Status: This is my first story so take it easy on me! Enjoy.. :)

Choices

Kris

“Bzzzzzzz.” My blackberry vibrated, letting me know I had a message. I pulled the little black cellular device out of my over sized jean pocket.

“One new message from Jake,” I read aloud off the screen. I continued reading, “ Hey Kris meet me at Beverley hotel on Main street tonight at 12. Don’t ask questions, just come. See you later -Jake”

I stared blankly at the screen. Jake, my boyfriend hadn't spoken to me for two weeks now. The reason for that was because we had gotten into a huge argument. Being that we were both very hared headed we had been giving each other the silent treatment, hoping that the other would budge first and apologize.

I sat there in my dark green room, staring at the many different posters hung up, deep in thoughts. Why would Jake want to meet me at a hotel? More importantly why would he want to meet me at a hotel so late? He knew that 12 was passed my curfew and that I'd have to sneak out.

“Hey honey, me and your dad are going to bed so goodnight, love you” My mom softly spoke as she stood in my doorway.

“Goodnight mom, love you too,” I replied, distracted trying to analyze Jake’s text. Which was not going well, every possibility I thought of always led me right back to square one. This wasn't usual of Jake to do. He had never done anything strange like this before.

After debating whether I should go or not for about 30 minutes, I decided I should if I wanted to figure out why Jake wanted to meet me there. I glanced at the clock, it read 10:30. I had a good hour before I would head out so I got up from my bed and went to my bathroom to take a nice hot shower.

After my shower I combed my hair and put some cute but comfortable clothes on which consisted of some dark stretch skinny jeans, a dark navy blouse and a thin sweater just in case it was cool outside.

By the time I was done I had just enough time to get to the hotel by 12. Before leaving I checked myself in the mirror.

My long, wavy dirty blond hair was in a loose bun as usual, my big almond shaped eyes were deep blue like always, my nose was little and pointy and my lips were red and pouty.

I had no makeup on since I basically was against wearing it. Makeup was just an easy way to hide yourself from people. It was a waste of time and a waste of money.

I grabbed my keys that laid on my dresser and headed out my door. I tiptoed down the stairs hoping I wouldn't wake my parent or my baby brother, Riley and to my great satisfaction I didn't. I shut the front door slowly behind me and ran, shivering all the way to the gray beat up little vehicle I called my truck.

It was awfully cold this winter which was very surprising. Los Alamos, the town I lived in was known to be hot and humid all year round. I wasn't used to such weather. I definitely regretted not bringing a thick sweater, but it was to late to go back inside and grab one.

“Kris, is that you?” I heard a familiar voice call. I turned my head and as I guessed it was Adam, my next door neighbor, better known as my best friend. We had grown up together, sharing basically every important memory together.

“What are you doing out here so late?” I asked him, worried. It was so dark out I could hardly tell it was him, all I saw was his tall thin shadow. Adam walked towards me, jumping over the little white picket fence that separated our houses.

As he inched closer, his features began to come into focus. His shaggy brown hair swaying in the wind and his emerald green eyes squinting from the brightness of my headlights.

“I could ask you the same thing.” Adam replied, a little grin forming on his oval shaped face.

“It's a long story,” I lied. I could have easily explained to him where I was going but every time I ever mentioned mine and Jake’s relationship to him his painful facial expressions always led me to believe he was displeased.

Adam had never approved of Jake, ever since the beginning of us. Jake was a “cocky jerk” from Adams perspective. He was usually perceived that way, but no one knew him like I did.

It wasn't his own fault that he acted that way. His parents were always busy with work, most of the time they just threw money his way and expected him to take care of himself, so he was used to getting what he wanted.

“That doesn't matter anyways because I asked you first,” I changed the subject ,not wanting to answer any more questions about where I was headed.

“Don't you worry Kris, I was only at my grandpas,” He smiled, “He asked me to clear out all of the junk in his garage for him which took me awhile, and of course I couldn't say no to sweet grandpa Joe.”

“Man, you need to take me to see him soon, I miss spending time with you two,” I grinned, thinking of all the good old memory's I had with them,” Anyways I better get going, I'll text you tomorrow.” I checked my phone, it was already 11:50!
“ Alright, your looking mighty suspicious Kris, I wouldn't be surprised if I found out you robbed a bank.” Adam Teased

“If you keep your mouth shut ill split the money with you.” I teased back.

“I'll consider it.” HE replied, walking up the steps to his front door.

Finally I sat in my truck, shut the door quietly and went to go meet Jake.
I arrived at the hotel at exactly 12. I found a parking spot quick and then headed for the front desk in the lobby.

I walked up to the desk and waited for the grouchy looking old lady to get off the phone. The way her eyes never left my face as she continued talking on the phone creeped me out a big deal. Finally she got off the phone and put all her attention on me.

“How may I help you.” She sneered, a scrimpy expression spread across her face.
“I've come to visit my friend Jake. Uh...he didn't tell me what room he was staying in.” I said, awkwardly, not thinking about what I was going to say until right then.

“Oh yes, your friend called from his room a couple hours ago and told me to expect someone for him.” She emphasized on the word friend as if she knew we were dating, “He told me to leave you a key to his room.” Once she handed me the key I walked away as fast as I could. I took an elevator to the second floor and searched for room 234.

Once I got to it I slid the key in and unlocked the door. It was really dark inside with a few candles lit here and there.

“Jake, are you in here? I called out, beginning to get a little frightened. First the old lady and now what seemed to be a dark room with no sign of Jake.

