This Love Shouldn't Be Legal

(11)

Melissas POV:

I wake up to find Beth and Brooklyn standing over me.

"Way to scare me."

"Sorry Mel, we are just so happy." What are they talking about?

"Oh! You're dates last night. How were they?"

"Cameron is amazing. I love him so much."

"Don't get me started on Zach. Zach." Brooklyn sighed and went in to lalaland.

"Well, why she dreams, how bout you and Mikey?"

"We have a date tonight, then after, I meet his parents. Finally. How long ago was it supposed to happen? Things are really good." They were. We talked every night and some nights, when I didn't have a lot of homework, he would come over. That was only one night so far, but it would get better.

"What about our "First day of December" tradition?" When Brooklyn was still here, we would always go shopping on the first day of December. That is today.

"Okay let me get dressed and we'll have a day on the town."

"K. I'll get dreamer outta here." Beth slapped Brooklyn and drug her out. "You have 20 minutes!" She yelled from downstairs. I couldn't wait for tonight. I was finally meeting Mikey's parents. This was it. We spent all day shopping, laughing, and being obnoxious teenagers. Then I heard the scream.

"IT'S ALLSTAR WEEKEND!!" No way.

"Why are they here?" Brooklyn asked?

"I don't know." We stood shocked as they neared us. Zach stood in front of us.

"We need to talk with you three girls. About a theft that occured at our last concert." What the hell? Then he winked at us and we knew this how they were getting us alone. Once we were on the bus we slapped our boy.

"You really scared us!" I yelled at Michael.

"I'm sorry, M&M."

"Oh Mikey, I can't be mad at you." Beth and Brooklyn forgave Cam and Zach. We hung out for a while with them. They dropped us off at our homes.

"See ya in a few hours, M&M."

"Yup. A wonderful date, and then I meet your parents. I'm really excited." He didn't look so sure. I was supposed to meet them last night, but he said it wasn't time. He came over to pick me up at 6. We had a nice dinner and conversation, even better than last night.

"Alright, here it is. Martinez Casa." As soon as the door opened, his parents were there.

"You must be Melissa. Nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you, Mr and Mrs. Martinez."

"Such manners. Maybe you can teach our boy something." What was he so worried about? His parents are really awesome. Around 10, my mom called saying I needed to head home.

"It was nice meeting you, Melissa. We hope you come back soon."

"I will if Mikey let's me." We laughed and he took me home.

"Well that wasn't so bad. Just wait until they stop the act." He is acting really crazy right now. Why would he even say something like that?

"Mikey, are they really that bad?"

"Yes. I've lived with them 22 years, not a few hours."

"Fine. Good night Mikey."

"Mel?"

"What?" I really don't want to argue with him.

"I love you." I couldn't help but smile.

"I love you, too, Mikey." I got out of his car and headed up to bed.

"How are his parents?"

"Really awesome, just not in his opinon."

"Better than me and your father?"

"Mom! Of course not."

"Ya know Mellie, I'm really glad you call me mom and not Nancy."

"You've been my mom longer than my birth mom, and besides, a mom isn't someone who gave birth to you. It's the one that has always been there when you were feeling down. You are more of a mother to me than my mom was those first few years. I love you, mom."

"I love you, too, Mel. Good night." She closed me door. Well that was odd. She and I never had a talk like that.

***************************************************************************