Status: An Experimental Story - Incomplete

Love Triangle? No, It's More of a Line...

Padlocked Box

Ellie had gone home late that day. She and the others had gone to the small restaurant Rennie's, or maybe it was more of a dinner...well which ever it was they'd spent a good amount of time there. They'd gone over what they were going to do for the Sadie's Hawkins dance even though none of them, except Hanna, had a date yet. Josh said he was going to be especially picky this year to who he said yes to and Brock said if he went he went, if not no big deal. Kelly had been like she always was, more interested in her hair and nails than getting a boyfriend or asking someone to the dance. Ellie, well she wasnt sure if she was going to go. She pushed the door to her house open to find her mother standing int he kitchen.

She turned around and looked at her smiling brightly, "Oh, you're home late honey."

"Yeah, me and my friends were at Rennie's." She said hanging her bag on the hooks by the door where a couple jackets and hats hung as well, "We were discussing the dance coming up."

Her mother nodded knowingly as she kissed her cheek, "Are you going to go this year? You didnt go last year..."

Ellie shrugged, "I dont know... There's not really anyone decent I guess."

Her mother chuckled lightly, "What about that boy from up the street? I was talking to his mother today, apparently she works after my shift at the furniture store, and she seemed like a decent woman. She probably raises her kids that way..."

"Who?" Ellie asked as she grabbed a glass of water.

"Hmm... I think she said his name was Finch? No, wait that was his friend..." Her mother stopped peeling the cucumbers and stood there for a moment staring at the ceiling, "Oh bother... now I cant remember it. I'll tell you when I remember it."

Ellie put the glass away when she emptied it, "Alright, I'll be upstairs doing homework. Is dad home yet?"

She shook her head, "No, but he should get her before supper is ready."

"Alright." Ellie said quickly as she disappeared upstairs.

Her room was quiet neat and tidy really. Things like pants and shirts hung in her closet neatly while the other small things were folded neat and tucked away into a small, dark red wood dresser by her window. The only thing that varied from other girls' rooms was that she had it painted a dark army green with a navy blue finish to the window sill and bottom of the walls. She had it decorated with posters of bands (no, not boy bands. More along the line of hard Rock and Roll and dubstep DJs), and the furniture and other decor was along the lines of semi-dark or goth like design. It wasnt really what you'd think a popular girl's room would look like.

She pulled her hair out of the pony tail and shook it, running her hand though it briefly to loosen it, and then she changed to a loose t-shirt and booty shorts and then opened the window to let the cool day air in. She looked down to the road and saw those two again. They were walking calmly, but they kept looking over their shoulders as if afraid they were being followed. She smiled and found her self giggling a little as she watched the pale kid say something and then the skater boy shoved him forward looking like he was about to hit him with his skateboard. They were funny...she liked them.
...
Finch and Tristan had decided to go into Finch's parents' room and climb out the window into the backyard and scale over the wall. They had actually walked through about three houses' backyards before they felt they were far enough away to get back onto the street. They had climbed over a wall and then headed off to Tristan's house. They would glance back over their shoulders just to make sure Diana didnt randomly pop up behind them.

"Finally..." Tristan sighed putting his hat back on his head.

"Gave yo girlfriend the slip did ya?" Finch grinned speaking with a 30's gangster accent.

Tristan shoved Finch, "Ima kill you dude! That's not even funny!"

Finch laughed, a lot, "You couldnt kill me man... then you'd have to deal with "Stalkzilla" on your own. You'd be dead in a week, maximum."

Tristan opened his mouth to say something, closed it, did that cycle about three times, and then he just closed his mouth and didnt say anything.

"Exactly." Finch said grinning, feeling good that he was right. Again.

Tristan rolled his eyes and caught a glimpse of Ellie sitting in her window. She was working on something it looked like and she had her ear buds in as she seemed to tap her pencil to a beat. He smiled a little dreamily thinking how cute she looked in her t-shirt and shorts and the way she had her hair pulled up loosely into a clip.

"Yo...hey!" Finch jumped up into his veiw and made a sound like a radio did, "Ksh...Earth to Tristan, Earth to Tristan! We're about to crash land on cloud 9 someone get a medical team, this sucker's comin down hard..."

