This Love Shouldn't Be Legal

(2)

Melissas POV:

"Hey Michael, it's Melissa. From the concert?"

"I remember you. How are you?" I actually called him. He's actually talking to me.

"I'm good. Actually, I talked to my parents last night."

"And?"

"You have an important question to ask me."

"Melissa Mailor, will you go on a date with me?"

"Sure Michael. Give me a time and place."

"Give me your address and Friday at 7, I will take you out for ice cream on the beach."

"Sounds good." I gave him directions and planned to meet him. Today was Sunday, so I still had a while to wait.

"Beth, I just called Michael."

"And what happened?"

"Not much. This Friday around 7 we're gonna have ice cream on the beach!!!" We screamed for about an hour then she ran over and we screamed some more. So good to have best friends next door to you.

"What is all this yelling? How do you girls still have voices after last night?"

"Practice dad. I have a date with Michael Martinez on Friday."

"Is he a nice boy from school?" Dad is so clueless sometimes.

"Daaad he's the drummer. For Allstar Weekend. Aged 22. Mom talked to you about him last night and you both agreed you were cool with us dating. Even though I'm a year away from being legal."

"Oh, him. Mel, it's still early. Give your old dad a break."

"I love you daddy. Now go back to bed."

"No, I'm up. It's almost 11:30. Want brunch?"

"Sure dad. Anything is fine. I'll go get Nancy."

"I don't know how she slept though you two."

"Again dad. Learned practice. She was a teenager once so she's used to screaming. It was just from her mouth after a concert, not me or Beths."

"I'm not even gonna decide if that was good grammar or not." Joys of an English teacher father. We ran up to find mom.

"Mom mom mom guess what?"

"What is it sweetie? Oh hi Beth."

"Hello Mrs. Mailor."

"Shut up you two. Mom! Michael and I have a date Friday at 7!"

"Oh Mellie that's amazing. I'm so happy for you. Your father and I support the age difference, because honestly, what's a number?"

"Thanks mom. Oh, dad is making something for brunch."

"I'll be right down." This was the best day of my life. Until Friday comes around.

************************************************************************