All Grown Up

Girls Weekend

I'll remember every word, no matter what.

I'd never had a steady boyfriend. Not in my eighteen years. It was weird. It was beyond weird having Harry's arm around me while we sat and watched the telly. Having him kiss me was even crazier.

"Lets go for a walk," Harry suggested. I nodded, standing up from the couch. My UGGs were slipped on my feet, my Ray Bans covered my eyes, and my phone was put in my back pocket. 

We walked in silence. It was a mix between an awkward and comfortable silence. I still didn't understand why I agreed to do whatever it was we were doing. As soon as we got back to the cottage the day before when I agreed to this, I text Ian. I didn't want him to be upset if he found out some other way then me telling him. It didn't go very well. He called me not even five minutes after I text him and proceeded to basically yell at me, telling me how much of an idiot I was. I contemplated telling Lilly, but I decided against it. She had enough going on with uni and work that I didn't want to add any unwanted drama. I promised myself that I would tell her after she was done with the big essay she had. 

"So how'd you meet Ian?" Really? Out of all the questions, he chose that one? I stared over at him as we walked. "Really? That's what you're going to ask me?" He just shrugged. 

"I met him through work. He was a teacher, but then stepped down to help me teach," I answered. "You got any girlfriend in your life?" 

He shook his head. "Nope. Not at the moment. Even if I did, it woudn't matter."

I furrowed my brows. "Why wouldn't it matter?"

"It woudn't last long. The paparazzi and media have a way of ruining it." He kicked a rock as he slyly slipped his hand in mine. It made my stomach jump and my heart speed up. My face flushed, I could feel it. "But they won't find out about me and you. We may not be in a 'relationship' but I still don't want them to ruin whatever it is we have."

The word relationship coming out Harry's mouth and being said to me was foreign. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to think. What made me say yes to him? After all he's done to me in the past and I still said yes.

"Can we start over?" He asked softly. Looking up at him, I noticed the wishful look on his face. I nodded. Not because I felt the need to, but because I wanted to start over. I knew there was a sweet lad in there behind all the hurtful stuff he had done in the past. "Hi, I'm Harry Styles." He stuck his hand out so I put mine in it and we shook hands. 

"Hi, I'm Anastasia Foster. Nice to meet you Harry."

A grin appeared on his face making his dimples flare up. If it was one thing I was a sucker for, it was guys with dimples. I just wanna poke them everytime they flare up. But I hold myself back. 

"Twenty questions; what's your favorite pet?" I fired out.

"Cat. What's your favorite pet and color?" He fired back.

"Cat and green. Favorite food?"

"Fajitas. What's your dream job?"

My dream job. Hmm. "Tie between dancer and nurse. Have you ever kissed a guy?"

"You want to be a nurse?" He asked. I nodded and said, "It's what I'm going to uni for, now answer my question!"

He chuckled. "Yes I have. Ever had a boyfriend?" 

No. "Just Ian. Have you ever lied to your mum so badly that she instantly knew you were lying?"

He nodded with a smirk. "She asked if I had been drinking and I said no, but I was plastered. I think I was sixteen. I got grounded for a month."

I wish my mum had been around to ground me. Or my dad for that matter. I wish they were around so I could at least lie to them; talk to them. The whole point of having parents is so you can go to them with your problems and they can help you and they can tell you that everything is going to be okay. I didn't have that. Sure my grandmum and grandad were there for me but they weren't the same as my parents. If I could have one wish, it would be to have my parents back. I wouldn't ask for more wishes, I wouldn't ask for a million pounds, I would just ask for my parents back. Two people that I needed in my life more then anything. That's all I wanted right now. 

When I went to say a smartass remark I finally noticed where we were. It was the same bridge that I tried to jump off of. The same one he saved me from jumping off of. The same one he saved my life on. I remembered that night like it was just yesterday.

“Hey! Get down from there!" A voice shouted. The voice startled me making me lose my grip and slip off the ledge. My hand grasped the ledge, but it was slipping. All of a sudden a large hand grasped my wrist. A head popped over the edge and it was someone I never wanted to see again. Someone who was the main reason I was trying to do this. I was putting myself out of the misery. When he saw who I was his face went front fear to shock. “What in the bloody hell are you doing Anastasia?! You could kill yourself!"

“Let go of me!" I screamed. Tears streamed down my cheeks like a faucet going full force. “I'm doing what you asked! Let. Me. Go." 

He shook his head and somehow managed to pull me up and back over the ledge. When my feet were firmly on the ground I tore my arms from his grip and started hitting him. Tears blurred my vision but I still kept hitting him. 

“Y-You're ruining it-it!" I shouted. “You're ruining it! You git!"

“Ana, stop." I kept hitting him as tears still rolled down my cheeks. “Ana, stop it!" He grabbed my wrists and pulled me into him. I fought against him, but gave up after a minute. I was too hysterical to fight. 

“Why....why a-are you do-doing t-this?" I sobbed. That left him quiet. He probaby didn't know why. He didn't know why he saved me. He was after all, the one who told me to kill myself like my parents earlier today. Does he not remember? “Do you not remember what you said to me earlier?" By now I was done sobbing, so I slid out of his arms and away from him, ridding my face of tears. 

