Status: Just Getting Warmed Up With This One, Kids. (:

The Howling

Chapter Two: The Beast

Her skin was on fire. The flames licked at her entire being, scorching. She felt her bones snap, and rearrange in the most painful way possible. She convulsed, but there was no relief. Never for her.

For a brief moment, it all stops. She opened her eyes long enough to look up towards the night sky. The full moon was covered by a cloud, a reprieve for the inevitable. Her beast stirred, impatient. It has wanted this for almost a month, but was unable to break free from her. Her body was it's cage, and it wanted out.

The cloud moved, the irredecent glow of the moon caressed her skin. In an instant she was set ablaze. Her reprieve over. The bending and breaking of her bones sent her to her knees.

To on-lookers, it would look as though she was a naked, deranged girl who needed some serious mental help. Only those who knew her also knew of her beast.

Fur sprouted out from her in time with the bending of her spine. A ferral growl that was not her own, rumbled through her chest. The beast was getting what it wanted, just as it always has.

When the pain subsided, and her skin was no longer on fire, she opened her eyelids, looking through new eyes. The beast's eyes.

A howl ripped through the air, calling forth the others. Others that shared her curse, that were condemned to live as such monsters.

They came through the trees, their large, furry heads bowed to her. There was fifteen of them in all, ranging in size and colors. None of which matched her. She was by far, the biggest and strongest, given her small human frame from before the change.

She sent out another howl, this time to the moon. The others followed suit. Their cries echoeing through the thick trees.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had fun writing this chapter. I think this might be my favorite one out of the whole story.

Hope you guys liked it. Thank you to those that have read it. :)