Billie's Lover

Chapter 18

*Clara’s POV*

Another couple weeks flew by and things were actually looking up. Both Billie and I were truly happy again and Adrienne had agreed to let Billie spend a day with the boys next week! He was so excited, and it was just adorable to see him talk about spending time with them.

This week my mom was flying out from Canada to visit. She didn’t really like Billie all that much, but she tried to be supportive. Where as Munson’s mother hated Tre, and that was that. She wouldn’t even try to get to know him. But my mom was at least making an effort, and she only knew Billie as this punk kid, who looked like he could seriously use a slap in the head.
[Authors note: That’s what my teacher said about Billie, but he has no idea what he’s talking about…]
She hadn’t seen the sweet, gentle, caring, Billie that I knew, and loved.

We were going to pick her up at the airport at 9:00pm, which was about an hour away.

“Billie calm down,” I said as I watched him run around the house, trying to clean. Something he was never very successful with.

“I can’t,” He replied, “Everything has to be perfect!”

“Relax; it’s just my mother…” I said with a chuckle.

He sighed, “I just wanna make a good impression.”

“What are you talking about? She already met you.” I said.

“But I could tell she didn’t like the idea of me marrying you,” He replied quietly, “She didn’t like the idea of me altogether.”

“What are you talking about? She likes you!” I said.

I didn’t know weather I was trying to convince him, or myself.

He gave me a look that said, ‘Yea right’.

I let out a sigh as he walked over to me. His powerful arms soon surrounded my slender, delicate body.

“I love you,” He said as he gently pecked my nose.

“I love you too,” I replied as I gazed up at him with a smile.

We just stood like that, wrapped up in each other…

“Let’s go!” He said, pulling away from me and completely ruining the romantic moment.

I looked at him, still smiling, with my hands on my hips. I shook my head as I tried to figure out what went
on in his head.

He shot me a cheeky smile as he grabbed his coat and headed out to the car.

I did the same.

When we arrived at the airport we waited out in the parking lot. I saw my mother emerge from the terminal,
I waved and she headed towards the car.

Billie sighed. I smiled and rubbed his shoulder.

“Just relax,” I said trying to comfort him.

“Hey hun! I missed you!” Said my mom as she hugged me.

“Hey, missed you too,” I replied.

“And Billie!” She said now hugging him.

He smiled, “How’ve you been Trish?”

“Pretty good,” She replied, “I have a bit of jet lag at the moment but I’m alright.”

“Well lets head home,” I said, “We can catch up later.”

When we got home we sat in the living room and chatted for a while. Then mom headed off to bed. We
weren’t far behind.

I climbed under the covers and shut my eyes. Billie got into bed beside me and I felt him slowly crawl on
top of me and begin to kiss my neck.

“Oh babe, not tonight,” I said closing my eyes tighter.

He ignored this comment and continued to kiss me.

“My mom’s in the next room,” I said moving out from under him.

“She’s so tired from jet lag she won’t hear a thing,” He replied.

I sighed.

“Come on, I’ll make it worth your while…” He said with a grin.

He moved his eyebrows up and down and I giggled at how cute he was.

“You always manage to convince me…” I said with a smile and another sigh.

He laughed and kissed me again.

* * *

The next morning I got up at around 9-ish. Billie was still asleep when I headed down stairs.

I made up some coffee and had some cereal before my mother joined me.

“Morning, sleep well?” I asked.

“More or less,” She replied.

“Is Billie up yet?” The droopy eyed woman asked.

“No…” I replied.

“Hm,” She grunted with disapproval.

“Look mom,” I began, “I know you don’t really like Billie all that much, but I love him. He really is a
nice guy, you just don’t know him.”

“Well, I didn’t have any time to get to know him,” She replied, “You got married so fast.”

“Mom!” I said crossly.

But then Billie appeared at the top of the stair case.

I sighed, gave Billie a peck on the cheek, and walked off to the bath room to take my shower.

The whole day we just kinda hung around. Mom was only here for two days but we were going to go out
tomorrow.

We were all sitting around chatting, and Billie got up and headed for the back door.

”Where you going?” Mom asked.

“Smoke…” He replied quickly.

“He smokes?!” Questioned my mother as soon as Billie was outside.

“Yes…” I said softly.

She sighed.

“Well, what I’ve heard so far certainly hasn’t impressed me…” She said.

“But he hasn’t told you anything about himself yet!” I shrieked, “How can you just judge someone like that?!”

“I just don’t see him being the right guy for you, hun.” She said calmly.

When Billie came back in we both stopped immediately and stared at him.

He had a puzzled look on his face.

“So,” Said mom, breaking the silence, “Tell me about yourself, Billie.”

She looked at me as she said this.

“Well, what do you want to know?” He asked.

“Everything,” She replied.

So, we spent the rest of the day talking about Billie’s life. But it was a tad awkward… My mom asked all the
questions and Billie just sat there answering them. He was cool about it though. He cracked a few jokes
and really seemed to be at ease with the whole situation, even though the day before he had been
panicking. I was glad my mom could finally get to know Billie.

The next day, mom and I went to a couple of shops and just walked around. It was nice having one on one
time with her. Then it was time for her to leave again. I wasn’t sure of her opinion on Billie anymore, but I
like to think it changed. We drove her to the airport, said our goodbyes, and she was off…

“So do you think she approves of this situation now?” He asked when we got home and plopped down on the couch.

“I think so, yea,” I replied.

He ran his hand up and down my thigh. I giggled and climbed onto his lap, still facing him. I pushed him
backward so that I was now lying on top of him. We made out for a bit and then I pulled away.

“What?” He questioned.

“Tell me something…” I said.

“What do you mean?” He asked, looking puzzled.

“Tell me something about you that I don’t already know.” I said kissing him lightly on the lips.

“Um… Did you know that I sleep walk?” He asked, “’Cause when we were kids, Mike said that I used to sleep
walk.”

“I know that you talk in your sleep, but I’ve never seen you walk.” I responded.

“Well then there you go…” He said smiling, “So what about you? What don’t I know?”

“Let me think…” I said looking up, “Uh… I don’t know… Nothing really…”

“Come on, there must be something…” He said.

“Oh…” I laughed, “Here’s a good one. That one time when we all went out and got really drunk, to help
you get over Adrienne, me and Mike… We slept together…”

I giggled but he obviously didn’t think it was all that funny.

“What?!” He said angrily, sitting up and pushing my light body off of his.

“Billie’s it’s not a big deal,” I said, “We were totally drunk…”

“How come I didn’t know about this?” He asked still heated.

“I- I don’t know… I just never told you…” I stuttered.

He got up and stormed into the kitchen.

“Billie! You’re totally over reacting!” I screamed, “It’s not a big deal!”

“How could you not tell me?!” He bellowed.

“I just didn’t! We didn’t tell anybody!” I replied, still shrieking, “It’s not like we were together anyway!”

”I still would have appreciated you telling me!” He yelled.

He rarely ever yelled but it terrified me when he did.

“It was just a stupid mistake! Why are you making this out to be such a problem?!” I asked, feeling tears
treating to escape.

“Just leave me alone!” He said as he stomped up stairs to our bedroom.

“Billie!” I hollered as I ran after him.

“Clara, I swear to god…” He said glaring at me, “Leave me alone!”

“But Billie!” I bawled.

I then saw his strong, authoritative hand swing towards my face. It made contact, and there was an alarming, smack on the side of my cheek. I looked up at him, holding the side of my face, to see his deep, green eyes bulging out of his head. Both of his hands were covering his open mouth. Neither of us could speak.