Hating You for Loving Me

You Expect Me To Kiss You, Right?

Image

---

*Mel’s POV*

“Why and the hell does she always have to do this?” I asked Patrick and Pete as we walked home.
“Do what leave us?” Pete asked me.
“Yes! I know she wants to move to California. She even promised us she would never break apart from us.” I replied furiously.
“It’s not her fault so stop blaming her and at least grow up a little! One of our best friends is moving away in three days and you’re giving her shit. Just lay off.” Pete shot back at me as he ran up the steps to his house slamming his front door.
“Come on.” Patrick said as he grabbed my hand pulling me along towards his house.
“Where are you taking me?” I asked him as we walked into his house.
“You need to calm down and we need to talk.” Patrick said as he closed his bedroom door behind him.
“Look if you think I’m overreacting I’m not.” I told him sternly.
“I know that I never said that, but what really is wrong?” Patrick asked as we sat down on his bed. He can always tell is there is something wrong with me or not.
“I’ve never experienced losing a friend before, and I’m losing someone very close to me and no it’s not JJ.” I told him as I felt tears well up in my eyes.
“And who is that someone?” Patrick asked as he scooted closer to me.
“My Grandma, she’s dying. Then I’m losing one of my best friends in three days which changes our whole future.” I told him as I let a tear slip.
“Don’t cry.” Patrick said as he wiped my tear away and gently kissed me on the lips.
“What did you just do?” I asked a little freaked.
“I, um just kissed you is that a problem?” Patrick said as he backed away from me a little.
“Yes of course it’s a problem one of my best friends just kissed me!” I said still in a state of shock.
“Well I can kiss you again.” Patrick said as he pulled me in for another kiss.
“Stop that!” I told him as we released from our kiss.
“What this?” Patrick asked as he yet again kissed me.
“Yes that stop!” I told him as I hit him on his arm.
“Owie! Why can’t you appreciate that I love you?” Patrick asked as he rubbed his arm.
“You do?” I basically whispered.
“Of course I do.” He also whispered as he came closer to my face.
“You expect me to kiss you right?” I asked him.
“No.” Patrick said as he kissed me, again.