Status: Active! feedback would be highly, highly appreciated :)

One Day

I Know I'll Be There At The End Of The Day

Zack lay there, wishing he hadn’t agreed to a holiday. He hadn’t wanted to come to begin with but Gena pestered him until he gave in, now he wished he’d just refused. Gena was suffocating him with her presence, making him feel more resentment towards her. She had clung to his side all week and it was now beginning to grate on him.

Even in a beautiful place like this, he couldn’t escape her constance need for love and reassurance, and it was beginning to drive him mad. At that moment he wondered what Kirsten doing, wishing he could be by her side.

“What’s wrong babe?” Gena questioned, pulling her sunglasses down to look her husband. “You’ve been quiet all morning. It’s not like you. I know you feel guilty for up and leaving the guys but I’m sure they’ll cope for a short time without you.”

Zack fought the urge to roll his eyes at her statement, always blaming other people, she always did.

“No, course not. I’m just thinking how lucky I am to have someone like you, I’m just glad we’re trying to work things out.” he lied through his teeth as he took her hand, pulling her closer. He kissed her lips, wishing it could be someone else, he missed her soft skin and her delicate perfume.

He wished things could be different.

***

Kirsten smiled over the table at Sam, who had made a big fuss of their dinner arrangement tonight, he had been trying to kiss her ass ever since he arrived.

The smile didn’t quite reach her eyes. To anyone looking in you’d swear they were madly in love but Kirsten saw behind it all, the way he ogled women as they passed by. Sam had always took great pleasure in making her feel small. Then of course, she had been willing to put up with it, but now she was a grown women. She was not going to let his immature behaviour affect her like that ever again.

“You look beautiful Kirsten.” he gushed, his eyes clouded over with lust. “In fact, I’ve not seen you look so well in a long time. I must say you’ve grown up loads since we split up, your like a whole new woman.”

She didn't appreciate his comment, not one bit.

“Sam, don’t. Just please don’t.” she pleading, trying not to get upset. “I can’t deal with this. You can’t just show up out of the blue and expect things to pick up where they left off. We’ve gone through too many times to play this silly game. We played this game last time and it nearly killed me then.”

“I don’t want to hurt you. I want us to be friends again.”

Dinner was relatively quiet, but at least things had picked up. Sam had stopped his childish little games and Kirsten was beginning to enjoy herself. As they strolled down onto the beach, shoes in their hands, she remembered why she had been his girl. He was a fun guy when he wasn’t being an overbearing jerk.

The night air was calm as they continued down the beach, the tide only coming to Sam’s knee. It was a new experience for the brunette girl. After all she was used to living in the city so this was a real novelty to her, a novelty she hoped to keep up for a long time.

Their walk down the beach was such a cliche, she laughed. Sam looked down at his first love and saw the girl he’d met four years ago in that crowded, little shop. He felt truly gut sorry for what had happened between them.

“I miss you Kirsten. I want us to try again, I know I’ve had a lot of chances but I need you. Things aren’t the same at home since you up and left, even the dog misses you. Why do you keep shutting me out?”

His question cut deep to the core. He knew perfectly well that Kirsten was hurting inside. It hadn’t been easy for her to just up and leave her old life behind. She seriously contemplated his statement, wishing that she had the sense to tell him to go. In her heart of hearts, deep down, she knew he was bullshitting.

“I don’t know,” she swirled her dress around her finger nervously, her gaze fixed on the sand. “A lot of things have changed since I left, Sam. I don’t know if I can go back on my word and just forget all that’s happened, not after you cheated. I lost all trust in you then, and its hard to get that trust back. I really can’t do this anymore! Just leave me alone, go home Sam!”

He took hold of her arms, forcing her to look at him. His eyes pleading with her, begging her to give him another shot. Sam knew it was one of her weaknesses. He always used it as an advantage every time they fought.

Breaking out of her daze, Kirsten pulled away, an upset look ghosting her features. She stormed back to the car, not bothering to put her shoes on as she reached the sidewalk. Sam’s car was a plush BMW 3 Series Sport in red, with all it’s fancy leather upholstery and all of the new spec features. Sam didn’t do anything by half.

“C’mon Kirsten! Stop being a baby!”

He got into the car, slamming the door behind him. He was livid, his skin a faint pinkish red. He looked over at her, his eyes darkened with wild anger, and with one swoop, he puller her onto his lap. The couple stared at each other, neither one of them daring to move, both out of breath from their screaming match.

Kirsten knotted her hands through his hair and pulled, hoping it would cause him some pain. Shocked, Sam, closed his eyes and groaned loudly. He could feel her body pressing down on him, her soft skin connecting with his. Pulling her closer, he attacked her lips in a painful kiss, the two battling for dominance as their tongues met.

Kirsten felt lightheaded as they continued to make out in the front seat of his car. It was exhilarating, she felt like she was 17 years old all over again and had just kissed a boy for the first time.

She was the first one to pull away, her lips red and swollen as she looked at her ex. He looked incredible in that moment. His hair was messy, the stubble on his chin and throat just visible in the street light.

She burst into laughter, a mixture of genuine shock and lust. She couldn’t believe that had just happened.

“What?!” Sam breathed, beaming from ear to ear. She was still on his lap, his obvious excitement noted as she wiggled around slightly. Her gripped her hips tightly, his knuckles turning white as he looked down at their hips connecting. He gave her a warning look.

“Don’t, not unless you plan on finishing what you start.” he said between breaths, trailing gentle kisses down her neck.

“Take me home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update :)

Thanks for the support guys!

Nicole x