Status: I hope you enjoy the first chapter of Highschool Heartbreak! please leave your thoughts below:)

High school Heartbreak

Chapter 2: Green Eyes

I went home that night in a daze. The Nick Keller that gave me my book and the Nick Keller I accidentally spilled pop over were two different people. Aggravated I shut off my lap and drifted to sleep.

I woke up the next morning my mind still in a blur; the red letter on the clock read 5:45, I usually didn't get up until 6 but I couldn't lay in bed anymore so I got up and started getting ready. I showered and dried my black hair, which was already naturally straight so I thought I'd try something different and curl it. I only burnt myself 5 times! I didn't usually wear makeup but for some reason I just felt like I needed to impress today, maybe it was because of the Nick situation, but I just ignored that. I put some eye shadow on and carefully lined my eyes with liquid eyeliner and put on some lip gloss. I looked in the mirror and had to admit that I didn't look half bad. I didn't look as good as the other girls, but it was all I was going to get. I put on my school uniform, just another day, I sighed.

Traffic wasn't that bad so I made it to the school early , and the parking lot was mostly empty. I got out of my car and started walking toward the main building. I passed one car that I could recognize anywhere, Nick's red truck sat three spaces away from my car. "Oh god...calm down Janie...don't trip or anything," I thought to myself as I slowly walked past the car. Right as I passed the back seat door swung open suddenly causing me to jump. I looked to see to my dismay the schools most popular girl, Ashley Smithers, climbing out of his car buttoning up her shirt. Gross, I thought, she was supposed to be dating Nate Woods, but of course she was the hottest girl in the school so she got around.

"What are you looking at?" She said in a snobbish voice as she walked past me
"N-nothing." I stuttered as she continued until she reached the main doors and entered the building.
I heard someone else climbing out of the car and turned around to meet the eyes of none other than Nick Kelly. Embarrassed I turned around and started stalking towards the school.
"Wait!" he called from behind me but I pretended not to hear, he suddenly grabbed my arm and turned me to face him, "what you saw me and Ashley we didn't-" I didn't let him finish, knowing that he was one of Nate's friends disgusted me.
"Save it. I won't tell anyone," I said fiercely as I looked into his eyes and turned to walk away but before I made it too far I called back, "you might want to fix your buttons and your belt though."

I walked though the empty halls to my locker and sat down on the floor pulling out my journal and started doodling. I was so deep in thought that I didn't even notice that there was someone standing next to me.
"Janie right?" he asked. Dear lord please give me a break, I thought as I stood up, but he was at my side again, "what's it going to take for you to keep quiet? A date? A kiss?" I stopped dead in my tracks and looked up at him.
"Look, I won't tell anyone that you're hooking up with you're friends girlfriend. People like you disgust me, because you're attractive you think that girls will do what you say if you offer them a date? No thanks. You found my journal so let's just say we're even." I sneered as I walked off purposely hitting him with my shoulder.

I was the first one in homeroom and took my seat and slowly the classroom started to fill.
"Janie!" Monica called as she walked in, "I couldn't find you so I just gave your drink to Eric sorry!" she said apologetically. "Oh my god Janie! You're wearing makeup!" She exclaimed.
"I know....is it weird?" I was afraid that everyone would laugh at my appearance now.
"Guuuuurrrrl! You look hot! Like muy caliente mami! You're eyes look like a cats!" She was staring at me like I was an alien.
"Ummm.....thanks? I guess," she took her seat next to me and I continued, "Moni you will not believe what happened to me this morning!" I filled her in on the Nick situation and she was speechless.
"That asshole!" she exclaimed, "how dare he do that to you!" she nearly shouted.
Just then Eric walked in holding what was supposed to be my drink. "Who's messing with my girl?! Do I have to kick someones ass????" He sat down on the edge of my desk. He tilted the drink towards me offering me some but I just pushed it away.
"First off I'm NOT your girl," I said with venom in my voice emphasizing the word "not", "and secondly, there will be no ass kicking done at all."
"Baby, baby," he started to say and I looked up at him and he was speechless.
"What?" I said getting aggravated.
"You look-" he tried to say but couldn't finish.
"Hot." Monica finished for him.
The room started to fill and Eric was forced to sit in his own seat, I started drawing in my journal again until the bell rang and I forced to start going to the rest of my classes.

