Status: Completed.

Dear, Yours Truly

you're my way home

"John?" Kori called out, slipping in through the front door, slamming it shut to keep the chilly, December air out.

Snow fell from her head as she pushed the hood of her jacket off, her teeth chattering as she shivered. "John?"

Finally, his lean frame came from around the corner, dressed in jeans and simple black sweater. "Hi, baby. How was work?" He asks, stepping up to her. He helps her remove her jacket and places it on the hook next to the door. Kori slips off her boots and places her bag on the floor, another shiver wracking her body.

"Come on," John says, grabbing her frozen hands, pulling her forward. "I have hot coco already made for you."

She smiles and follows him into the kitchen. He hands her the mug and places a kiss on her head before sitting down at the table in front of his laptop. Kori leans against the counter, taking small sips.

"You know what I found out today?" John asks randomly, not tearing his eyes away from his computer screen.

"What?"

"The computer dictionary doesn't recognize your name."

"Really?"

"It wants me to change it to Keri."

"Oh. Why were you typing out my name anyway?" He froze in his typing and glanced up at Kori, some of his hair blocking his eyes. He tried to pretend like her question hadn't thrown him off and he looked away, back to the computer.

He shrugged nonchalantly. "I was e-mailing my grandpa."

She rose a single eyebrow, "You're grandpa doesn't even know how to use a simple Kodak camera. You expect me to believe he can work the computer, much less the internet?"

He sighed. "Fine. I was e-mailing your mom."

"Why were you e-mailing my mom?" She questioned.

He shrugged, still avoiding eye contact.

"You're acting very suspicious."

"No, I'm not."

"You are."

"Either way, it doesn't matter. Hey, by the way, how does spaghetti sound for dinner?" He unsubtly changed the subject, and despite her better judgement, Kori let him. "Would you mind getting the pasta from the cabinet? I'll start the water." She gave him a nod and put her cup down, heading out of the kitchen to grab the boxes of spaghetti.

John sighed in relief and quickly finished up his email before hitting send. He closed out all his windows and then shut the computer down. He took a deep breath and smiled as Kori came walking into the kitchen, already talking about her day at work.

'Dear Mr. and Mrs. Wilson,

I am asking your permission to marry your daughter. I love Kori very much and I promise I will always take care of her. I want to start a family with her and spend the rest of my life with her. It would mean a lot to both of us if we have your blessing.

Yours truly, John O'Callaghan.'