Hating You for Loving Me

Too Much Too Late.

Image

---

*Patrick’s POV*

Oh, no. I ran over to Mel’s side.
She was bleeding really bad and unconscious.
The guy that hit her was already calling for an ambulance.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered as I let a tear slip onto the ground.

I had to call Pete.

“Pete, call JJ. Or just come down here do something.” I sobbed into the phone.
“Dude, calm down. What happened?” He asked me seeming very concerned.
“It’s Mel; she got hit by a car.” I said in between sobs.
“Okay, I have to call JJ. I’ll be down there in a few.” He said as I heard him scramble around.
“Okay.” I said as I hung up and sat by Mel waiting for an Ambulance.

*JJ’s POV*

I was sitting on the couch after the practice.
All the girls went home same with the rest of the guys, except Spencer. Well der it was his house anyways.

“So, I’m done cleaning up. I’ll walk you home.” Spencer said as he came up to me.
“Oh, you don’t really have to.” I said as I got up.
“Nah, I want to. Plus here in the bay area it’s not quite smart to go out there alone.” He said as we walked up his basement stairs.
“Okay.” I said as we walked out his door.
“So, you like anyone yet?” He asked me after a while of silence.
“Uh, no. It’s still the first day remember?” I said as a smile crept across my lips as we walked to my house.
“Oh, yea.” He said as I saw him blush.
“So, who do you like?” I asked.
“No one.” He said quickly.

Maybe he just wanted it to be a secret.
After all I wasn’t his best friend.

“Ok, okay.” I said as we stopped in front of my house.
“Well, this is me.” I said as we paused in the front of my house.

He quickly leaned forward, seeming to look for a kiss?
I also moved forward but my phone went off before our lips touched.

“Hello?” I asked into the phone.
“JJ, you need to get a flight out here fast. Mel got hit by a car. I don’t know all the details, but just you need to come here right away.” Pete said into the phone all in one breath.
“Oh, my god. I’m on my way.” I said as my mind blew up and hung up the phone.
“What’s wrong?” Spencer asked with a worried expression.
“One of my best friends got hit by a car.” I said with no emotion on my face but I was thinking it.
“Oh, my god I’m sorry.” He said as he pulled me in for a hug.
“I need to get to Chicago.” I said as I hugged him back.
“Come with me.” I said as I threw open my house door to see my mom watching TV.
“Mom, I have to go to Chicago. Mel just got hit by a car. I have to go mom please.” I begged her as I ran next to her.
“Yea, only if you take friends.” She said.
“Okay.” I said as I threw my phone to Spencer.
“Call the guys, tell them to bring there Girlfriend’s I might need you all with me.” I said as I ran up my stairs to pack my things.

*Pete’s POV*

I got off the phone with JJ and grabbed my sweater and dashed out of the house.
I didn’t know exactly where Mel got hit but I just followed the sirens.
I got to where I saw Patrick kneeling on the ground beside what looked like Mel.
I quickly ran over and kneeled next to Patrick.

“It’s my fault.” He said as he stared back at Mel blankly.
“No, Patrick it’s not you fault.” I told him as I put my hand on his back.

I saw paramedics rush to Mel’s aid and put her on a stretcher.
I did my best to keep Patrick put.

“Patrick, she’ll be okay. Just don’t worry; we’ll go visit her okay? Come on.” I told him as I picked him up and dragged him to my house.
“It’s my fault!” He repeated as he sat on my bed.

My phone rang as I sat down on my bed.

“Hello?” I answered.
“Were getting on a plane right now Pete.” I heard JJ say.
“Who is we?” I asked sitting up.
“I have a lot of friends I’m bringing along; sorry my mom wouldn’t let me go without friends.” She said as I heard muffled sounds.
“Okay, how many exactly?” I asked with a smirk.
“11.” She said as I heard her telling the others to be quiet.
“Holy shit JJ, you must be fucking popular!” I said as I startled Patrick.
“Haha no not really, but pick me up at the airport in 5 hours.” She said.
“Okay, bye.” I told her.
“Bye.” She replied as we both hung up.
“Pick her up in five hours, got it.” Patrick said as he heard JJ over the phone.
“Look, Patrick lets go to the hospital now. We both need to check up on Mel.” I told him.
“Okay, let’s go.” He told me as we headed out of my room down the stairs outside and towards the hospital.