“Jake quit!” I screamed, “You know I hate the dark!”

This hotel room was pretty spacious, I noticed as I followed the row of candles to what seemed to be the master bedroom. Once I reached the dark bedroom I scanned the wall with my hand to find the light switch.

I turned the light on and there, laying on the bed full of red roses, half naked, was Jake. As our eyes met I automatically blushed.

“Kristen,” Jake said with delight, “I'm glad you made it.” He smiled, obviously feeling very clever he came up with the whole thing on his own.

“Wh...what are you doing?” I asked, shocked..

“Well you told me you wanted more romance, so I decided to give it a shot,” He replied with full confidence.

“Jake,” I walked over and took a seat next to him on the bed, “ When I asked for more romance I meant I wanted you to take me out to a fancy dinner or surprise me with flowers every now and then, I didn't want you to do this, I've told you this before and I'll tell you this again, I'm not ready to lose my virginity.” I spoke every word softly, trying not to upset him.

“Kris, please.” The desperation in his voice made me feel terrible. I thought about it for a second and decided a little kissing wouldn't hurt.

I grabbed his soft dark brown hair and pulled him towards me. The satisfaction in his auburn eyes made me relax a bit.

We began kissing each other intensely. I hadn't realized how much I missed his compassion over the past two weeks.

The argument that we had was of course about sex. That’s all Jake wanted to do since our 8 month anniversary, it was as if he thought after dating someone for that long they were supposed to have sex.

We were only 17, juniors in high school and I wasn't about to rush into anything I wasn't comfortable with.
Jake pulled me closer and closer to him as we laid, kissing on the king size bed. After a while Jake started unzipping my jacket, which I had no problem with, it was getting kind of hot anyways.

A couple minutes later Jake began working on unbuttoning my jeans, and that was when I had to stop. I pulled my face from his, but that didn't stop him. He dug his face into my neck, kissing me anywhere I had bare skin showing.

“Jake..Jake,” I tried to stop him, but instead he kept going, ignoring everything I said, “Get off me!”. I tried squirming out from under him but he was putting all his weight on me, making it hard to move at all.

JAAAAKE!” I started screaming, hitting his back, trying anything to get him off of me. Finally I bit his ear the hardest I could and he jumped off the bed.
“WHAT THE FUCK!” Jake yelled, holding his ear with his hand. Blood was streaming down his arm.

“What do you mean what the fuck? I told you to get off and you didn't fucking listen!” I yelled, angrier than I'd ever been in my life.

“Your such a fucking tease Kris!,” Jake continued yelling, “Do me a favor and get the fuck out of my hotel room!” Jake sped walked to the bathroom to clean his ear. Tears began running down my cheeks as I grabbed my sweater off the floor.

“Your such an asshole!” I Cried as I slammed the door behind me.

I was to impatient for the elevator to open so I ran down the stairs, clumsy as ever. I tripped over my foot, fell on my knee ,but barely caught myself on the rail.

I wailed and wailed, my knee began to bruise. I had had such a bad night I didn't have the strength to get up and go home. I sat there and continued to cry. I just wanted to be home in bed but instead I was sitting here on the staircase crying like a baby.

“Uhh are you okay up there?” I heard someone grumble. I looked up and saw the grumpy old lady standing at the end of the staircase, looking worried, which was surprising to me. She had been so mean earlier I didn't understand why she would come and help me now.

“Yeah I'm fine,” I barely got out without crying. I wiped the tears from under my eyes and tried to get up, struggling.

“oh, no no no dear,” The old lady walked up the stairs as fast as she could, which was pretty fast for her age. She grabbed my arm and helped me stood up, then slowly but surely we got down to the lobby.

“Should I call someone to get you, like your parents?” She asked.

“Please don't,” I began, “just call Adam.” It just came out automatically and I didn't even try to take it back. I sat on one of the chairs in the lobby still sobbing.
“Here, can you hand me your phone and ill call him and ask him to come pick you up, okay?” She said soothingly, obviously trying to make me feel comfortable.
I handed her my phone and sat there waiting.

“Hello?” I could hear Adams voice on the other line. He sounded tired and surprised, I felt bad that I had to wake him and suddenly started to regret telling the lady to call him.

The lady talked to Adam and tried to explain the situation as best as she could, being that she didn't know the whole story.

About five minutes later I heard the little bell jingle that let you know someone entered the lobby.

I picked my head up and saw Adam rushing over to me with a worried expression across his face. As soon as I saw him I got up from my chair and started limping towards him.

“Kristen stay right there, I got you K?” Adam put his hand behind my back and led me to the door.

Before leaving, Adam thanked the old lady that helped and got my phone back. Once he got me into his car safely he started driving home.

“what happened?” Adam asked. I kept him waiting for an answer for awhile but finally I answered him with an “I don't want to talk about it”.

The rest of the car ride was silent expect for my whimpering that I couldn't control.
Adam parked in front of his house not sure about what I wanted..

“Do you want me to take you home?” He asked, not knowing what to do.

I shook my head No, not wanting to speak, I could only cry and believe me I did for rest of the night. Adam swung around the car and grabbed me out of the seat.

He then carried me to his front door, through his house all the way to his room.

He laid me in his bed and a couple second later joined me. Holding me gently against his chest, petting my head, and whispering “every things gonna be okay” in my ear.

That night I fell asleep in the comfort of Adams arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first story, but don't feel the need to hold back from giving me some feed back. Everything helps!