Status: ACTIVE!

Tell Me Why...

On the Run!

Beep beep! Beep beep! Bee-!

My hand slammed down on my alarm as I looked over at my alarm seeing the flashing red numbers saying 5:30 am. Looking at the foot of the bed laid my husky Toka, he raised his head sleepily making me smile and pet his ears.

Looking behind my I see the body of a man, a man I’ve hated since the day I moved in a year ago.

That man is my abusive ex-boyfriend Todd. Of course he started as the sweet, nice guy everyone loves and wants but behind closed doors is a different story, today I was planning to escape from this hell hole in the sunny city of L.A., California. Getting from the bed quietly I slipped into my jogging suit to not look suspicious, today was the day I’m finally going to escape my personal hell and the devil himself.

Once Toka knew what I was doing he quietly slipped off the bed as he always does every morning I would go out jogging. Taking my gym bag on the way out I continued out the bedroom with Toka on my heels as we both was soon down the stairs and walking out the door. We were so close now, taking the keys out to my Malibu we made a break for it, opening the passenger door Toka hopped right in, shutting the door I ran to the driver’s side tossing the bag into the backseat and placed the key into the ignition and turned it.

There was a problem. The car stalled.

I turned the key once again only to hear the annoying yet frightening sound once again of the car stalling.

“What the hell are you doing!”

Looking up I saw Todd’s tussled blonde locks framing those piercing blue eyes, before long his disappeared into the house long enough for panic to settle into my stomach and turning that damn key again only this time more afraid for Toka’s and my own life.

“Come on! Come on dammit!”

I screamed pleadingly as Toka began to bark signaling Todd was coming back, as soon as the apartment door opened the car roared to life. I didn’t waste a second to throw it into drive and peel out of the parking space. Todd’s voice began to fade out the faster the car got and the further away I ran from my now to be old life.

After going through L.A. we were now on the highway I couldn’t help but to smile feeling free as a bird. Looking to Toka I rolled down the passenger window and watched him poke his head out just the way he liked it. Digging around a little I found my burned Flyleaf CD and popped it right into the car CD player turning the music right up as California was soon behind us.

~Some Time Later~
It was now nightfall and Toka and I was tired along with starving since we haven’t eaten in almost 24 hours straight. We had crossed into Washington state some hours ago and stopped to get gas a few times along the way, too scared to stay in one place for too long incase Todd somehow might have been trying to follow us.

Even if he was possibly hundreds of miles away I wasn’t going to take any chances whatsoever. Soon we passed by a sign saying, ‘Welcome to La Push’, Toka looked to me and the barked causing me to smile, looks like this was our stop. I began to look through the windshield to try and see if there was a motel or some bed and breakfast place we could crash for the night till the bar began to smoke and jump. Groaning I pulled over to the side of the road while Toka whined and gave me a, ‘Are you serious?’ look making me nod petting his head and sighed unbuckling my seat belt slipping out of the car.

Looking around I looked to my phone and paled at what I saw groaning, “Fuck…” I mumbled seeing I had not one single bar here and it was starting to drizzle too. At least I knew my way around cars and bikes shrugging lightly I popped the hood and walked over to it pulling it up letting the smoke clear out. Once it was clear I looked over the engine as Toka got into the backseat to retrieve my toolbox. Grabbing my phone I turned on the flashlight app to get a better look since it was basically pitch black darkness and only a slither of moonlight every few minutes that escaped through the clouds passing by.

After a few minutes of tinkering around it had begun to rain a little heavier and could hear thunder in the distance. I was getting nowhere and Toka was getting aggravated with the wildlife in the area he couldn’t chase. Putting away the tools I was grumbling about the car till Toka began to bark loudly as I looked around the front bumper to see two headlights coming in our direction as paranoia began to settle in my stomach, before long I was seeing a horror movie scene playing out before me as this was the perfect time to get kidnapped and left for dead considering we were in the middle of nowhere with no working cell phone or even possibly a house or for miles.

I continued to watch the lights come closer and even slow down as I was clutching a heavy duty wrench behind my back as protection for me and Toka, the images of Todd began to play in my mind but trying to think of a more reasonable explanation, no way he could have found me way out in the middle of nowhere, at least not that fast considering I left him with his pants down back in California. By the time that thought had processed the truck had stopped to reveal a tan looking man, he had to be at least in his early twenties as he gently smiled to me Toka had climbed out the window to stand beside me making sure this guy wouldn’t try anything funny.

I looked ot the male as he was still smiling, creepy much? “You having car trouble?” His voice spoke out as the rain began to come down harder. “Yeah, know any hotels around here?”
I called over the rain till I noticed two others were in the backseat, one of them was almost as big as the driver and the other a little smaller but big none the less. The man shook his head looking to me, “The last hotel is back in Forks but you’re welcome to stay with my and my wife since the weather is only going to get worse for the night.”

The male pleaded just in time for a loud clap of thunder to sound through the sky making me almost jump into the truck, which I just noticed, door. Looking to Toka he nodded his head lightly before heading to the car scratching the back driver’s door signaling where our bags were. “Do you mind dogs? He’s an indoor dog and house broken…” The man nodded and gestured it was alright, nodding back I jogged to the car turning it off retrieving my bags along with Toka’s as I went back to the truck slipping inside and whistled to my dog as he hopped right on in.

The truck began to move as the three guys began to speak to one another again as I would listen to them in and out of the conversation. “So where you from? I haven’t seen you around here before… I’m Sam by the way and these two are Jared and Seth…” He pointed to the backseat where the two guys were. “I’m Ai and this is Toka…” Toka barked as he wagged his tail making them laugh. Slowly I could see the younger guy looking at me in the corner of my eyes, it was starting to make me nervous, the drive was a bit longer as Toka rested his head in my lap. Soon we was pulling up to a beautiful two story yellow house as it had a little flower garden in the front yard and a white wrap around porch. Toka and I hopped out of the truck as the other boys did so the one named Jared jogged into the house leaving me with Seth and Sam. “This way…” Sam lightly lead us inside, the loud ruckus of male voices was in the air making a shiver run up and down my spine.

“Emily!” Sam called out as he went off somewhere and Seth went off toward the noises to the right. Toka and I went off in the direction of Sam which led us into a nice little kitchen. Rubbing the back of my neck to find Sam talking to a woman, the look in his eyes to her showed nothing but pure love along with his undivided attention.

I felt a faint throb in my heart as I admired them, it was a look I’ve always longed for since… swiftly shaking my head I refused to remember or even think about that bastard Todd. “Oh! I’m sorry you must be Ai!” the woman had snapped me out of my stupor only to be greeted with a half smiled, the other half her face pulled into a permanent grimace. Softly smiling I averted my eyes to her own not wanting to be rude and stare.

“Yes and this is Toka, how we’re not intruding…” I softly spoke as Emily quickly shook her head, “Oh of course not!” The woman smiled to us even more as Toka took the liberty of sniffing Emily curiously before sitting down in front of her holding up his paw. The woman looked to the dog bewildered as she shook his paw making the dog wag his tail and returned to my side seconds later. “He likes you…” I lightly giggled along with her before my stomach growled, “Oh you’re just in time for dinner!”

“Wonderful…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the first long chapter of my story! If someone would make me a banner that's be really awesome and of course will give that person the credit! Hope you enjoy!