Status: Updated Every Thursday

Silence Can Seem So Loud

You're Gonna Be the One Who Saves Me

“Darren?” Eleana calls out as she pushes the front door open and steps into the foyer of their home.

“In the kitchen, baby!” He answers as she closes the door behind her and slides out of her heels. She pads silently through the house until she reaches the kitchen and is unable to stop the smile that forms on her face. Looking up as she walks into the room, Darren smiles and leans against the island. “I picked up Chinese on my way home from shooting. I got double of those dumplings you like so much.”

Eleana walks over to Darren and wraps her arms around his waist and nuzzles herself closer to him before letting out a sigh. Darren shifts away from the counter and holds his girlfriend close to him. He can feel the tremble that is currently running through her frame.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” He whispers into her hair as his hands rub soothing circles over the middle of her back.

“Mark called the store.” Her voice shakes softly as she clings to Darren. “He wanted to talk to me about coming home. Apparently, he ran into my dad and Claire while they were shopping for groceries.”

“Did you call your dad?”

“Yeah. He said he would take care of. I just don’t know what he plans on doing.”

When it comes to Mark, Eleana is still kind of nursing the wounds he left her. Emotionally. Darren is yet to find out about the nightmares or the fact she just doesn’t sleep when he isn’t besides her.

“I’m so sorry, Eleana.” Darren says softly as his hands stop their movements and he just holds Eleana to him. “Do you want to go home just to talk to your dad or see what he plans on doing?”

“No. School and work comes first. According to my dad at least.”

“So he doesn’t want you coming home?”

“Nope. He knows I’m safe here with you.” Eleana steps back. “I guess it just scares me to remember that he is still-”

“That he still exists. I understand, baby girl.” He places a gentle kiss to her temple before stepping back. “Just remember that nothing bad can happen to you here, Eleana.” He smiles warmly down at her before placing his lips on hers. The kiss is soft, short, but very sweet and everything Eleana needed in that moment.

Eleana offers Darren a smiles once they break away from the kiss. “Now, about that Chinese food?” She reaches around him to get the container she already knew was her fried rice.

“I got them to mix that weird chicken thing you like and your fried rice. Minus the mushrooms.”

“Really?! Thank you Dare.” She quickly tears the box open and inhales the wonderful scent. Looking up, she gives him a quick kiss to his lips before grabbing a fork and her bottle of Diet Mountain Dew. She waits for him to grab his box, fork, and beer before they make their way to the bedroom.

One of the things they do when Darren has a later shoot and Eleana is off from work the following day, the pair would get Chinese food and watch a couple new releases. Tonight, Darren picked up The Hunger Games and The Raven. Two of Eleana’s favorite things; her favorite trilogy and her favorite author.

She smiles widely when Darren holds up the movies after she had gotten herself situated on her side of the bed, feet tucked under her and her back resting on the headboard. “The Hunger Games first, please.”

“Okay then.” Darren puts the movie into the Blu-Ray player, grabs the remote and climbs over the footboard and settles besides Eleana before he sighs heavily. “I forgot my beer.” He hands Eleana his box of food and moves to get it. He turns to face her just as she has stuffed a forkful of his food into her mouth. The smile she wears on his face causes Darren to laugh loudly and shake his head. “You look like a kid who had her hand in the cookie jar and got caught.”

Handing him the box back with his fork, Eleana waits until she can swallow the bite before answering. “That is how I felt.”

“It was so cute.” He kisses her temple as the movie comes up to the main menu. He hits play on the remote and settles into his spot besides his girlfriend just as the movie starts.

“Thank you.”

Darren turns to look at Eleana who has her eyes focused on the movie. “For what?”

Slowly she turns so her eyes can meet his own. “Everything.”

He smiles and leans over to kiss her softly. “Anytime baby girl.” The pair share one more smile before he pulls away and kisses her nose. Slowly they turn their focus back to the television screen to enjoy the movie.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY!
Six months later I finally break out the notes and type part of what is hand written.
I know this is short but it's just a couple pages that I thought would be cute to throw in while I organize my thoughts on where I want to take this.
Good things to come soon, I promise.
Thank you all so much for being patient!

Much love.