He opened his mouth, but closed it a second later. “How come you saved me? How come you didn't let me grant you your wish? I could be with my Mum and Dad now if you would have left me alone." I was getting mad again.

“I don't know," he shrugged. He doesn't know.

“Just leave me be Harry," I stated. “I was fine when you were hating every fiber of my being, I don't need you pretending to care and then turning around and telling all your friends about me trying to jump off a bridge and kill myself."

“Ana, wait--"

I stopped him. “Don't call me that like you know me...because you don't and you never will. I don't even want to know you. I don't even want to be near you. So just leave," I said, looking him dead in the eyes. Even in the dark I could see his eyes shining in the moon. “And forget about me. Just like everyone else."


"I wanna go back," I mumbled. "I wanna go back to the cottage." 

He furrowed his brows. "Why? What's wrong?" 

I shook my head. "Nothing I just...I don't feel like walking anymore." He looked like he wanted to say something but instead, grabbed my hand and walked with me back to my place. That bridge and that flashback almost made me want to sell the cottage and never come back here.

++++++

Today was the day the girls were showing me their 'epic dance.' I didn't have time to go home and change, so I rummaged through the back of my car and found a pair of my Vans. The back of my car was like a hoarders house. Clothes, shoes, books, papers, and trash were all over the place. I even think there was a straightener and curling iron in there. 

Right on the dot, all four of the girls came running in the door. With an extra girl. She had red hair with a blonde streak in it. What is it with these girls and having streaks in their hair? And what is going on with their getups? Pita had on a white and navy blue striped shirt with skinnies and Converse, Kat had on a red plaid shirt with skinnies and Converse, Aria had on a turquoise jumper with skinnies and Converse, Demi had on a grey blazer with a bow tie and white button up and skinnies and Converse, and the other girl had on a letter jacket with skinnies and Converse. 

"Um, what's up with the outfits and who's the new girl?" I questioned. 

"This is Katie and she helped us with our dance. She's supposed to start dancing here next week," Pita answered.

"And just wait for the outfits. You'll see," Demi answered. I shook my head. "Okay then. Nice to meet you Katie, I'm Anastasia, but the girls call me Sia. So let's get on with the dance!"

I got my phone out as they set everything up and went to my video camera. No matter what, I always recorded them dancing. "Can you hit play?" Kat asked. I nodded and hit play on the laptop. As soon as they started dancing, I started recording. Now I understood the outfits. They were supposed to be the lads of One Direction. That's adorable. I'm definately showing that to Harry and them.

All you could hear was my clapping. "That was by far the most epic dance you lot have done. Bravo!"

The huge smiles on their faces made my day. It melted my heart. They were like my little sisters. It was Friday which meant the weekend and school was out. I haven't had a girls weekend with them in a while. Their parents will love me when I tell them they're going to be childless for the weekend. 

"What do you say about a girls weekend?" 

"Our mums were going to ask you tonight if you could watch us," Aria stated. "Can Katie come too?"

I nodded. "As long as it's okay with her parents."

"Hey Sia?" I looked at Demi waiting for her to continue. "Where's Ian?" 

Where was Ian? I myself didn't know the answer to that question. So I'll have to come up with a lie. "He had something he had to do, so it's just me today."

++++++

The girls all came at once. Their sleeping bags were under their arms and their overnight bags were over their shoulders. Pjs were already being worn too. We were all ready for the girls weekend. Lilly was visiting her parents and seeing her new baby cousin while she was there in Sheffield. So I had the flat all to myself. 

While the girls got the movie started, I popped us a few bags of popcorn and grabbed some bottles of Bug Juice. I was eighteen and Bug Juice was still the shit. It would always be the shit. The other junk food was already in the living room, so I didn't have to worry about that. As I set the popcorn and drinks down, a knock on the door echoed throughout the flat.

"Stasia! Open the door!" Good god. What is he doing here? "I'm having a girls weekend, Niall. No guys allowed."

He pouted and did it even more when the others came around the corner. What is this? Ruin Ana's girls weekend or something?! 

"Well why not? We wanted to have a movie night with you," he whined. "We can pretend to be girls for one night. Can't we lads?" 

"You're having a girls night?!" Louis shouted. He squeezed past me and ran into my flat, heading for the living room. That prompted them to all file in. With a loud sigh, I shut and locked the door then made my way into the living room. The girls were chatting with the boys while they waited for me to start Tangled. I may be eighteen, but Tangled is by far one of my favorite Disney movies. "Go ahead and start the movie. I'm going to get these tossers some drinks," I said. 

"I'll help," Harry said, hopping up. He followed me into the kitchen and as soon as we were out of everyones line of sight, his lips met mine. I'd honestly never get used to the feeling of his lips against mine. They were soft like silk and warm like a nice cup of tea. I pulled away from him, resting my hands on his chest. "You can't do that when other people are around," I whispered slowly. 

He pouted. "But I haven't kissed you in a while." All of a sudden, Mystery jumped out of nowhere and landed on his shoulder. He jumped and knocked her off but he caught her before she fell. "Bloody hell!"

I giggled. "Mystery likes you."

He scratched behind her ears making her purr. His emerald eyes lifted up to meet mine. "Do you like me?" 

"Sometimes."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait! I've got two jobs and with all my other stories and baking on the side, I'm beyond busy.