Tristan looked at him, "Why are you such a dork?"

"YOU'RE the dork. You're in love with the "forbidden fruit" and cant even talk to her." Finch said shrugging and walking again, "Let's hurry up already anyways. If you stare at her any longer you're gonna be lookin like a stalker yourself. Besides, if we're late to the bus Sargent'll kill us and make us walk all the way to the training sight."

"How could I look like a stalker?" Tristan asked as they kept walking coming in sight of his house, "Its not like I follow her around the school or try every waking minute to get her to go out with me."

Finch waved his hands at him laughing, "That's why you'll never be stalker type dude. You cant even talked to her without tripping over yourself."

Tristan turned red as they walked into his house, "Its not that I cant talk to her! Its just..."

Finch let his head fall back as he walked in front of him so he could see him, "It's just what?" He was grinning like someone who'd just won the lottery.

"Oh never mind." Tristan said as he jabbed his finger on the side Finch's head, "If I say anything you'll end up twisting it to fit your sick little head."

Finch ducked away and pushed Tristan's hand away, "Oh blah... you people just dont understand my way of seeing things."

Tristan rolled his eyes and pushed his door open.

"Where's your sister?" Finch asked flopping down on Tristan's bed knowing how much it bugged him.

Tristan looked at Finch with a flat expression, "Will you get off there? You know I hate it when other people do stuff on my bed."

Finch waved him off and made a stupid looking face, "Psh, I know. I'm your best friend man, its my job to know."

Tristan just gave him a flat expression, "Then get off."

"Oh you and your hang ups." Finch laid back on his bed just for the heck of it, "Just get your stuff together and I'll get off."

Tristan threw his hands in the air and muttered something to himself then got his stuff together.
...
Diana had waited quite a while for Tristan to come out. She knew this wasnt his house because she lived closer to the school than he did and they hadnt passed her house yet. She'd gone up multiple times to bang on the door, and the first time was met with Tristan's voice saying, "GO AWAY! I dont want to go out with you!". The second time though no one had said anything and when she'd put her ear up against the door she didnt hear anything but a dog barking at the door. She waited a little longer but when neither of them showed up she got the thought they'd left some other way. Diana had walked back to her house unhappy that Tristan had yet again gotten away from her; though she did make a note that that other guy, whatever his name, was on his kill list. Him and Ellie were definitely her only walls before she could get to Tristan...

"If they go..." She smiled a little sinister to herself as she walked in the house, "...Tristan and me will be together, forever~."

Her parents werent home. Of course not. Rarely anybodies parents were home this early. Despite the town's size, it was a working town in a way and when you got a job, you got a job. That was why no one who was still in school got a part time job because there were none. So basically after school the students were home by themselves till about 10 or 11 at night. It was nice at first, but then the boring thoughts of nobody around would affect you.

Diana threw her bag on her bed and then turned on her music real loud like she always did. Her room wasnt painted, just the regular cream color the house had come as, but there were posters all over the place. For the most part, it was a tidy little room. Her clothes in the closest, shoes in the corner, but what was unusual was the little box that sat under her desk in the farther side of the room. It was closed and a padlock kept prying or curious eyes from seeing what was inside because what was inside was meant for Diana and Diana only.

After she showered, got something to eat, and changed, she put her food down on her desk and then pulled the box out. She flopped down on her bed with it and pulled the small gold chain from around her neck. A tiny little key hung on the end of it and after she popped the lock open she put it back under her shirt. She smiled, all giddy and happy as she opened it. She took out a hat that was most certainly not for a girl in style or size, and then she pulled out a small picture and fell back on the bed holding it close to her and smiling like a psycho.

A box padlocked, and its content for Diana and Diana only...
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay :3 sorry it took so long
to post up this chapter xp
but i got side tracked because
the convention ran into saturday
haha XD it was just amazing...lol

Anyway, the last sentence in
italics, its just a little experimental
thing im trying out for now. It may
disappear later if i dont like it :p
Anyway hope you enjoy and are curious
about how far Diana's stalking goes ;D

Love you guys <3 x) :D