Billie's Lover

Chapter 8

*Clara's POV*

I was looking through my suitcase to try and find my robe, when Billie rushed through the front door and went straight into the bathroom.

After a few minutes I asked...

"Billie, is everything okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine," He replied bitterly, "I'm taking a shower."

It was only about 11:00 so I made up some coffee and then Billie emerged bathroom.

"So..." I said, "What happened out there?"

"The bitch got custody," He replied.

"What?!" I said in a shill voice.

"She got custody," He repeated, "And she's never going to let me see them."

"Oh Billie," I said, "I'm so sorry... But we'll get through it, it'll be okay."

He sighed and picked up an empty coffee mug.

There was a long akward silence...

"FUCK THIS SHIT!!!!" He yelled, and smashed the cup to the ground.

He then stormed out of the house.

I couldn't move. I had never heard him yell like that...

*Billie's POV*

I slammed the car door and just drove, and drove, and drove, until my eyes felt like they would fall out of my skull at any moment. I finaly pulled over when it was about four o'clock. I felt as though my bones were about to shatter. My stomach was doing flips and I had a huge lump in my throat. I put my face into my hands as tears began to stream down my cheeks.

*Clara's POV*

I had managed to unpack some of my clothes but I was so worried. It was about 6:30 when I finaly heard the car pull into the drive way. Billie walked through the door and over to the kitchen counter where I was standing.

"Hi..." He said quietly.

"Hi," I replied.

"Clara, I am so sorry for acting the way I did..." He said as he held my hands.

"It's okay..." I replied, "I understand."

"No, it's not okay. I shouldn't have done that," He said looking down at his feet, "But... When my father died, it was really hard on me. And now I feel I'm going to put my boys through the same thing because... They've lost their dad. I should've just told you that instead of handling it the way I did. I'm so sorry..."

"Billie it's fine," I replied, "But you can't seriously be blaming yourself for this."

He just sighed and looked back down at the floor.

I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed him as tightly as I could.