Status: Completed 28/12/12

The Consequence

Tigers And Sharks

*** Carrie's POV ***

I was cold. Man, I was freezing. I craned my head to find my blankets had all tangled up at the bottom of my bunk. Traitors. With a yawn and a stretch I decided I might as well get up.

With one hand spooning Cookie Crisp into my eager mouth and the other patting down my bird's nest hair I sat down to a silent breakfast. That makes a change I suppose. In the background I could faintly here someone stirring, Dan probably, he's quite a morning person.
"'Morning love." Fuck! Swallowing down the mouthful of cereal I nearly chocked on I spun round in my chair.
"Jesus Josh, nearly gave me a heart attack." He gave a heart chuckle and sat down facing me, steaming cup of coffee in one hand. "What's got you up so early?"
"Couldn't sleep." He proclaimed.
"I can see that," I said while examining the deep purple circles outlining his eyes and pasty white skin that seemed to hang off him. "Hangover?" He nodded grimly and took another gulp at his coffee.
"I think I've got some painkillers in my bag. You want me to go get them for you?" He shook his head hastily and grimaced at the sudden action. I cocked an eyebrow in silent amusement. I half rose from my chair."You sure? I can -"
"I need to talk to you actually." I lowered myself down again, eyebrows raised in suspicion. What would he want to talk to me about?
"Well um...what about?" I stammered. He looked at me with a blank expression on his face. He seemed to scan me with his piercing blue eyes.
"How are you feeling about Jack?" My heart sank into the pit of my stomach. Oh. I see. I lowered my eyes and stared transfixed at my now soggy cereal.
"Um..." I loudly cleared my throat in attempt to rid the lump forming "I don't know, I'm pretty torn up I suppose. He seemed like such a nice guy..." I trailed off, focusing all my energy on keeping my heart intact.
"And er...what about...Max?" I whipped my head up, eyes narrowed.
"What about him?" I asked, voice dripping with accusation. Josh gave a bark of a laugh void of all humour. his eyes had that fire back in them. My stomach tied in knots and I shuffled uncomfortably.
"We all know damn well that he fancies you! You two have been flirting non stop since we broke up so...what do you feel for him?" My throat went dry, this was the question I've been asking myself since the plane.
"I don't know Josh. It all depends on...um...something else." Or someone else. I darted my eyes away from his. I could tell my eyes would give it away, give away that I might still have feelings for him. But the real problem was, did he still have feelings for me? And did I want to go down that road again?

*** Jack's POV***

After she left I felt empty. Like she had just ripped all the life out of me. I stared blackly at the door as if willing her to come back through it and fall back into my arms. My mind was whizzing. Why did Alex say that? Why would she believe him? I gave a heaving sigh and sank down onto the floor, fists knotted into my hair in frustration and rage.

My legs reacted before my mind could. They lead me out the door, through the crowd of people and in front of the caramel blonde. I looked down on him, anger bubbling inside me like a poison.
"Why the FUCK did you say I cheated on Carrie?!" Alex looked at me, a smirk formed on his face like a target for my fist.
"If I can't have her, no one can." His voice didn't portray any fear or anger or even hatred. It was pure calm like a cold stream.
"You're a lying son of a bitch!" I spat before connecting my fist with his face.

*** Josh POV ***

"I don't know Josh. It all depends on...um...something." Her cheeks went a rosy red and she diverted her eyes. This was it. This was my chance.
"And...what about...me?" My voice was a croak and Carrie's whole body seemed to freeze. She bit her lip in thought. My heart was fluttering in my chest. This was it. This was the make or break moment.
"I think I still have feelings for you but...I'm not sure if I want to be with you again after all that happened in our last attempt." A cold sensation like ice seemed to trickle down my body. My heart shattered in my chest and I clenched my fists. I took a great breathe.
"I get it. Well I should be away now. Don't want to be late for sound check." I could see her face fall as I heaved myself out of my seat and make my way to the shower.

I was hurt, but I'd show her. I'd show her just how sorry I was. I'd show her just how much she still means to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is kinda short...but more will be coming your way! So what do you think? Who do you think Carrie should be with now? What do you think's going to happen? Let me know in the comments :)