This Love Shouldn't Be Legal

The Incident

Melissas POV:

"Beth, guess what just happened?"

"You had a date with Mikey. You told me earlier." I think she was about to fall asleep.

"Nope. We both dropped the "love" word." I am so happy right now.

"What? Ohmygosh! That's amazing, Mel. Only 11 more months and 2 weeks of hiding it."

"Don't remind me. It's going to be torture just waiting until next Friday. B, I really love him."

"Excuse me, young lady?" I turn around to see Nancy in the door way.

"Darn B, mom just heard me. See ya tomorrow." Great way to end a perfect Sunday.

"Mellie, did you just say you were in love?"

"Yes, mom. Mikey and I just said we love each other." She has no emotion and it is scaring me.

"Oh sweetie, that's amazing! As long as you two aren't moving too fast."

"No, we aren't."

"Did I hear that word? The one that you are forbidden to say." Great. Dad wouldn't be as understanding.

"Give it time, Bob. Either they really love each other and we need to save up for the wedding or it is a silly romance that won't last long. Either way we support her and are there if they need us."

"Fine. If you know how to parent my daughter." Great. They were fighting again. I went upstairs. They promised it was what all good couples did, but I'm not sure. I went out for a walk.

"Hey girl. What's up?"

"Mom and dad are fighting."

"Again?"

"Hey, they're getting the one for this month out of the way early. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself." There isn't a lot that helps right now.

"Don't let this ruin your night. It may be 10, but only an hour ago, Mikey said he loved you. And you said you loved him. This is a big night for you two. Be happy." She was right. This was an amazing night. They weren't even yelling at each other, they never did.

"Go take your walk, Mel."

"Thanks B. I'll see you tomorrow."

"You better. I'm your ride to school." I started walking and ended up near the school. A cool breeze started and the leaves rustled. The moon goes behind a dark cloud. It kind of looks like it might rain, I should get home.

"Hey, baby. Long time no see." No, it can't be.

"Max?" It is. Of course my ex shows up.

"You bet, baby."

"Stop calling me that. You lost that right when you cheated on me. With 3 girls! At the same time!" It was a few years ago and I'm just starting to get over it.

"Oh come on, baby. I made a mistake. I love you."

"Max, have you been drinking?"

"What's a few beers every now and then?" A lot, actually. Enough to turn me off from him.

"Go home."

"Not a chance, baby girl. I'm gonna get what's rightfully mine. You." He's starting to lunge at me.

"I'm happy with someone else now, Michael Martinez. Remember the drummer from my favorite band? Leave me alone you freak."

"No. Chance." Before I knew what was happening I was shoved in a bush and half naked.

"Max, stop. No. Get off me!" I couldn't move. I was too scared and he was really heavy. All I could do was sob because he started kissing me. More like crushing me. All of a sudden he flew off of me. Fast.

"She said NO!" I hugged my clothes to me and curled up in a ball.

"Dang man. You broke my nose. I'm suin!" At least that's what I think he said. Mikey ran over to me.

"Oh Mel. I'm so sorry." He held me while I cried. Around 12, he picked me up and carried me home.

"Nancy? Bob? Can you come downstairs a minute?" It was dark when we got there, but the door was unlocked. I'm guessing they were asleep. They know my routine.

"What's wrong? Mel what happened?" Nancy ran over so fast.

"I...I..I was...." I started crying again. I couldn't help it. This was too much to handle right now. I couldn't get a grip on it or me.

"Some creep just raped Mel. I broke his nose and now he's gonna sue me. So he says."

"We'll just get him better. Let's get you to a doctor, Mel." On the way there Nancy asked the one dreaded question.

"Who was it?"

"Max."

"Your ex?"

"That's the creep who did this to you? An ex? Oh Mel." Mikey held me in his lap the whole ride. The doctors checked me out and confirmed that I was raped. Great. Just effin great. Like I needed more drama in my life.

"Mel, I don't care what you want, you aren't going to school today. Or this week. Therapy all week starting tomorrow, and we will look at next week later."

"Thanks mom. Is it alright if Mikey stays with me the whole week?"

"This time. I trust you two won't do anything."

"Even if she wanted to, I wouldn't let her." My savior. In so many ways.

"Well, I think your parents have it handled. Goodbye and good luck Melissa." The doctor left. We walked out and I texted Beth not to wait for me. I gave her Mikeys number so she could get all the info. I went home and fell asleep in his arms. I had nightmares all night but Mikey held me the whole time. He really was perfect.

******************************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys, this is kind of intense and may be personal to some people. Just a warning.