Billie's Lover

Chapter 17

*Clara’s POV*

A couple more weeks went by and it was now almost February. I wasn’t coping with the loss of Anna very well, neither was Billie. We both felt like shit. Billie hadn’t seen Jakob or Joey in almost a year now, and that certainly didn’t help. I was taking a few months off school, but Billie was still recording. The album was almost done. It would probably be finished in March.

I woke up to find Billie staring at the ceiling. I rolled over and rest my head on his chest.

“What are we gunna do?” I asked.

He new what I meant… We we’re both so depressed and miserable; we hadn’t been out of the house, let alone seen anyone in over two weeks. Hannah had called to say that her book was finally published, but that’s pretty much the only social interaction we had had.

He sighed. “I don’t know…”

“We have to get over this,” I said, joining him in staring up at the ceiling.

“I know, but it’s only been about two weeks,” He replied, “its gunna take some time…”

“Are you going into the studio today?” I asked.

“No, not today but all of next week,” He replied, “We’re almost done…”

I rolled over onto my stomach and started to cry. I seemed like that’s all I did now days.

“Oh Clara…” Billie said as he rubbed my back trying to comfort me.

“I just feel like it’s my fault!” I wailed.

See, the baby had had some kind of seizure caused by stress and I felt that the baby’s death was my fault. I felt miserable enough without the side dish of guilt.

“How can you say that? You know it’s not your fault. It’s no ones fault,” He said, “It just… Happened… And you know we can always try again.”

I wiped my eyes and turned onto my side to face Billie. He smiled that cute, little smile of his. I kissed him and curled up against his bare chest. I wish I could just lie here forever, I thought to myself.

* * *

The next month seemed to drag on and on. Day after day of depression... Billie was feeling much better about the whole thing and I had perked up a bit, but still hadn’t managed to quite put the pieces back together.

We had at least seen everyone since the loss. We had had a small get together for Billie’s birthday. It wasn’t anything like last year, but it was still nice to see everyone.

Now, Billie was at the studio and I was just vegging on the couch. I had taken time off school and decided I would go back next term in September.

It was only about 3 when Billie came through the door.

“Hey!” He said smiling.

“Hey, why are you back so early?” I asked.

“We finished!” He said excitedly.

“Oh! That’s so great!” I said getting up to hug him.

He then pulled me into a passionate kiss.

“We’re going over to Mike and Hannah’s tonight to celebrate,” He said holding me, “You up for it?”

“Yeah sure,” I replied, “I should get out of the house.”

It was so cute to see him all giddy like this.

He held my face and pressed his lips against mine. He pushed me up against the wall and put his hands on my lower back, still kissing me.

I managed to get his face off of mine long enough to talk.

“Jeeze, contain yourself,” I said.

He laughed and wrapped his hands around my waist, giving me little pecks on the lips every few seconds.

“I love you. Do I tell you that enough?” He asked.

“Only every night,” I giggled.

He kissed my lips, then my neck, my shoulder, and made his way down to my hand, saying ‘I love you’ between each kiss.

I laughed, “I love you too.”

* * *

When we arrived at Hannah and Mike’s place, Tre and Munson were already there. It was a warm night, so we sat out back and Mike cooked up some burgers on the barbeque.

“I can’t wait to get back on the road again,” Billie said.

“Yeah, it’s been way to long,” Mike said over from the barbeque.

“I never have been away from you though,” Said Billie looking at me, “And now probably isn’t the best time.”

“I’ll manage,” I replied, “And you’re not leaving right away.”

He nodded and smiled.

It was so nice to be with everyone again. I finally felt at peace with myself…

We ate dinner and then Mike stood up, wanting everyone’s attention.

“Well, it’s been 18 months of writing and recording, but we’re finally done. And over those months, despite how busy we’ve been, I’ve managed to fall in love.”

He looked over at Hannah and smiled.

“I love you Hannah and I don’t know how I could ever live with out you. Now I know what you’re thinking… How could this get anymore corny right? Well, it’s about to.”

We all laughed and then Mike took out a piece of paper.

He cleared his throat and began to read…

“Sweet serenity, in you
In your warm embrace
I melt at your touch
Love lights up your face

Laying, wrapped in you
Your velvet caressing kiss
Like soft petals floating
In a warm summer mist

Drowning in your depths
Engulfed, within your tide
Amid your vast sea of love
I drift and swirl inside

Happiness defined by this
The message from your soul
Calling out and reaching me
My existence becomes whole

Always you will be
My breath, my life, my air
A glimpse inside my heart
shows you, forever there”

Hannah, Munson and I were crying at this point. Then Mike got down on one knee…

“Hannah… Will you marry me?”

He opened up a tiny box with a diamond ring inside. Hannah had the biggest smile spread across her face.

“Of course I'll marry you!” She said leaping into his arms.

After that, we stayed and chatted for a while longer, but I think everyone had a bit too much to drink. We headed home at about eleven.

“Wow, I had a great time,” I said walking through the door.

“Me too,” Billie smiled.

“I’ve never seen that romantic side of Mike before,” I said.

“Yeah, sorry my proposal wasn’t as… Dramatic…” He said.

I giggled as we sat down on the couch.

“It was perfect,” I said crawling on top of him.

I closed my eyes as his warm lips pressed against mine. I then took his hand and led him up to the bedroom. He was now on top of me, and I soon felt my shirt being pulled over my head. My pathetic B cup soon followed. I undid his belt and took off his pants as he undid his shirt. He stuck his hand down my pants and teased me with his finger.

“Arrrrg… Doooon’t…” I groaned.

He laughed, but did remove his hand.

* * *

*Billie’s POV*

Afterwards, I was curled up under the covers with Clara’s head resting on my chest.

“So, do you feel better? I mean, about the… Loss?” I asked hesitantly.

She nodded with a smile.

“Good night,” She said kissing me.

“Night,” I replied, “Love you.”

I looked down and saw that she was already asleep.