Status: Completed 28/12/12

The Consequence

Trophy Eyes

** Alex's POV **

"I better get back to my bus, it's getting kinda late." I whipped my head around as Carrie slowly got off the couch with a small smile. Fuck she was hot. I got up to show her the way out but she shooed me away. "I can manage by myself Alex," She laughed. "Thanks so much for having me, it was great meeting you all." We all mumbled our agreement and hugged her one by one, me being the last in the line. As I wrapped my arms around her tiny waist I lightly whispered in her ear.
"I have to see you again, can I have your number so we can hang out?" She blushed (so fucking cute) and quickly wrote down her number on a napkin she found on the little kitchen counter.
"Hey no fair! I want her number too!" Jack squealed before snatching the napkin off me and typing the digits in his phone. Carrie laughed and shook her head making her dirty blond hair wave from side to side making my stomach tie in knots. I wanted this girl. She lightly kissed both Jack and I's cheek before disappearing out of the bus. I slumped back down on the couch and heaved a huge sigh.
"S'up dude?" Zack joined me on the couch turning towards me, raising an eyebrow.
"Oh nothing to worry your pretty little head about Zack." I smirked and Zack playfully punched my arm, I flinched, I know it wasn't supposed to be soar but fuck that kinda hurt.
"It's got something to do with that Carrie girl hasn't it?" I scoffed, he knew perfectly fine what it was about, he didn't even need to ask. "She's hot dude, just fuck her." Now it was my turn to punch Zack's arm.
"Yeah but she's not like the rest of the girls, I know I can't just pop a boner, ask her to come to my bunk and she'll just fall into my arms. She's more careful, maybe even cautious."
"Dude get your head out your ass, if it's just a fuck your wanting go for someone else more, well, easy. If you want something more then go for it and earn her trust. Don't go over thinking it, not good for you." I nodded at his wise words. I have to admit at first I was just after a casual fuck, that's why I asked her to come back with me. But after I saw how she just wanted to hang out and never reacted to my "subtle hints" I guessed she was more of a challenge and I liked that, I liked it a lot. Hell I like her a lot. Now I wasn't so sure what I was after.

** Carrie's POV **

As I stepped off the bus I was greeted with the cool breeze of the night. I padded along the tarmac towards where my bus should be as my phone went off, I pulled it out my shorts pocket, the sudden bright light stinging my eyes.

"Are you back safe? It was so good meeting you today :) -Jack xx"

I smiled to myself at Jack's kind words before quickly replying.

"Nearly at my bus now, no rapists so far ;) was brilliant meeting you too Jack :) xx"

The door flung open to a bus a few feet away from me. I jumped in fright but let out a low sigh as I realized it was only Max.
"Where the hell have you been?" He asked, the side of his mouth folded down in a slight frown. I gave him a reassuring smile.
"I was just at All Time Low's bus, hanging out." Instantly Max's eyebrow shot up.
"All Time Low? Since when were you pals with them?" I shrugged, and pushed past Max into the bus. Matt and Chris were in the middle of some sort of card game in the back lounge, I went over to join them.
"Well at least your back alright. Text me next time you decide to wonder off without anyone knowing." I smiled and got up off my knees to kiss Max on the cheek.
"I promise I will next time." Max gave a satisfied shrug and pulled me up onto his lap as he sat down on our couch. I snuggled up to his chest and pulled out my phone to check the time to find two unread messages. The first one was from Jack in reply to the one I sent him earlier.

"What? The gang I sent out to rape you didn't show? Dickheads. ;D xx" I giggled quietly and quickly taped out a reply.

"Pshht just can't find the staff these days. Rape's kinda going out in style now Jacky Boy...keep up! xx" I exited Jack's messages and opened the second unread one. My breath caught in my chest as I read it...it was from Alex.

"Hey Carrie :) You wanna come hang with me tomorrow? I'll come and get you at around 10? -Alex xx" A cheesy smile crept up on my lips as I typed a reply.

"Hello :) That sounds great, I'll be there. xx" I reread my reply over and over, assessing what he would make of it: Too long? Too short? Too clingy? Before pressing the send button. I felt Max lean in to my face.
"You want to go to bed now? I'm getting a bit tired myself." I nodded and he led me to my bunk, (his was on top of mine) so I could get changed into a white strappy top and red and white stripped pyjama bottoms. I curled up on my bunk, I wasn't used to having a bed to myself, even if it was pretty small. I heaved a sigh before lifting myself up onto Max's bed.
"Carrie? You okay?" I nodded sleepily and cuddled into Max's side so my back was to his chest.
"I just felt kinda lonely down there. You don't mind do you?" I felt him shake his head against my shoulder before letting out a content sigh and squeezing my waist closer to his chest. I fell asleep inhaling the sweet smell of Max's cologne.
"Tomorrow can't come fast enough." I thought to myself as I played scenarios to what might happen tomorrow with Alex. A surprising wave of guilt washed over me as I thought of the day with Alex. Why was that? I turned over and my face was inches from Max's sleeping face, a small smile played on his lips and he snuggled his face deeper into the crook of my neck. I let myself smile at the sight of him. He was so adorable when he was sleeping, my eyes couldn't soak in enough of him.
"Ah." I thought. "That's why."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry there isn't a lot in this chapter. I thought I'd just fill you all in as to what's going on. What you think about the whole Alex thing? You think he's in it for the right reasons? And what about poor Max and Jack? Let me know in the comments :) Thank you.