Uncharted

027

Image

I had my body sprawled out across half of Cooper and Desmond’s couch. I had to admit that Des knew his way around the kitchen. That being said, I had eaten so much food that I didn’t want to move in fear that I would burst. I wanted nothing more than to go into a food induced coma.
However, the two yelling men on the other half of the couch insisted on playing video games while strings of obscenities were flowing out of their mouths.

I couldn’t stay interested in the war that was taking place on the television. Instead, my eyes were focused on the window where I could see that the snow continued to fall. I always loved to watch snow fall. I could watch it snow for hours and still not have enough of it. There was something about it that made me blissfully happy.

“Hello. Earth to Ollie.” Desmond’s voice broke me out of my trance.

“Hmm, what?” I asked, yet my eyes were still stuck on the snow.

“Do you want to get pizza for lunch?”

This question brought me back to real life. I realized that I had in fact been staring at the snow for hours. It seemed like we had just eaten breakfast but a quick glance at the clock proved me wrong. It wasn’t even lunch time. It was closer to dinner.

“Yeah. Sounds good as long as I don’t have to go outside.”

“Oh, we’re going outside. We’re gonna build a fuckin’ igloo.” Cooper stated. “The best fucking igloo.”

“I’ll watch from up here.” I laughed. “It’s way too cold for that you crazies. Plus, it’s already getting dark.”

“Yeah, and what’s your point?” Cooper asked while Des walked off in the opposite direction. No doubt ordering pizza.

“You can’t very well build an igloo in the dark.”

“There are lights! We have very good lighting in the courtyard!” Cooper stated. “Perfect for building igloos in the night.”

I wondered for probably the millionth time how Cooper ever acted mature at the hospital. I was like a giant man child. I couldn’t picture him being serious enough to take care of someone’s health.

&&

“You guys are the worst at this.” I commented. Hugging myself trying to ignore the frigid wind that was blowing, which was impossible even though I was wearing as many layers as I could put on and still move in.

Cooper and Des were trying their hardest to build an igloo. They assured me that everything was going as planned that they’ve done it many times before but somehow I didn’t trust them. They looked ridiculous and their igloo just looked like a lump of snow. Even though Cooper demanded that I got my ass in the snow and helped, I just kind of stood there wished that igloo building time would be over so I could go inside and get warm.

“You don’t even know, Ollie.” Cooper said dryly.

“I’m going inside. It’s freezing out here. I’m going to get hypothermia and die.” I whined.

“Highly unlikely.” Cooper commented in his doctor voice.

“It’s not that bad if you keep moving.” Des added. “Come help, you’ll get warmer. You won’t even feel the cold.” He grinned at me, and then disappeared out of sight behind the lump of snow.

The quick glimpse of Desmond in the snow was enough to leave me breathless. It was too much the way all the color was drained from his face except for the pink that swept across his cheeks and the tip of his nose. Of course, the way snowflakes were stuck to his long eyelashes didn’t help matters. There was no denying Desmond was attractive but sometimes I didn’t think it possible for any human to look that good naturally.

Without any warning Cooper hurled a snowball at me. I felt a sudden rush of icy cold show all over my face, accompanied by the stinging pain of having a solid object thrown at my face.
“That’s it. I’m going inside.” I growled, that one snowball was all it took to put me into a bad mood. I was so mad at Cooper that I wanted to fucking hit him.

“Oh shit. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hit you in the face.” Cooper laughed, clearly more amused than concerned.

I spun around and began stomping toward the doors to the building. I had enough of their antics. There was only so much of their immature guy bullshit I could take. I had definitely reached my limit. I was fine with not being with them. I hadn’t even been in my own flat for more than two hours. I was looking forward to locking myself away from them, getting into warm clothes, and drinking hot chocolate while watching a stupid romantic comedy. Those were things I couldn’t do with the guys.
Fucking hell did that snowball to the face hurt.

Behind me I heard the heavy footsteps of boots hitting the shoveled pathway to the door. “Wait! Ol, are you okay?” Des asked, grabbing my arm and spinning me around once he finally caught up with me.

“No! That fucking hurt! I didn’t want to be out here in the first place and then he had to throw a damn snowball directly at my face. Who does that?” I asked throwing my hands up in the air.

“I’m sorry. Are you okay, you’re not bleeding are you?” Desmond pulled a hand out of his glove, gently he wiped away the melting remnants of the snowball. Even though it was freezing cold out and he was playing in the snow, Desmond’s hand was so warm that it felt like hot coal against my frozen face.

I managed to get completely lost in Desmond’s eyes while his thumb brushed against my cheek, wiping bit of melting snow away. It was unnaturally quiet and still. There were not sounds on the streets being as no one wanted to venture out into the still falling snow. It was dark, the only source of light coming from the big ugly lamps in the courtyard. Somehow his eyes seemed to reflect that perfectly. They were the deepest shade of green I’ve ever seen his eyes be and they glittered from the dimly lit surroundings.

“You’re alright.” Des said softly, his words turning into a cloud of steam once they hit the cold air.

I could feel our bodies gravitating toward each other. I knew that it was wrong. I really honestly for a few seconds attempted to back away and go inside like I had originally planned. By that time it was already too late, it was already happening. Our lips were caught together in most innocent and gentle kiss. Almost as soon as it started it was over. Des was smiling to himself and without a single word he was off to finish building an igloo.

As always, Desmond Gallagher left me utterly confused as fuck and wanting to punch him in the face.
♠ ♠ ♠
So just as I was about to post this I noticed someone unsubscribed. To that I have to say; fuck you, hippie. Cause guess what guys? Now shits about to get real.