Hating You for Loving Me

I'll Take You Up On That Offer.

Image

---

*Pete’s POV*

“It’s my fault.” JJ said quietly into my neck as I held her wrapped up in a bunch of blankets.
“It’s no one’s fault. Spencer had his choice to do what he did or not. Choices JJ, it’s what everyone has to go through in life.” I told her as I clutched her hand.
“Choices.” She repeated quietly.
“I think we should go walk somewhere.” I told her as we kept on messing with each others hands.
“Fine, come on.” She told me as she sat up taking my hands in hers pulling me up.
I watched her as she put on her black and white colored on chucks and a white and light blue sweater.
She put her hoodie on and took my hand walking down the stairs.
Mel and Patrick looked up at JJ and me from the couch they were cuddled up on.
“Going for a walk.” I waved to them as JJ led me outside.

*JJ’s POV*

“Come on.” I whispered as I started to pick up the pace a little bit.
“Where are we going?” He giggled a little bit.
“Somewhere now hurry up.” I told him as I let go of his hand and started to jog.
“Beat ya to the lake.” He said as he started to pass me.
“Yea right.” I said as I knew he would win.
I came up right behind and jumped on his back making him slow down but keep running.
“I win.” He said exhausted.
“No, we both win.” I said as I kissed his cheek as he came to a complete stop at the edge of the lake.
“Don’t you dare.” I said as I grasped his hands.
“Oh yes.” He said as he dove into the cold water with me still on his back.
“How dare you!” I screamed as I popped my head back up gasping for air.
“You could have at least warned me that you were going to do that!” I said as I splashed water at him.
“I like it that you didn’t know.” He said as he dove back underwater.
I looked around trying to find him in the cold almost black lake as I felt someone pull on my leg making me go back underwater.
I felt Pete’s lips against mine as he cupped his hands around my face.
We popped our heads out of the water still kissing.
Then, he dove back underwater but I felt him put me on his shoulders as he swam back to the lakeside.
“I’m freezing thanks to you.” I said through chattered teeth.
“Come here then.” He said as he again, brought his lips to mine.
“I need to run to get warm.” I said as I took off running towards my house.
“Come back here!” He said as I heard his voice trailing off as I ran farther.
I didn’t here his voice anymore, but I heard faint crying coming from an alley way I was passing.
I saw a little girl probably about the age of 4 come out of the shadows of the night.
“Hello, are you lost?” I asked as I stopped In front of her.
“My, mommy left me here. But she promised she would be back.” She said through her sobs.
“Come on I will help you find your mommy alright?” I said as Pete came up to me looking at me weird.
“She’s lost.” I said blankly as I grasped the little girl’s hand.