Temporary Bliss

Guilt and Shame

What has become of her?

The moment she opened her eyes and felt the sudden presence of someone else, her heart started to accelerate. Dorien’s mind was scattered as it tried to quickly pick up the pieces that were left behind to make any sense of what happened the other night. It was inevitable with her head pounding relentlessly, a groan left her lips as she rubbed her eyes to get clearer vision of the room she stayed in.

Nothing was coming back to her except that her guess was that she had too much to drink last night and ended up in someone’s bed. Nibbling on her bottom lip, her grey/blue eyes glanced beside her to see the large lump was still asleep as she can hear the light snoring coming from the person’s lips.

Lifting her small body to a sitting position, her teeth tugged on her lip harshly when the soreness of her pelvis and lower body became sharp. What the hell? Her small hands tenderly touched her pelvic area to feel the aching pain course through her. Dorien never felt this kind of pain before and it confused her greatly until she flipped the covers off of her to reveal red spots on the comforter.

Her pink lips went agape in shock as her throat suddenly felt dried; the blond girl shook her head as she fumbled out of the bed in panic. With her mind completely hazed, her coordination was off when she fell out of bed head first onto the carpet floor.

A cry of pain left her lips as she picked her head up in embarrassment when she heard a chuckle from above her. “Rough night?” the man above her had a smirk on his face, the same look of accomplishment as the smirk widened at her horrified expression. Dorien tried to speak a few times, but all it did was make her look like a guppy out of water.

“What got your panties in a twist?” his question made her blurt out the most obvious statement in the world.

“You’re Ryan Lochte.”

Ryan quirked a brow as her face felt heated as he slowly said, “And you’re Dorien Casanova, thought we went over introductions yesterday.” Dorien nodded without any recollection of what happened last night. All she knew was that she spotted Ryan from afar her first day arriving in London and that was the only time she saw him.

“W-What am I doing here?” None of her questions seem to come out as planned as the swimmer gave Dorien a worried look.

“You sure you’re okay? This isn’t routine for you, is it?” He gestured to her bewildered state as she furiously shook her head before she felt a slight breeze from the air conditioner hit her skin. It was then that she realized that she was in a vulnerable state, her naked body in all its glory in front of Ryan, but he didn’t seem fazed by it until she tried to cover herself up.

That was when he started to chuckle, “I already saw everything. There is no need to cover up.”

Dorien licked her lips as she shyly said, “But I don’t know you.”

“We learned a lot about each other last night, like how you love being taken from the back and you loved it when I sma-”

“Okay! That’s too much information!” she furiously waved her arms around in emphasis before she stared down at the red carpet floor, “I should get going.” Dorien quickly stood up, but she winced as she bent down to relief the tightness that curled around her lower regions when she stood up too fast.

She pushed aside the pain as she quickly started to gather the clothes from the floor and scurried to the bathroom to quickly change. Despite Ryan seeing her in her birthday suit, she didn’t want him to have any other chance to get a peek at what he had last night. It was already embarrassing enough that she had done with this someone from a different team, yet someone from a different country.

Shoving those negative thoughts behind her, she fixed her hair as much as she could, rake her shaky fingers through her golden hair before bolting out of the bathroom. As she picked up her purse, she heard Ryan say, “What’s the rush Speedy Gonzales?”

“Uh,” Dorien froze when Ryan got up from the bed with nothing to cover him up; he was comfortable in his skin to walk towards her unclad while her nerves were starting to jumble up like a ribbon. When he was centimeters away from her, she felt one of his hands cup her dimpled cheek as he softly stroked it with his thumb.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

She stood there, not moving an inch as all the blood from her face drained quickly at the proximity he was in. “I…uh, I need to…go to practice?” Dorien ended the sentence with a question, what a stupid way to counteract with the opposite sex. Way to go, Ian. Make a complete fool out of yourself.

Taking small steps away from Ryan was a lot easier than she thought seeing that she tried to push him away as far as possible. As she apologized all the way to the door, she gave a small bow before closing the door behind her after slipping another, “I’m so sorry.”

Making her way towards her floor, tears started to floor her eyes as her mind started to settle with the fact that she indeed slept with him. Memories started to flood back as she rubbed her eyes to get rid of the tainted thoughts.

Dorien sat silently with her group of friends as she nursed the drink that her friend, Natalia offered her. She was never the type to drink, but seeing that everyone else was there was no harm in just having one. Peer pressure did a lot to her self-esteem and trying to make everyone happy, she complied with their habits.

Now here she sat alone in a small booth while she slowly sipped on the drink that Natalia bought for her.

Before she knew it, her grey/blue eyes made contact with the swimmer that she saw a few days ago. The Olympics didn’t start for another couple of days or so, but seeing him twice was beyond luck in her mind seeing that she was competing in a different sport and from a different country. Being as naive as she was since this was her first Olympics.

Her cheeks burned as the famous Ryan Lochte winked at her before walking away making her head spin in curiosity. Dorien never seen that gesture before and it slightly saddened her that their eye contact was cut so short.

Drowning in her drink, she finished the one glass that was filled with whatever Natalia ordered for her and before her blurry mind could settle, her lips were attached to a man’s without missing a beat. She didn’t know how it happened, but loving the feeling of having a guy all over her was something she wasn’t used to.

Feeling his rough hands slip under her dress, she jumped at the sudden contact before she heard the guy mutter, “I’m going to take really good care of you.”


That was all she remembered. Dorien couldn’t remember how they went into his room or what happened that made the two want to eat each other’s faces off at the pub they were at. Or the fact that they furiously ripped each other’s clothes off seeing that one of the straps of her dress was torn off gave her a clue on what happened.

In the heat of lust, Dorien threw the only thing that she actually cherished. The only thing that she was going to protect until she was ready to give it to that special someone, but she screwed that all up. She gave it to a stranger, the first guy that gave her any type of attention.

I’m not a virgin anymore, she grimly thought, What does this mean? Are we together? Does he like me in that way? Do I like him in that way?

So many questions and she didn’t know what to do. A few tears rolled down her dimpled cheeks as she quietly stepped into her room to get rid of all the evidence of what happened last night. Dorien didn’t feel accomplished or elated; all she felt was shame and guilt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, recs, and subs are welcome