All Grown Up

Green Bay Packers

Listen.

One day I'll heal but I'll be covered in scars, and I'll never forget watching it all fall apart.


He hadn't even spoken to me. Not even one word. It was like he didn't know me. He didn't even teach classes with me when he was supposed to. Ian was hurting me but he was also hurting the students. More importantly, he was hurting the girls. Pita, Aria, Demi, and Kat always asked about him and everything. I told them the truth; I told them I didn't know what he was doing or where he was. It made me sick to think that in the process of being pissed off at me, he was also taking his anger out on the girls in a way.

It'd been two weeks since I'd heard from him. I'd seen him in the halls at the studio or when I was passing another studio, I'd see him through the glass window on the door. Other then that, he ignored me. I tried to talk to him, I really did. But he wouldn't listen. He'd walk off or leave.

"Ana, we're out of cat food," Lilly hollered. Good god. She can never get what's on the grocery list. She's so annoying sometimes. I heaved myself up with a sigh. "I'll go get some. Do you need anything while I'm out?"

She handed me a list from the pad we normally wrote our grocery list on and walked off without a word. Looking down, I almost wanted to scream.

Milk
Bread
Butter
Eggs
Bread & butter pickles
Black olives
Croissants (from that corner store I like by that one vintage store I love)
Peaches
Cat food (the expensive fancy feast things)
Alcohol


Fuck you and your stupid list. Like I wanted to go and spend my money on shit you didn't get the other day. What did she do with the money I gave her for my half of the groceries, because I didn't get half the stuff I put on the list. I slipped on my boots and was out the door before I smarted off.

As soon as I got in my car, I called one of the few close people I had; Harry. It took him a while to answer but when he finally did I started venting. "And she has the nerve to give me a whole bloody fucking list! I mean, she just went to the store the other day! Jesus, she gets on my last nerve sometimes."

He chuckled, making me glower as I drove. "It isn't funny, Harry!" I whined.

"Sound to me like you need a day or two away from her," he spoke seriously. I do. I really do. If only I had another place to stay around here that was close to the studio and uni. "You can stay with me if you want. Or Niall. Whichever."

Woah. "Um... what?" He repeated himself and I all but jumped at the opportunity. Not because I liked him or because we kind of had a thing, but because I wanted, no needed, to get away from Lilly. I loved her like a sister, don't get me wrong, but sometimes she just got on my last nerve. She drove me nuts.

"Text me your address and I'll be there later," I spoke. "I have to go get groceries and then I'll be there."

We bid each other goodbye and I parked my car in front of the market. I grabbed a buggy and started on my treck through the store. It was playing some overplayed Taylor Swift song. God awful if you ask me. Humming and tapping my finger against the metal handle of the buggy drowned out a little of her whiney voice.

"Pickles. Pickles. Pick—" As I was scanning the aisles for bread and butter pickles my cart rammed into another one. The handle jabbed my stomach making me grimace. "Holy shit. I'm sorry," a guy spoke.

Looking up, I came face to face with Ian. "It's fine, Ian," I said. "Don't worry about it." And with that said, I walked around him. If he didn't want to talk to me, I didn't want to put effort into trying to talk to him. If he wasn't going to try, I wasn't going to either.

@AnastasiaBaby.: Awkward duck has made it's appearance and at the most random time. #marketmishap #awkwardmarketduck

&&&

"What was your tweet about?"

I furrowed my brows. "What tweet?" Mystery sniffed around the foyer of Harry's house. I had kind of sprung her on him when I arrived a few seconds ago. He said he didn't kind though, saying that he loved cats and had a few of his own back at his Mums when he was younger.

"The awkward duck one," he answered. Oooohh. "Oh that? I just ran into Ian at the market," I replied.

He nodded, petting Mystery as she rubbed against his legs. She purred loudly. She liked him. That was a good thing because I liked him too. "Let's go get you a bowl of water," he spoke in a baby voice as he picked her up. That deserved a tweet.

@AnastasiaBaby.: Hearing a guy who acts all big and bad talk to a kitten in a baby voice is by far the cutest thing ever.

It'd been insanely different having Harry treat me the way he has been. It was like hot and cold, dark chocolate and white chocolate, fast food and a five star restaurant. It was a huge difference then how he had treated me in previous years. But I wasn't complaining. I liked this new Harry. He was new and improved. I liked it. I liked it a lot.

"You did not just tweet that."

I giggled. "It's not like anyone's gonna know its you. I didn't say any names, Harold," I spoke, setting my phone on the kitchen counter. "Unless you want me to go redo it."

His eyes grew wide. "No!"

I chuckled at that. "People would think it's cute! Blokes who are good with animals are a huge turn on." I smirked which he returned with a smirk of his own. "A huge turn on, huh?"

I kept smirking and nodded my head. "Yep. My last 'guy friend' I was 'close' with was super good with animals. He volunteered at the animal shelter and everything. He—"

Before I could say anything, he had his mouth pressed to mine. I smiled into the kiss when his fingers dug into my sides. I was ticklish. He pulled away and sent me a glare. Or what he thought was a glare. He sucked at acting. "Way to ruin the moment, yeah?"

My lips turned up in a grin. "Didn't want you getting your hopes up. I don't normally go past second base with guys I'm not with."

His response was almost immediate. "Then be with me."

What? Huh? "Come again?"