6th hour passing period came around and I stood at my locker waiting for Monica to meet me there. People walked past me staring, mostly boys and I didn't know why, some girls walked by with smirks on their faces as well. Monica reached my locker after what seemed like forever, "Care to tell me why I'm the new freak show of the school?" I questioned angrily.
"Janie you haven't heard?" She said surprised.
"Heard what?" I was getting really pissed now.
"You're new look is causing the boys to notice you," she laughed but I was still scowling, "they've been calling you green eyes all day!" I just rolled my eyes I couldn't believe that just a little makeup could make the boys go crazy.
"Janie will you do me a favor and give this to James?" she said as she grabbed something out of her book bag and handed me a soccer jersey, "he left this at my house last night and I can't make it to his practice later I have a dentist appointment." I stuffed the jersey into my bag and the warning bell went off.
"Okay want to come over tomorrow for dinner? Mom's leaving tomorrow morning for a business meeting in Detroit." I asked as we walked towards the west wing for our last class.

Me and Monica didn't sit next to each other in Mr. Johnson's class for AP Psychology so I spent the whole hour looking out of the window until the bell went off signaling our freedom.
I walked towards the soccer fields where they had just started warm-ups, I soon found James and handed him his jersey. I walked back towards the direction of the parking lot but then Eric called to me, "Janie baby! Are you just going to leave without saying goodbye?" I looked back at him and to my dismay he was standing with a group of other players, which included Nick. I huffed and walked towards them.
"Dude Nick isn't this the girl that spilled pop on you at Crusty's?" One of the players said as he nudged Nick.
"That's the girl I was telling you about! Green eyes!" Another one called.
"Janie how come you visit James and not me?" Eric questioned with a pout as I reached them. I felt extremely awkward. "Bro, you hooking up with that! You lucky bastard," another player said and it made me want to vomit. Eric clung his arm around me but I pushed it off, "What's with the ice baby?" Eric cooed. I just looked at him with serious eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you Eric, I am not your baby." The other soccer players around us started hooting and hollering. I looked at all of them seriously and found myself looking at Nick but quickly shot my eyes down.

"Well Eric, if you're not dating her can I have a shot?" A brown haired player asked and I quickly started to blush.
"You got Kate the other week Danny, let me have a shot at her," A blonde haired boy next to him said.
Soon they all started arguing and Eric kept claiming me, telling them "That's muh lady none of you can have her," I didn't know what to do and Nick Keller was the only one keeping quiet. Figures, I still wasn't enough for him.
"All of you shut up, 5 laps for everyone," Nick suddenly said and the rest of the team mates quieted down. Being captain they had to listen to him and they started to run the perimeter of the field.
"See you later babe," Eric called out, that boy would never learn that I didn't see him that way.
I was left standing alone with Nick and I awkwardly tried to leave, "Well I guess, um, yeah, well, bye." I sounded like an idiot but I just wanted to be far away from him.
"Janie wait-" he said, not this again, I thought to myself.
"I already told you I wouldn't say anything would you just-"
This time he cut me off, "tutor me."
I stared at him blankly, "what?" I said trying to see if I heard him right.
"I talked to Mrs. Lystilla and she said if I didn't get my grade up in her class I would have to drop soccer, and she recommended that I ask you for help." I still didn't comprehend his words. Me. Him. Tutor?
When I transferred from Arizona I was already ahead in math so instead of being in Algebra 2/ Trig like the other juniors, I was in Pre-Calculus with seniors.
"Why should I?" the venom in my voice rose.
"I know what I said earlier was wrong but I need your help Janie, if I drop the team I could lose my soccer scholarship," his blue eyes were pleading and I sighed trying to be a good person.
"Fine, be at my house after practice," I said as I pulled out a piece of paper from my bag, writing down my address.
He took the piece of paper and just nodded, "See you later green eyes," He said as he jogged away to run laps.
I walked to my car and just sat there. What in my right mind thought that this was going to be a good idea? I was so screwed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that i haven't updated this story in almost a year, but I'm back, a lot has been going on, so if you leave me good reviews I'll update a lot more!