Sequel: The Freeing Blood
Status: This book is finished and has a sequel called The Freeing Blood. If the sequel hasn't been posted, it will be soon. As always, please comment! :)

Shadow Kiss

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I knocked on the door to the guys’ bedroom bouncing with contained excitement.
“That better be the pizza,” I heard Aaron grumble through the door before opening it.
“Surprise!” I laughed holding the large pizza box up for him to see.
Aaron snatched the pizza out of my hands and quickly set the box down onto the bed. He opened the lid and took in a deep breath.
“Mmmm, pepperoni and bacon pizza. There’s just so much glorious bacon,” Aaron praised. I rolled my eyes and shut the door behind Luke. I could feel Zak staring at me, but I refused to give in and meet his gaze.
Nick pushed Aaron out of the way and grabbed himself a slice before situating himself back on the bed looking over something on his laptop.
“This pizza is spectacular!” Aaron said between bites, a happy grin on his face.
Luke laughed. “Thanks, man. So you guys are the famous Ghost Adventures crew?”
“The one and only,” Nick replied furiously typing away on the computer.
“Yeah. The one on the bed right there is Nick. The one savagely scarfing down the pizza is Aaron. And over there on the opposite bed is Princess,” I introduced making very brief eye contact with Zak.
“Ah, so you’re Zak, huh? Cool. It’s nice to meet everyone. I’m Luke, a good friend of Aero’s,” Luke politely introduced himself.
“Oh, so he’s just your friend?” Nick asked.
“Um, yeah. Why? Did you think he was my boyfriend or something?” I chuckled subtly moving closer to Luke.
“You guys just give off that vibe,” Nick replied wiggling his fingers at us.
Luke wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. “Yeah, we get that a lot. The sad truth of it is…it’s an unrequited love,” Luke sighed.
I arched my brow up at him. “Huh?”
“Aero is just so madly in love with me that it pains me to see such devoted love towards me, but, alas, I cannot reciprocate those feelings. My eyes just cannot see her beyond being my friend,” Luke dramatically explained complete with fake sobbing noises. I rolled my eyes and punched him in the stomach to make him release me.
Just when I had opened my mouth to say something, I heard Zak scoff. “Yeah right,” he mumbled as he tinkered with a piece of equipment.
“Excuse me?” I asked narrowing my eyes at him.
Zak locked eyes with me. “I don’t see you having any sort of unrequited love for any guy.”
I crossed my arms. “And why is that?”
“You’re too strong and independent from what I’ve gathered,” Zak shrugged.
Hearing him say something like that, after accusing me of pretending to be strong just for my fifteen minutes of fame? It made me completely snap.
“But I thought I was only pretending to be strong to impress you guys? I thought I was only on this trip so I could have my ‘fifteen minutes of fame’,” I air quoted.
Nick and Aaron’s eyes widened in realization after hearing the familiar words Zak had said just an hour or so earlier. They both glanced over at Zak who seemed less surprised.
“So you heard me say that did you?” Zak questioned coolly.
“Yeah, I fucking heard you say it! You know if I had known you’d be such a fucking dick…I never would have called in,” I growled. “But after watching your show for so long and listening to you speak with other people…I honestly thought you would be different. It has been my dream to meet you and be able to go on lockdown with you. I felt like a schoolgirl about to meet her celebrity crush when I was sitting in my car waiting for you guys to show up. Only to find out you’re nothing like you appear to be on television. In reality, you’re just a cold-hearted, self-absorbed prick who only cares about TV ratings. Well, whatever. Fuck you, too,” I snapped. I could feel the tears well up in my eyes threatening to spill over.
As I felt the first tear fall down my cheek, I turned and ran from the room. I ran out of the parking lot of the motel. I ran down the road and out of the city. I ran passed the MacMiller house. I ran as far as my legs could take me. I just didn’t want to deal with facing the reality that he wasn’t the Zak Bagans I had fallen in love with on television.
Reality had come crashing down around me in the worst way possible.