"Be with me," he stated. "Be my girlfriend."

&&&

Never in a million years did I think the boy who made my life a living hell would ask me to be his girlfriend. He wanted me to be his bird. Never in a million years did I think I would be sitting here as his girlfriend.

"Do you want to keep it a secret from the lads and everyone else?" I understood that he didn't want the paparazzi and gossip magazines to ruin it, but it still kinda hurt. It was like he was ashamed of me. But I didn't question it. I just let him do as he pleased.

This whole thing with Lilly disappeared from my mind and she was the first one I wanted to call. I didn't have many girl friends. She was it. I had her and Ian, period. It sucked not having many friends. But what would you expect from a girl like me?

He shrugged, glancing over at me before turning back to the road. "I'm not sure yet. Can we just keep it to ourselves for now?" He asked. I nodded, smiling softly. "Yeah," I mumbled.

Saturdays were when the 1D clan got together at each others houses. Today they were gathering at Niall's house. I didn't want to go empty handed, so I made some cookies. Chocolate and peanut butter; chocolate cookies with peanut butter on the inside. They were heaven. My Mum always made them as did my Gran and after my Mum passed, my Gran passed the recipe down to me. I had to make a quick trip to the market to pick up the stuff Harry didn't have at his place. Every time he tried to take one off the cooling rack I would smack him with an oven mitt.

"Do you lot all live in houses like this?" I asked as we pulled up outside of a huge gated house. Harry rolled down his window and punched in a password on the small keypad. A second later the gates swung open and we drove in. There were a few paps sitting in their cars outside of the gates waiting to catch a glimpse of one of the lads. When we got out of the car I kept my head down as Harry instructed and headed to the front door with Harry's hand on the small of my back.

"Niall?" Harry called out. He shut the front door behind us. My eyes scanned the place as I followed Harry toward all the noise. When we entered the living room there everyone sat, plus two girls. I recognized the blonde right away as Perrie from Little Mix. I might possibly have a fan girl moment.

"Stasia!" Niall bellowed. I grinned, waving. "Niall!"

He attacked me in a hug making me laugh. Niall was probably the most affectionate Irishman I've ever met. Me dad was half Irish which made me one fourth Irish. My English overpowered my Irish any day.

"Stasia, you know the lads and the lass by Zayn is his bird, Perrie and the lass by Louis is his bird, Eleanor. Ladies, this is Anastasia," Niall introduced.

"Hey," I greeted. "Nice to meet you."

They both smiled at me. "I've heard a lot about you," Eleanor spoke. "I like your outfit by the way."

A grin appeared on my face as Harry and I sat down on the couch. "Thanks."

Perrie spoke next. "I almost didn't believe you were real. These blokes over here have never brought you around, so I thought they'd finally lost their marbles!"

A laugh bubbled in my throat. "Knowing these five, they probably have!"

"Oi!" They all protested making us laugh.

Oh balls. I forgot the cookies in the car. "I'll be right back. I forgot the cookies in the car." Niall perked up at the mention of food. "You brought cookies? I'll get them! Give me your keys Harry!" He all but shouted. He jerked the keys out of Harry's hand and took off like a bat out of hell.

"That kid and food."

Once Niall came back with the cookies, we all had one and made small talk as we watched the newest footie match. It was Manchester United vs Manchester City. Don't get me wrong, I liked football but I preferred baseball or American football. What did it for me for American football was the tight pants. Those Americans had some amazing arses let me tell ya.

"Who are you going for, Stasia?" Liam asked. I shrugged. "Whoever wins. I don't have a favorite team," I replied.

All the boys looked at me as if I had three heads. What? I didn't see the big deal. Yeah I was English and Irish and I didn't have a favorite football team. So what. That didn't make me any less English or Irish.

"You're telling me you were born and raised here and you don't have a favorite football team." That was more a statement then a question from Louis. He looked dumbfounded. Well shit. I guess I'll have to pick one now. I'll just go with my Dad's favorite. "If I had to pick I guess I'd choose Manchester United."

Niall groaned. "You did not just say that. I'm revoking our friendship."

I held my hands up in defense. "S'not my fault I prefer baseball or American football. I had to choose, Nialler."

That caused a whole conversation about the two American sports. I was getting interrogated. About god damn sports! "Who's you're favorite baseball team?" Zayn asked.

"St. Louis Cardinals, easy."

"Good choice," he replied. "Favorite American football team?"

"Ahhh. That's a tie between Atlanta Falcons and Baltimore Ravens." Now it was Harry's turn to speak up. "What about the Packers?"

I hated the Packers. "Are you kidding me? The Packers are horrible. I would cut off an arm before I even thought about liking them. Aaron Rodgers and his stupid 'discount double check' bit is beyond ignorant." I was a firm believer that the Packers were the most horrible NFL team on this planet. Next to the Kansas City Chiefs that is. I must have hit a nerve because he gasped.

"Take it back! They're amazing!" He exclaimed. "I even have a tattoo of their logo!" He showed me his small Green Bay Packers tattoo making me grimace. "I'd get my money back if I were you," I stated.

"Have I mentioned that you're my favorite, Stasia?" Louis questioned. I chuckled. "Glad you agree, Louis."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it took forever! I have an excuse though! I have basically two jobs, peewee football is starting and my cousin has games, my birthday, life, and drama. I'm sorry. I really am guys. :(