Hating You for Loving Me

The Only Way To Go Is Up.

Image

---

*Mel's POV*

I didn't feel like staying at Patrick's tonight so of course I just went home to just hear more bad news.
I walked in on my mom crying hysterically.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, just thinking it might of been one of her boyfriends that broke up with her.
"Your grandma died Mel." She said after she got a hold of herself.
"What?! N-no she can't be dead. She promised she wouldn't go." I told her as I felt tears sting my eyes.
"I'm sorry Mel." My mom just whimpered.
"I-I'll be back later." I told her as I ran out the door.

I ran, for I don't know how long but I ran far enough to get to a graveyard.
One of the most peaceful places you could ever find in Chicago.
I walked in past the gate and sat down next to a grave that said 'Maryanne R.I.P'.
I could never picture my grandma's name on there, ever.
She was so strong, I couldn't help but sob at the thought of burying my own grandma.
I heard someone approach me and then sit down.
Once I got my vision back I saw Patrick sitting there with sympathy in his eyes.
I hated sympathy, but all he was trying to do was help.

"I'm sorry." He said as he wrapped his arms around me.

I felt his warm body next to mine.
I began to sob into his jacket.
He just held me and rubbed my back for support.
I loved him being here for me all the time, even though I denied it I always want him here with me.

"Look, I can't say things are okay because I know there not. But it's like they always say once you've hit rock bottom the only way to go is up." He told me as he hugged me tighter.

I liked it how he always said the right things at the right time.
He always managed to win my heart in the battle of love and hate.
I soon stopped my crying and just sat there with him holding me.
I always loved the feeling of him next to me.

"Want to come to my house?" He asked as the wind began to pick up.
"Sure." I told him since I knew going home would lead to more tears and I didn't need that right now.

When we walked home he held my hand tightly the whole way there making me feel like I would never be alone, well at least mentally.
That night we stayed up a little past the time we normally fall asleep talking about how life is a drag at points but then how we both changed each other.
About how we thought about the world and stuff like that.
Soon we both feel asleep, of course.