Billie's Lover

Chapter 9

*Clara’s POV*

Almost three months had gone by and it was now Christmas Eve. Hannah had moved in with Mike, and Munson and Tre had decided to get married on June 16th. Billie had been pretty miserable lately without his boys, but he was slowly beginning to adjust.

It was about 10:00pm and Billie and I were just sitting on the couch chatting.

“So we’re all going to Mike and Hannah’s for dinner tomorrow right?” I asked Billie.

“That’s the plan,” He replied.

I yawned and cuddled up to him.

“Shall we pack it in early?” Billie asked.

“You read my mind,” I replied with another yawn.

* * *

*Billie’s POV*

The next morning I slept in until nine. I decided to make Clara breakfast in bed so I quietly crept down stairs. I made one of the only meals I knew how to make, poached eggs. I walked back up stairs and gently shook her to get her to wake up.

“Clara,” I whispered, “Clara…”

“Hmmm” She groaned.

“I made you breakfast,” I said.

She opened her eyes and a smile spread across her face as she sat up.

“Wow looks great, thanks,” She said as she kissed my cheek, “Merry Christmas.”

“Oh yeah, merry Christmas,” I replied with a smile.

After breakfast we headed down stairs and opened up all our presents.

*Clara’s POV*

“Wow, I certainly got spoiled this year,” I said with a laugh.

“Well, I have one more, small gift for you,” Billie said as he got up and went into the closet.

He came out with a tiny, velvet box wrapped in a bow.

“Here yah go,” He said as he handed me the box.

I just looked at him, wide eyed. I knew what it was.
I slowly undid the bow. My hands were shaking but I managed to open it to find a diamond ring inside.

“Will you merry me?” He asked with a huge grin on his face.

"Oh Billie..." I said, "Oh course I will!"

I kissed him, but not very well because I couldn't stop smiling.

I hadn't seen him this happy in a long time...

* * *

*Billie's POV*

Over at Mike and Hannah's place, when we had finished dinner, I stood up and cleared my throat.

"Okay..." I said grinning, "I have an announcement... Clara and I... Are engaged!"

"Oh my god!" Munson said as she got up and hugged Clara.

"Congratulations!" Said Hannah as she did the same.

"So..." Said Mike, "Cool guy hand shake or lame-o hug?"

I laughed and gave him the "lame-o hug".

Then everyone hugged everyone and we sat back down.

* * *

We discussed some details with everyone and thought about having it after Munson and Tre's wedding. Maybe sometime in August, but we didn't finalize anything. Then we headed home at about 9:00pm. We went straight to bed, but didn't sleep...