All Grown Up

This is the End

Two Years Later


"A little help, yeah?!"

I struggled to keep the cardboard box from slipping from my fingers and falling to the floor. Here I was, a small lass, lugging around the heavy boxes filled with my abundance of crap while the lads sat and fucked about. It was quite frustrating to be honest.

"Oh shit!" Niall exclaimed. He jumped up and hopped over the couch, coming to my rescue. "Sorry, Stasia." All I did was give him a glare.

He moved toward the door, while the other four looked on with innocent faces. It took a lot for me to not blow up, but it obviously didn't work, because I blew up. And it was going to be pretty bad.

"You guys are just sitting on your arses and not doing anything, while I'm doing all the heavy lifting!" I exploded. They jumped in shock. "I'm a twenty one year old below average in height young lass and I can't move all these bloody boxes by myself! This was your idea!" I shouted, pointing at Harry. "You asked me to move in and decided I needed to do it right now. So quit being a lazy arse and get up and do something!"

By now, I had tears in my eyes. I normally cried when I got mad. It was one thing I hated about myself.

"Sorry, Ana," they all mumbled. They filed one by one and gave me a kiss on the cheek before grabbing boxes and carrying them out of my flat. Harry lagged behind, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. He pulled me into his chest and kissed my temple before resting his chin on top of my head. I was that short. I could be used as a headrest. I should be embarrassed.

"Love," he murmured. I rested my head against his chest and pushed my hands underneath the back of his shirt, resting just above his pant line. I felt him shiver. I cracked a small grin through the tears. "I know you're stressed about the move and uni and dance, but I swear it'll all be fine. Just think, once we get all your stuff moved in, me and you can go to our room and have as much sex as we want. I'd be perfectly fine with not getting out of bed for like, three days."

"Ew," I croaked. "You start to smell after a day."

He gasped, dropping his hands to my sides. He squeezed, making me yelp. "Well, you don't smell much like roses after a day either!"

"Harry!" I yelped, trying to distance myself from him. "Stop it! That tickles!"

&&

Four Years Later


"Lilly."

"Yeah?"

"I think I might be pregnant."

I was twenty five and not even married, yet here I was, 90% sure I was pregnant. Don't ask me how I knew, because it would make me sound mental. But I knew. I was pregnant. And it was Harry's baby. The first thought that popped in my head was to call Anne and Gemma, seeing as Harry was in LA doing work stuff. But instead of bothering them so late in the night, I settled for telling my best mate who just happened to be having a girls weekend with me.

"What?"

"I think I'm pregnant," I repeated. Her eyes grew to the size of saucers. "Are you shitting me?"

I shook my head. "I'm not shitting you." I placed my hands on my stomach. A tiny, barely there bulge had seemed to appear overnight. It explains why I'd been feeling so weird these last few weeks. My heart sped up at the thought of carrying a tiny human being inside of me that was half me and half the man I loved.

"Oh my god," she mumbled. "We need to go to the hospital. You need to get an ultrasound done." I nodded.



"So you're carrying that brooding popstars demon spawn?"

The nurse who was doing my ultrasound was a friend of mine, Mila. We went to nursing school together and had both gotten a job here at St. Mary's right after we graduated. We were both in the children's ward of the hospital. Mila wasn't very fond of Harry. She never did tell me why, but I did my damnedest to try and get them to be civil. I can count on one hand how many times they've been civil to each other in the last four years.

I sighed, while Lilly did nothing to hide her laughs. "Yes, but could please not refer to the baby as demon spawn? You say it too many times and it'll come out acting like one."

She snorted. "Give that brooding arse face a taste of his own medicine."

With a quick eye roll, I said, "Can we start this ultrasound, or no?" She held her hands up in defense and proceeded to squirt the blue gel on my stomach. She then grabbed the wand and started moving it around in the gel. Not even a minute later, there was a rhythmic beating echoing throughout the small room.

"There's your demon spawn," Mila spoke. She hit a few buttons on the machine and out came a few pictures. "The baby is measuring about ten weeks, but I'd say you're about eight or nine weeks along."

"Is that normal?" Lilly questioned. Mila and I nodded. "What does it mean?"

"It means that the baby is healthy," Mila answered. "And if all goes well, your little demon spawn will be here by late August, early September.

September. As in the same month both my parents died.

&&

Nine Months Later


Caffrey James Styles, was born on the tenth of September at half past nine pm. He weighed in at 3.6 kilograms. He had a full head of thick, dark hair. He was 53.34 centimeters long. He hardly cried when he was born. One little shriek when he breathed his first breath of air, and then he was done. He was completely healthy and more then I could've ever imagined.

Harry made sure to count his fingers and toes. Multiple times. He didn't stray far though. He charmingly asked if he could go with the nurses when they took him to do the hearing test and all the others. They of course fell victim to his charm, and agreed at the drop of a hat.

"You're a mum," Ian mumbled. He had tears in his eyes as he bent down to hug me. "You're a fucking mum."

I chuckled. "You knew this was coming. You had nine months to let it sink in." I scooted over and patted the spot beside me. He sat down and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "Yeah, but I never thought my little Ana would be having kids. You made a child for fucks sake. A human being! And you're acting like its nothing."

I shrugged. "It all became real to me when I first felt him kick in my stomach. It was hard. I didn't think I could do it. I had a breakdown, believe it or not. I left for Cheshire without a single word to anyone. I was there for about five days before anyone found me."

"What?" His face was one of shock. Although I'm not sure why. I'm known for running away. And I always went to the same place, so it's not like anyone didn't know where to find me. I nodded. "I had doubts that I could be a good mum for Caffrey. The five days that I was there I actually looked into adoption agencies. I was so close to giving him up. And I didn't even care about how Harry would feel. All I was worried about, was finding a good mum for Caffrey. That was, until Louis FaceTimed me. He told me he went through the same thing with Freddie and that I had nothing to worry about. He told me I was going to be the best mum that Caffrey could ever have, and that was what made me realize he was right."

I hadn't told anyone this. The only people who knew were Harry and Louis. They were the only ones who knew I had ran away to Cheshire for five days without a single word to anyone. Not even Anne or Robin knew.

"And I knew that in the back of my mind, I'd have my parents helping me. And I'd have all you guys helping me. And with all the help I'd be getting, I wouldn't be a bad mum. I'd have too big of a support system to even think about failing."

"Damn, Ana," he mumbled, wrapping both his arms around me. "I love you, babe. You're going to be the best mum to that little heartbreaker. I know that for a fact."

I kissed his cheek. "Thanks, love."

M O T H E R H O O D
is a choice you make everyday,
to put someone else's happiness
and well-being ahead of
your own, to teach the hard
lessons, to do the right thing
even when you're not sure
what the right thing is...
and to forgive yourself, over
and over again, for doing
everything wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shit. Well, this took a long time. But it was a past due thing that needed to be done. So here it is, the end!