Uncharted

030

Image

Des made a point to stay away from me for about a week. He didn’t go as far as I had previously. We still somehow managed to pass each other in the hallway or walk up the stairs at the same time. Only he refused to look in my direction. I knew he’d be upset when I told we couldn’t be together while he was Moira. I didn’t expect him to be that upset.

One day when I was coming home from work, I could hear screaming echoing through the staircase. I had no idea what floor it was coming from but I prayed that it wasn’t the seventh. I had a long day and all I wanted to do was relax. However, it was loud, angry, and showed no signs of stopping. When I reached the fifth floor I could make out words and voices.

Moira seemed to have resurfaced since last week and she was apparently very angry. “You are such a fucking asshole!” she screeched.

“You’re fucking mental. Go away!” Des screamed. “You’re embarrassing yourself. Go home!”

I heard the door slam when I made my way onto the sixth floor. I continued to hear Moira slamming her fists against the door. I heard a very angry “This isn’t over!” and as I was making my way onto the seventh and final floor, Moira appeared.

“Hey Moira.” I greeted her casually giving her a sympathetic smile. I knew firsthand how much of a dick Desmond could be. I knew he obviously didn’t treat her well. Obviously.

“You!” she screeched and I froze, taken aback by her hostility toward me. I hadn’t done anything to her. I barely even knew her. Well, I thought I hadn’t. I was hoping she didn’t find out about the encounter I had with Des a week prior.

“Um.” I mumbled in shock, trying to decide if I just just start apologizing or if I should play dumb and pretend I had no idea what she was talking about if she accused me.

“Don’t you fucking talk to me. I don’t even want to look at you.”

“What did I do?” I asked more to myself, deciding to play dumb.

“Are you serious? What did you do! This all your fault.”

“I don’t know what you mean. I’m sorry?” I could hear Cooper and Desmond’s door open. I could hear Des yelling something but I wasn’t quite sure what he was saying considering my attention was focused on Moira who looked like she was going to tear my face off.

“Don’t play dumb, you know what you did.” And with that last scream in my face she shoved me with such force that I lost my balance began to fall backwards. It was almost like it happened in slow motion. I could see my purse flaying through the air and I could see the look of pure satisfaction wash across Moira’s face and then I landed hard. I heard a crack that made me nauseous. It echoed through my skull and all I could do was focus on the spider webs that were hanging in the corners where the wall and the ceiling met. It was almost like my whole body went numb for a few seconds before the pain set in.

My body was sprawled out on the stair landing. I could feel a sharp pain radiation hear the back of my head but I couldn’t see anything. I didn’t even know if my eyes were open anymore. I was gasping, trying to make sense of anything in my fuzzy head as thinks began to darken around.

“What the fuck is wrong with you!?” I heard Desmond scream but he sounded far away. “Ol? Ollie?” Desmond’s hands were suddenly on my face, the panic in his voice made my eyes flutter open to look at him. His prefect green eyes were wide open, obviously distraught. I wanted to tell him I was fine because I hated seeing him so upset. Truthfully, I wasn’t okay. All I managed to do was close my eyes, trying to wish away the nauseous feeling in the pit of my stomach. I didn’t want to throw up on Des.

“Is she okay?” I heard Moira squeak like the evil little rat she is. I thought she was innocent and sweet but she wasn’t. She pushed me down the fucking stairs. Who even does that?

“Go get Cooper.” Des growled, his hands still gently holding my face.

“Des, I-“ Moira began to speak softly.

“Go get Cooper!” Des demanded, his hands sliding off my face. “Ollie, can you open your eyes? I need you to keep your eyes open, love.” Des said gently but somewhat forcefully.

I obeyed his orders, watching his face while he held his phone to his ear. I watched his lips moving rapidly but I couldn't make out a word he was saying. So I closed my eyes, I was tired. I was so fucking tried and I didn't want to stay awake. I just wanted to sleep.

“Open your eyes, Ol!” I heard Cooper’s voice through the blackness in my head. I opened my eyes lazily and tried my best to smile at him. I wanted to tell him it was fine. I was okay. I just needed some rest. Then only sound that came out of my mouth was a whine and before I knew it my eyes were closed again.

“Open your eyes.” Cooper yelled again and had better luck this time. I opened my eyes and looked directly at Moira who was standing there with her hand over her mouth and tears pouring from her eyes. Bitch. Evil fucking bitch. That’s what I wanted to say to her.

Des was speaking fast into his phone to who I assumed was an ambulance.

“Coop.” I said slowly because it took a lot of effort.

“Yeah?”

“Am I bleeding?”

“Yeah, Ol. Keep talking to me love.” Cooper prompted me calmly like the doctor he’d be some day.

“Ollie?” Moira said and I ignored her closing my eyes because I was so tired at that point. I just need to close my eyes.

“Ollie. Open your eyes!” Des said frantically, and I listened to him because I hated how upset everyone was getting. I especially hated how upset he was getting.

I obeyed and opened my eyes and looked straight at Moira again. “I’m sorry.” I mumbled, fighting the urge to shut my eyes. I really was sorry. I was sorry for everything I’d ever done with Desmond because it was all bad karma that built up and led to this ordeal.

She didn't say anything, she just leaned into Desmond. “Don’t fucking touch me!” he screamed and flinched away from her and my eyes shut again.

“Des…” she started.

“No! You could have fucking killed her! Just go. Go home.” Des screamed but he sounded so far away even though he was kneeling down right next to me. It took all the energy I had left in me to try to sit up. I just wanted this to be over.

“Ol. Don’t move, love. Stay still.” Des said softly, and very gently guided me back to a laying position and just as everything went black and everyone was screaming at me to open my eyes I felt Desmond’s hand holding onto mine tightly. I tried my hardest to open my eyes for him but I couldn't. I was done fighting off the blackness. I had no fight left in me.

I was done.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image