Status: fini~

Trust Me When I Say That You Can't Trust Me At All

1/1

“Nathan babe, when are we leaving for Toronto?” Hannah asked me on the phone.

“Uh, I don’t know Hannah. Maybe around 4?” I said as I looked at my phone. It was noon now, so I had time to go home, shower and pack. We were going to Toronto because Hannah wanted to see her family.

“Alright Nate, I love you! See you at 4!” She said cheerily and hung up.

Damn this girl is clingy. I thought to myself. We’ve been dating for about 4 months and she was already in love with me. I don’t think I could take this much longer. I figured that meeting her family would help it, but I just didn’t think I was feeling this relationship much longer.

“Nate! I’m here are you ready? We have to go!” Hannah yelled walking in the front door of my apartment.
Oh god, why did I give her a key. I wondered.

“I’m ready calm down!” I called to her, “I’m coming, just give me a sec!”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The car ride from Michigan to Toronto was a couple of hours, and believe me those hours were looooong.
Hannah talked about nothing and everything the whole entire way there. She told me about how her uncle’s friend’s dog had to be put down because it bit a kid and then she told me about how her brother got a wart from a frog when he was 8. I didn’t give a rat’s ass about 99% of the things she was talking about, to be honest.

Thankfully when we passed the border she got a phone call so that occupied her for a bit. We were staying with her parents for two weeks and I was dreading every minute of it.

When Hannah got off the phone she squealed, “Yay Nate, you get to meet my best friend Gabi!”

Oh god, if she was anything like Hannah, I wouldn’t be able to take it. I started seeing Hannah because she was a hot blonde that was good in bed, what can I say? I’m a guy, we like that sort thing. But as time progressed I started getting more and more sick of her every day. She’s an idiot, and I just can’t take it. She also is just so clingy. She always wants to hold hands and talk. I’m not the romantic type, so this isn’t a good match.

We pulled up to her parent’s house and she ran out of my car and slammed my door. I rolled my eyes and got our bags out of the truck and locked it. I looked up and she was hugging this cute, short dark-haired girl.

“Natey, this is my best friend Gabi!” She squealed, introducing us.

I held out my hand, “Hi, I’m Nathan Gerbe.”

As she was shaking it, she looked at me in a peculiar way. “Like, from the Buffalo Sabres?” she asked.

“Like from the Buffalo Sabres,” I confirmed. She blushed, but it was a cute blush.

“Gabi loves hockey, but she’s a Leafs fan.” Hannah said.

“Huh,” I started. “Who’s you’re favourite player?”

“Luke Schenn,” she blushed again.

“Ha, softie.” I mocked.
She playfully punched me and a strand of her hair fell in front of her face. I tucked the strand behind her ear, forgetting that Hannah was standing there awkwardly.

“Let’s go inside Natey, you have to meet my parents!” She laughed at she skipped inside.

“Oh god.” I whispered to myself, but Gabi heard me because she chuckled.

I stopped and whispered, “Hey Gabi.”

She turned around, “Yes, Nathan like from the Buffalo Sabres?”

I laughed, “Let’s convince Hannah to go out later.”

She smiled, “I was thinking the same thing.”

I winked at her and she turned around and started walking home.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dinner with Hannah’s parents went pretty well. They weren’t nearly as useless and annoying as Hannah was and it sort of made it bearable to be around her. Afterwards, I suggested we go to a club.

“Gabi wants to hangout, let me call her and see what she thinks.” She reasoned.

She called Gabi and was on the phone for what seemed like forever.

“Gabi’s going to get ready and come over in a about an hour and a half.” Hannah explained once she got off the phone.

I smiled, “Alright, why don’t you go get ready too.” She nodded and walked into the bedroom.

After about an hour, I decided I should get ready.

Shortly after we were both ready, we heard a knock on the door.

“Baby, can you get that? I have to call a cab.” Hannah asked.

I agreed and walked over to open the door. When I saw Gabi on the other side, I was breath taken with lust. She looked amazing. “Wow.” I managed to spit out.

“Shut up!” She giggled and pushed on my chest.

I snaked my arm around her back and pulled her close. Our breaths were in sync and were just looking at each other, inching our heads together.

“Make me,” I panted at her.

She inched her face even closer to mine and just as we were about to kiss, Hannah came in and said, “Cab’s here!” She giggled and walked out the door.

Gabi just looked at me, “God she’s dumb sometimes.”

I burst out into laughter, “You can say that again.”

We walked out the door together and got into the cab.

We got to the club and had a few drinks when Hannah pulled me to the dancefloor. She kept grinding on me and trying to kiss me but all I wanted was for it to be Gabi trying to kiss me instead.

“Babe, what’s going on?” She asked, “You’ve been acting so different lately.”

I thought about my answer, I could break it off now or I could wait out the rest of the Toronto visit.

I looked at her, “I think we should break up.”

She widened her eyes, “What?” She asked in disbelief.

I groaned, “Hannah, we’re done. I can’t take it anymore.”

“What why?” She said with tears in her eyes.

“You’re too clingy and you’re fucking annoying!” I remarked, honestly.

I had to admit I was a bit drunk by now.

She started crying and ran out of the club. That’s when Gabi came up to me.

“What just happened?” She asked, curiously.

“Hannah and I, we’re done.” I smiled.

I could tell she was happy, but upset for her friend. “S-she must be crushed.” She frowned.

“Who cares,” I smirked while pulling her close. “Now I can do this and not feel bad.”

She looked at me with a confused look as I leaned in and kissed her.

After the kiss, she looked up and me and smiled.

“I’m really glad you did that,” she admitted and blushed.

I chuckled and kissed her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
xoxo done