Status: Completed 28/12/12

The Consequence

The Dilemma

** Alex's POV **

The bus was already on it's way to our new location as I changed out of my dripping wet shirt. My mood was made soar after Carrie left without so much as a goodbye. I mean, what the fuck? Bitch on her period? I shook out my thoughts and turned to Jack who was lounging on the coach with the TV remote in hand, he had the most irritatingly happy smile glued onto his face, it contrasted very well with my current mood which just made my mood worsen.
"What's with the smile?" I snapped, coming to rest by Jacks side on the coach.
"Oh nothing, I just um...kissed Carrie." He turned to face me, his smile stretching from ear to ear. I scowled, but Carrie was my girl. I took her out on that little "date". I should've got that kiss.
"But...I was the one to take Carrie out, I thought I made it clear I was interested." Jack scoffed which made my blood boil.
"Interested in getting in her pants dude! And what about that girl yesterday night? Fucking her didn't give off the impression you were interested in Carrie." He turned back to the TV, a satisfied smirk on his face. I wanted to punch him, very hard, in the nuts. Trust him to bring up that girl. I frowned at the memory, I just went out for some fresh air before bed and there she was in all her fake tanned and fake boobed glory, leaning against the wall of some casino or something. I couldn't really help it, she lunged and me with her toad like lips and well...when hormones take over...

I must admit, after that night I felt...dirty...and very guilty. I was kinda interested in getting to know Carrie and seeing where that would lead and after that night I just felt like I'd let her down in a sense. I'd pinned my interests and desires on Carrie and after fucking that girl I felt like I'd already let her down. I most definitely wasn't proud of what I did.

Jealousy raged through me at the thought of Jack getting what I wanted: a kiss from Carrie. How was that even fair? If I only knew that being all adorable with my water gun and soaking her a few times would get me easy access to her lips, hell I would do it. But too late, this time Jack got the girl. And I wasn't too happy about it.

** Max's POV **

I heard the door open and close, I leaned out from my bunk slightly and saw it was Carrie. Nerves and relief swept through me, she was back safe. Her face seemed to almost glow and her smile was as bright as the stars. I knew that look. Jealousy and hurt took over my senses, she'd kissed someone, and that someone wasn't me. I thought we had a moment? I thought we were maybe one step closer to being together somehow. Clearly I was wrong, and that stung.
So, who's the lucky lad then?" I asked not moving my gaze from the ceiling as I stared up from my bunk. I could tell she was blushing by the slight pause before she answered.
"Jack." The way she said his name made me want to kick and scream like a little child, it was laced with adoration and a million memories yet to be shared. I could feel her climb onto my bunk and slide into the space beside me, I turned to face her, her eyes were sad as they met mine.
"We kissed behind his bus, it wasn't planned it just...happened." I looked down at my hands, a lump forming in my throat.
"Will-will anything happen?" I hesitated to ask the question I was desperate to know the answer to. My head snapped up to see her facial expression as she answered it, she hesitated and a smile pulled at her lips.
"I don't know Max, maybe." I felt the air inside my body rush out me like someone punched right through my chest.
"Oh." I rolled over onto my back again and continued staring at the ceiling. I felt my lips forming words but I never remember telling them to. "Why him?" I closed my eyes, realizing the double meaning, realizing the sentence was only half finished: why him and not me?

** Carrie's POV **

"Why him?" I wanted to cry, to tare all my hair out, to punch a hole into a wall. What was I doing to myself, to Max? I knew deep down that as soon as this tour started that everything was falling apart with me and Josh, it would be impossible to piece it back together. I love Josh, I think I always will but Max was there to hold me and to suffer through this with me, he was there when I needed someone the most. So why did I choose Jack?
"Because he's different, he's good for me." As I said the words I was trying my hardest to believe them myself. I did like Jack, I honestly did. But I couldn't help the feeling I was going to hurt a lot more people then I would have liked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is just a quick fuller :/ So Jack and Carrie are pretty much together now. But poor Max aww :( I'll try and update soon with something maybe a bit more interesting for you haha :)