This Love Shouldn't Be Legal

(15)

Melissas POV:

I woke up nice and rested.

"Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Martinez." It was a beautiful Saturday morning.

"Hey."

"Morning." Maybe they just weren't morning people.

"Would you like me to cook something? It's the least I can do for you letting me stay."

"Nope."

"Nah." They were both so into their work. Was I doing something wrong?

"Mr and Mrs. Martinez?" They ignored me. "Goodbye. Thanks for letting me stay here last night."

"Yup."

"Sure thing." I hung out with mom, dad, and Megan for a while then went over to Mikey's. It was one and he still want up. I banged on the door and ran in.

"Sorry. What's up Mel?"

"Do your parents not like me or something?"

"They love you! Why would you think they didn't?"

"Because this morning they were so distant. They wouldn't say good morning, they wouldn't let me cook, they barely even said goodbye. I don't think they even looked at me."

"Oh Mel, I'm so sorry. Were they working?"

"Yes." The tears were in my eyes and he wiped them away.

"Oh Mel. They always do this." He did try to warn me.

"It's fine, as long as it's not my fault."

"Nope. Believe me when I say they love you."

"My parents love you too."

"Then we should just get married."

"What?!" He had to be joking right now.

"I'm kidding Mel. I mean, I want to marry you, but let's see where life takes us."

"Good. We're on the same page." He and I drove to see mom, dad, and Megan.

"Mom, has she grown since I was just here?"

"I was thinking the same thing Mellie." It's true what they say about babies growing fast I guess. My little sister. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey Megan. It's me, your sister." She smiled. "We are gonna be super close. I promise."

"Good, so you'll do diaper changes?"

"Not if I tour with the guys. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up yet."

"Nancy and I talked this morning, actually. We're fine with you going, IF Beth and Brooklyn go." I threw my arms around them.

"Thank you thank you thank you. Mikey, I'm touring with you." I ran into his arms and kissed him. I didn't even care that my parents were watching.

"Act like an adult Mel. You'll be 18 in a month." Oh yeah.

"I know." I left to go call the girls. Their parents were fine with it.

"MIKEY YOU HAVE 3 GIRLS JOINING YOU ON TOUR!!!! I'm so happy!"

"Really? Never woulda guessed." The 4 of us started laughing and Megan made a noise.

"Look at us. We're a happy family, plus my boyfriend."

"Mikey fits in perfectly I think." Megan cooed.

"Looks like my future sister-in-law thinks so too." I really did want to marry him, but the way he brought it up made it seem like he wanted to get married now. I wasn't ready for that. We weren't even public.

"Mikey, please calm down the wedding talk."

"Mel, it's just a joke."

"I know. I just don't even wanna think about it yet."

"Okay." We stayed until 7, when they finally released mom and Megan. We all went home and once we were settled Mikey left.

"I don't wanna intrude on family bonding."

"Mikey, you are welcome here anytime."

"I know. I also have to yell at my parents for how they treated Mel and then find my rent money. I'll see ya later Mel." Was he mad? He hadn't called me "M&M" for a while. Dad must have caught on.

"He's just being a guy Mellie. It'll blow over by tomorrow."

"I'm going to bed early. Good night." Around 10, mom came in.

"Sweetie, it wasn't even a fight. You guys will be fine, don't let it worry you." She wiped away my tears.

"Thanks mom." I hugged her and she smoothed back my hair until I fell asleep. At one Megan started crying. And so it began.

****************************************************************************