1 in 100,000

2 ~Juliet~

"Alright..." The doctor looked down at his clipboard. "Juliet." he said once he found her name. He patted the table, motioning for her to sit (she didn't)."What seems to be the problem?" Juliet didn't say anything, so her mother started telling him all the symptoms she'd had for the last week or so.

Her doctor - Dr. Cohen - nodded and wrote something down on his clipboard before looking up and smiling at Juliet. "Ok. It sounds like the flu, but we want to be sure. We're just gonna do a swab test - nothing to horrible." he said noticing her eyes getting wide at the words 'swab test'.

"Believe me, it's basically nothing." He said patting her on the shoulder reassuringly before leaving the room. The only good thing about going to the doctor was that she had the nicest doctor in the world. Dr. Cohen was in his late twenties, and could've easily been a movie star with his sleek black hair and soft blue eyes. But he was in the right place, being a pediatrician. Jamie used to fake sick just so she could go and see him.

A nurse came in, interrupting her thoughts. She smiled down at Juliet, but it looked more forced than Dr. Cohen, and a lot less friendly. She explained how she was going to do the test - simply swabbing the inside of her nose. Yeah, not so simple. To Juliet it felt like she was playing hockey with her brain. When the nurse left she was still scrunching her nose up in different ways, trying to get rid of the feeling. Her mom started laughing at her faces, so she stopped.

They were left alone for a couple of minutes in the small room. Her mom was reading a magazine, and her sister was playing with a glove she'd gotten from one of the jars holding different things (cotton balls, tongue depressors, ect.). Like Juliet, Jamie was ADHD. Juliet smiled and pulled out her phone and pulled up Twitter.

She'd always liked Twitter better than MySpace, and she didn't even bother to get a Facebook. As usual, she didn't have any notifications but had a whole page of random things her friends had posted or inspirational things from famous people that had five hundred retweets. She tapped the button up top and posted a tweet of her own.

@Juliet_Andrews- I hate going to the doctor! (/ - )

She sent the tweet just as Dr. Cohen walked in, and he didn't look too happy. "Well, your flu test came back negative. So that's good. But that still doesn't explain the fever, or any other symptoms." He paused for a minute before continuing. "Did you eat breakfast this morning?" She shook her head, and he tapped his pen on his clipboard a couple of times, biting his lip. He sat his papers down on the sink.

"Do you have a shirt up under your hoddie?" She nodded. "Alright I'm gonna get you to take the hoodie off then. Can I get you to lie down on the table over here?" Juliet gulped, but did what he said and took off her hoodie, leaving her in a black 30 Seconds to Mars shirt her brother had gotten her for Christmas. She hopped up on the table and swung her legs up so she was facing the ceiling.

Dr. Cohen walked over to her and started pressing on her belly, making her involuntarily giggle. Jamie noticed and came to stand beside him. "Why are you doing that?" she asked, seeming completely interested. He smiled down at her before telling Juliet that she could sit up. "Well I'm checking if her spleen is swollen. Just to narrow it down." he said, looking down at his clipboard and writing something. He looked up and opened his mouth to say something, but then his eyes fell on her arm. "What happened to your elbow?" He asked taking a step forward to get a closer look. Juliet looked down at her elbow, not quite understanding what he was talking about.

About the spot she had hit that morning was an awful bruise - one that should have been extremely small if not nonexistent. But she just shrugged it off. "I hit my arm on the door this morning." she rubbed her elbow, remembering the hurt from earlier. "I guess I hit it harder than I thought."

He nodded, but still looked worried. "Ok. Well, we're gonna do a blood test to eliminate a couple of things." He smiled at Juliet (Who's face had went to 'this sucks, get me out of here' to 'I’m seriously about to jump out of that window if we don't leave RIGHT NOW' at the words blood test) before walking out the door yet again.

Juliet gulped as Jamie grabbed her arm. "Geez, Juliet." She said, looking at her bruise. "What did you do, slam your arm in the door?" She gave Jamie a mean stare before wrapping her arms around her already cold body and looking at her shoes that should've been thrown out a year ago.

She heard Jamie giggle slightly before jumping up on the examination table beside her sister. "Jamie." Her mom started, warning her not to mess with her sister. "It's fine mom." Juliet said when she saw her little sisters face drop. To be honest, she really didn't mind her little sister like most teenage girls do. They would argue occasionally, but they always made up fast and then forget about it. They were as close as two sisters could get, and Juliet was glad.

They heard someone walk past the door and stop, making Juliet's breath catch in her throat. Jamie noticed and wrapped her arm Juliet's waist. "Awe, Jules. It's gonna be ok." She said in a voice that was making fun of her. "All they're gonna do is take a small prick thing and-" She made a fist with one hand "stabbing" her finger, trying to freak her sister out.

"Jamie Grace Andrews." Their mom warned, not even glancing up from her magazine. Jamie giggled again, and Juliet wrapped her arm around her shoulder. "You have a lot of nerve for a girl that sleeps with a nightlight." she said with a laugh, earning her a glare from her little sister, which turned into a laugh pretty soon after.

They were still laughing when the nurse came in, but not too long after. "Alright sweetheart." The pretty redheaded nurse said with a thick accent. "It really doesn't hurt that bad. I promise." Apparently she could tell how nervous Juliet was, and the nurses words would have calmed her down slightly. Most of the time, anyways.

There was nothing Juliet hated more than getting her blood taken. It made her nauseous, and once she even passed out. Even as she thought about it, her breath was getting shallower and shakier. Her sister noticed and wrapped her in a hug, which was comforting, unlike her words.

"Yo, sis. Calm your tits." Only Jamie Juliet thought, and she almost smiled. Almost.