This Love Shouldn't Be Legal

The Date Part 1

Madisons POV:

"Hey baby gurl. You ready?"

"Yup. Why do you call everyone that?"

"I dunno. I've done it since I can remember." I was fine with it, it was just kind of weird. Could cause some questions to arise.

"Cool." We walked along the beach eating our ice cream. Chocolate double mint. I was trying to eat it all, but it was gross.

"You don't like it do you, Melissa?"

"It's....different. No, it's disgusting. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I'll go buy you something normal." He came back with normal chocolate and took mine. And ate it.

"First date and you're already eating my food."

"Hey, you didn't want it." We laughed and finally couldn't walk anymore so we sat on a bench.

"Michael, this is really nice."

"I thought so, too. Please, call me Mikey. Michael is so formal, sounds like my mom about to ground me."

"Okay Mikey. You can call me Mel, Mellie, baby gurl."

"M&M."

"What?" I think he's lost it now. Maybe the heat from being back. Or too much ice cream.

"I wanna call you M&M. Your initials."

"Oh, well, I guess that's cool." I didn't really like it, but it's one of those you can learn to love. Especially if the one you love is saying it.

"Hey Mel, I know it's only been one date, but I've liked you from the moment I saw you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course Mikey! I feel the same way, though, I saw you before you saw me."

"Oh that's what you think." Was he serious? How did he know me?

"Mikey, are you crazy? We just met last Saturday."

"Nope, when you were 6, you and your parents moved across the street from me and my family." 6? When my dad married Nancy. "I loved you from the moment I saw you, even though I was 10 or 11 by then. I just knew you were something special M&M."

"Oh Mikey, that is so sweet."

*Michaels POV*

I knew I had a romantic side. It just took the right girl to bring it out of me.

"Hey, I speak from my heart. If that's romantic, then give me flowers and call me Cupid."

"Mikey, that made no sense, yet I know exactly what you meant." I had a way with the ladies.

"Just know in your heart that it was good." She leaned over on my shoulder and looked up at me.

"You. Are the best thing that has ever come into my life." Whoa. Maybe we were moving a little to fast here. I moved her head and threw away my napkins.

"Uh, thanks baby gurl. You're cool too."

"Mikey, you don't have to feel the same way yet. I'm not an over emotional jealous freak girl. Just be honest with me and I'll be honest with you." No girl ever said that to me, even in Kindergarden she had to know exactly how many bites it took me to finish my cookie. If it was more than the other "cool guy" she woulda broken up with me.

"Honestly, I really like you M&M. I'm glad you are my girlfriend, but let's not get too mushy yet."

"Anything. I don't wanna make you uncomfortable." She was so sweet. There had to be a trap somewhere.

"Hey, sorry to ruin the mood, but do you have some kind of speech thing?"

"Yes. It's got a real long doctors name, but its basically a minor lisp."

"Do you mind telling me the story? Like is it just a genetic thing?"

"Well sorta. But not really."

"Will you tell me?"

"Sure." I could tell the story hurt her and I felt bad for asking. But if she was willling to share then I guess she trusted me. I would be there for her no matter what she said happened.

*************************************************************************