Billie's Lover

Chapter 20

*Billie’s POV*

Today I was going to see Joey and Jakob. I was picking them up at 1:00 and planning to take them down to the park. I was so excited; I hadn’t seen them in almost a year.
It was 12:45 now, and I couldn’t wait. I only had them until 3:00 so I wanted to make the most of this visits.

“I’m leaving now!” I shouted to Clara as I headed out the door.

“Have fun!” She replied.

I hopped into my black BMW and started the engine.

Two hours isn’t going to make up for a year of not seeing my boys, I thought to myself as I drove down to my old house. But I guess I should be grateful that Adrienne was letting me see them at all…

As the huge house came into view, a smile spread across my face. I got out of the car and walked up to the front door. Before I had a chance to ring the bell, Jakob burst through the door and leapt into my arms. Joey soon followed.

“Daaaad!” Jakob shouted happily.

Adrienne appeared in the door way.

”I’ll have them back by three,” I said as I stood up and let Jakob out of my arms.

She nodded and we headed down to the car.

On the way there, they told me about everything… School, how their pet fish Speedy was doing and how much they missed me, which was really nice to hear. They also said how their mom had started dating again, but hadn't been very successful.

When we arrived, I got out a football from the trunk and we began to walk over to the grassy park.

We threw the ball around for a while and before I knew it, it was quarter to three.

"Oh crap guys, we gatta go." I said glancing at the clock on my cell phone.

"Awww, just one more throw?" Joey pleaded.

"Alright," I said with a smile.

I chucked the ball to Jakob and he and Joey passed it back and forth trying to keep it away from me. Jakob received the ball again and I grabbed his waist, pulling him close to me and flopping down on the grass. Joey ran over and joined us on the grass. We were all laughing as Jakob and I tickled Joey. He was thirteen now, but hardly saw me so was still very affectionate.

As we walked over to the car, Jakob stopped and looked up at me.

"Dad," He began, "Are you and mom gunna get back together?"

"Oh, I don't think so buddy," I replied, "I'm married to Clara now, remember?"

"But I want you to come back home." He said as I bent down to his height.

"I know it's hard for you guys. It's hard for me too, to not see you." I replied trying to be strong, "But your mom doesn't let me."

"Why?" He questioned.

"Well, she got custody and just doesn't want me to see you..." I said not knowing the actual reason she kept them from me.

"And isn't it easier without all the yelling Jake?" Joey asked, trying to help his little brother feel better.

"I guess…" He mumbled.

I spun around motioning for Jakob to climb on my back. He did and then we walked back to the car.

I pulled into the driveway and walked them up to the front door.

Adrienne opened it and I hugged Joey first.

"I'll see you guys as soon as I can." I said releasing him.

Jakob wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you," He said as he continued to hug me.

"Love you too buddy," I replied as he let go of me.

I turned around and waved goodbye as I got in the car.

As drove back home I thought about how much they had grown since I last saw him. I still thought of them as little kids. It was hard to think about not being there for everything they had to go through, to not be their for them, to not take part in raising them. I loved seeing them but it was hard on me. I got to spend time with them but then miss that for the next year…

* * *

*Clara’s POV*

It was now May 5th. The guys had decided to start touring in September and would be back in December to take a break. Then they may go back again in March up until September, depending on how well the album does.

Hannah and Mike had decided to get married after all the touring.

Recently, we had lost touch with Connor. He was quite a few years younger than us and really wanted to pursue his dream of being a drummer. The thought of being in a full time band was always in the back of my mind, but to be a teacher was really my goal. Munson was an architect and was always very busy with that. The whole band idea was just kind of for fun, but not for Connor. So sadly, he had moved on.

For Mike’s birthday, he didn’t really want to make a big thing out of it, so everyone just went out for dinner together.

Today, nothing really happened. I was going back to school, for three more months, in September and Billie didn't really have much to do lately.

It was now ten o'clock and very hot out. I was just heading up to bed and Billie had already gone up there.

I walked through the bedroom door to find him lying on the bed naked with his eyes shut.

"Yah know, if you want sex, that's not the way to go about getting' it," I snickered.

"I'm so hot…" He groaned.

"Oh, I wasn't questioning that," I said smiling, "Besides, I don't mind…"

He laughed as I crawled on top of him.

"Hey, um…" Billie began, "I was wondering if you were ready to yah know… Try and have another baby."

"Oh Billie… I don't think so." I said getting off of him, "I just can't handle it right now. And you're going on tour soon."

"Yeah…" He said getting under the covers, "Well, I don't want to push you. So... I'm ready when you are."

"A-alright…" I stuttered.

There was silence.

"Clara, I don't want you to feel pressure, okay?" He said turning to face me.

"Okay," I sighed.

"Really, it's fine. I can wait." He said smiling.

I smiled back and kissed him.

"I love you," I said.

"Love you too," He replied.

I flicked off the light and we fell asleep.