Billie's Lover

Chapter 4

*Billie's POV*

I'd been staying with Mike for about a week now. It was nice living with him, it was like we were roomies again. Adrienne and I hadn't decided anything about anything and my "feelings" for Clara had done nothing but get stronger.

I woke up around 10 and it was now 1. I had so much on my mind lately and this was the time I took to orginize my thoughts. I decided I'd better head down stairs. I found Mike sitting at the table finishing off his lunch.

"Hey" I said.

"Hey" He replied, "I was wondering when you were getting up"

"Hm.." I grunted.

"So are you going to ask Clara out or am I going to have to keep harrassing you?" He asked quite casually.

"Just drop it" I replied, "It's not happening"

"Come on!" He whined, "I dare you!"

"What are we here?" I asked, "Eleven?"

He laughed and said "Wasn't it you who said 'it's better to regret something you did rather than something you didn't do'?"

"Urg" I groaned, "If it'll shut you up I'll do it! But only because I know she'll say no"

He handed me the phone and smiled, looking quite pleased with himself.

My hands were shakeing as I dialed her number. It rang once as I prayed she wasn't going to pick up. It rang again and I heard her sweet voice say,

"Hello?"

I couldn't speak. I opened my mouth but no sound came out. I started to panic.

"Hello?" She said again.

"HI! Clara..." I managed to blurt out.

"Hi..." She said sounding a bit confused, "Is this Billie?"

"Y-yes, and I was wondering... If tomorrow you wanted to... Go out to dinner... W- with me..." I said just wanting to get it over with.

"Like a date?" She asked.

"Uh- uh huh" I stutterd.

My heart was beating so fast I couldn't hear my self speak. I clutched the phone with my sweaty hands as I bit my lower lip and shut my eyes as tight as I could. My head started to throb as I waited for her resonse.

"Sure Billie! I'd love to!" She replied with, what seemed like, delight!

"Okay..." I said, "I can pick you up at seven."

"Alright, see yah then" She replied.

"Bye" I said and hung up the phone.

I looked up at Mike. He smiled and said, "Told yah!" I just smiled back. I couldn't believe what had just happened to me.

*Clara's POV*

I hung up the phone and flopped down on to the couch with a huge smile spread across my face. I couldn't tell you how long I had liked Billie. Probably since I first met him a couple years ago. I couldn't believe it, I was going on a date with Billie Joe Armstrong! I ran upstairs to tell Hannah about what had happened.

* * *

It was 7:04 and I was shakeing as I waited for Billie to come and pick me up. The doorbell rang. I took a deep breath in and let it out as I opened the door. I saw Billie standing there, so red, it look as though he might irupt at any moment.

"You ready?" He asked

"Uh huh..." I replied.

As we pulled out of the drive way Billie said, "I hope Montries is okay with you."

"Oh yeah" I replied with a smile, "That's fine."

He smiled back. I loved his smile...

We drove in silence the rest of the way. It was so akward going out with him. We had only ever been friends. I had always liked him but he had been married. I didn't know what to say, this was all so sudden.
I defininely didn't want to bring up his divorce like I would if we were friends but I really couldn't think of anything else.

"So how are you and Adie?" I said.

Urg! Shit! That made it sound like they were still together!

"Ummm, I don't know" He said sounding very akward, "Haven't agreed to anything..."

"Oh..." I replied.

When we got to Montries it was just as akward. We orderd our food and talk about things like politics and computers. Nothing we would talk about as friends. The drive home was completely silent. Then he walked me to my front door and said,

"I know this was weird, but I'd really like to try it again."

"Yeah" I replied, "Definitely"

I fiddled with my keys for a moment then quickly kissed his cheek. He smiled as he turned bright red. I opened the front door and turned around.

"Bye" I said with a smile.

"Bye" He smiled back.