicole