No One's Gonna Need You More

I was right there with you all along

Ian rolled over in his bunk. He groaned as he shifted, he was surprised to find that he actually had room to move. The sheets were twisted around his body and for a minute he wondered if he had made Alex leave, he was known for being a bunk hog and a cover stealer but Alex hardly seemed to notice anymore or at least that's what Ian had thought. Alex was used to the cramped area and having Ian all up in his personal space, hell; Alex was all up in his personal space all the time.
"Alex?" Ian shuffled out of the bunk and made his way out into the hall wondering if his boyfriend had gone into the front lounge to get food or something but he looked at the clock on his phone and groaned again. It was 5am. Alex wasn't a morning person at all so where the fuck was he? Ian tilted his head a bit as he heard shuffling in the tiny bus bathroom. He sighed and went over to the door, hoping Alex was just taking a piss or something. He wanted to go back to bed and snuggle with his boyfriend for another couple hours before he had to get up and actually do shit.

"Alex?" he peered around the door and saw Alex kneeling in front of the toilet.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Ian quickly moved to his boyfriend’s side, rubbing soothing circles on Alex's back.

"I don't feel well". Alex whispered and laid his head on the rim of the toilet.

"Have you thrown up?" Alex shook his head

"My stomach is twisting and feels gross though" Alex pouted and looked at Ian through his half closed eyes.

"'m tired" Ian couldn't stop the slight smile that slid on his face when Alex slurred his words.

"Do you want to come back to bed?"

Alex shook his head.

"’M gonna throw up" Ian just nodded and laid a hand on Alex's back. They sat quietly for a few minutes before Ian felt Alex's body begin to tremble. He mentally prepared himself since he hated vomit more than anything but he stayed as Alex leaned up and gagged, retching into the bowl. Once he started he couldn't stop, barely able to catch his breath as his body forced everything up and out his throat.

"Ian." Alex moaned when he finally caught his breath for a second, the next his head back in the toilet as he threw up some more.

"I'm sorry, baby" Ian felt helpless as he watched Alex get sick.
After another couple minutes Alex finally stopped throwing up and leaned backward into Ian’s chest.

“You done for a bit, baby?” Ian asked in a quiet voice as he ran his fingers through Alex’s sweaty hair. Alex just nodded and twisted around to wrap his arms around Ian’s waist and bury his face into his neck. Ian wrinkled his nose, Alex smelled a bit like vomit. But he slowly stood up anyway and pulled Alex up with him. Alex was being dead weight and leaning completely on Ian. It was a fucking good thing that Alex was tiny.
Ian started to walk back to the bunks but Alex shook his head.

“I’d rather not barf in our bunk.” Ian quickly agreed with this statement and turned back towards the front lounge setting Alex up at the table. Alex whined and dropped his head into his arms.

“Nooo. Couch.”

“Chill, Alex. I’m gonna make a bed on the couch for you.” Alex whined again and reached for Ian. Ian sighed to himself; sometimes Alex was such a baby.

“I’ll be right back.”

Ian left Alex to whine and went back to their bunk pulling out Alex’s favorite blanket and a couple pillows. He also grabbed one of the spare blankets from the back. He then made his way back up front finding Alex laid out on the floor next to the table.

“What the fuck, Alex?” Ian rolled his eyes and left Alex there for a minute as he fixed up the couch. He walked back to Alex and kneeled down next to him.

“Baby? Come on, come lay down on the couch.” Ian gently pulled on Alex’s arm but Alex didn’t even acknowledge him. He stayed lying on the floor. Ian frowned and put his hand on Alex’s back feeling the gentle up and down motion of Alex’s breathing.

“Lex…” Ian whispered in his ear.

“Alex.” He said a little louder. Alex stirred slightly and Ian breathed a sigh of relief. Matt would kill him if Alex died or something. Speaking of Matt, how had Alex’s vomiting earlier not woken him up? His bunk was located closest to the bathroom.

He turned back to Alex who had managed to sit up and was coughing uncontrollably. He smacked him on the back as gently as he could in an attempt to help Alex out but only succeeded in making him vomit onto the floor. Alex coughed again and wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his hoodie.

“Fuck, man.” Ian groaned. He was going to have to clean that up. Alex gave him a miserable look and put his head down.
Ian glanced over at Alex and sighed. He looked pathetic; he had curled up into a ball, and was shaking slightly.

“Alex, baby, it’s okay. You couldn’t help it.”

Ian pulled Alex up and wrapped his arms around his waist. He walked them both over to the couch and pulled Alex down onto his lap, Alex let out a quiet sob and Ian hugged him tighter.

“It’s okay, Alex.”

Alex continued to cry for a few minutes, hot tears falling down his cheeks.

“I’m sorry.”

“Hey, baby, there’s nothing to be sorry for.” Ian tugged Alex up into a sitting position. He softly wiped the tears from Alex’s cheeks and kissed his forehead, which was burning hot.

“Can you lay here for a bit while I go clean that up?”

Alex laid back into the pillows and pulled the blankets up to his chin. He was shaking. Ian gave him a slight smile, feeling horrible for his boyfriend. He went into the kitchen area and pulled out a bowl from under the sink. It wasn’t like they cooked shit in here anyway. He placed it next to Alex’s head.

“Please use the bowl, I love you, but I don’t want to have to clean up your vomit twice.” Alex just nodded his head, his eyes were drooping and it looked like he was having a difficult time staying awake.

Ian left him to sleep and went to clean up; he also made sure the bathroom was clean so the guys wouldn’t be pissed off. He came back to find Alex shivering under his blankets, thankfully the bowl was unused. He wasn’t sure what Alex would have left in his stomach anyway.

“Alex?” Alex opened his eyes and stared up at him, he looked bad. Ian was starting to think he needed to get Matt up. At that moment though, Matt stumbled into the front lounge glaring behind him. Jack came out after him smirking.

“You’re such a fucking dick, the one day we don’t have to do shit until afternoon and you wake me up at the butt crack of dawn!” Matt was whisper yelling, seeing as he was the only one on the bus that showed any respect for others. Jack, on the other hand, broke out laughing and was in no way being quiet.

“Yo! Shut the fuck up!” Ian spoke and got their attention.

“What crawled up your ass and died?” Jack sniped at him. Matt hit his boyfriend on the shoulder and frowned at him.

“What are you doing up?” Matt asked. Jack just pouted. He hated when Matt scolded him.

“Alex is sick. He’s been throwing up and he’s got a fever.”

A concerned look crossed Matt’s face but he wasn’t quicker than Jack who sprinted over to Alex and kneeled next to him. Alex immediately reached out for him. Ian’s face crumpled but he reined it back in and looked to Matt, who was only looking apprehensively at Alex.
Ian wasn’t sure how he did it. How he wasn’t jealous. Jack and Alex would always have something and Ian always felt inferior to it. Matt on the other hand seemed to care less. Matt noticed Ian’s intense staring.

“Why be upset. Alex dumped him for you.” Matt whispered quietly to him. He then walked over to the younger boys, leaving Ian to sulk for a moment.

“Alex, what hurts?” Matt was standing behind Jack now who was looking at Alex anxiously and holding his hand in what appeared to be a death grip.

“My stomach hurts and I feel dizzy.” Alex then glanced toward Jack, “My hand is starting to hurt too.” Jack quickly released him and Alex gave him a tiny grin.

“Ian” Ian’s head snapped up when he heard his name. He managed a half smile for Alex’s benefit.

“Ian, I want you.” Alex had a pout on his beautiful face, which was pale and sweaty. Ian immediately walked over to him, pushing Jack aside.

“What, baby?” Ian leaned down to him, running his fingers through Alex’s hair. Alex wrapped his arms around his neck and pulled Ian down to his level to whisper in his ear.

“I love you, more than anything or anyone.” Alex gave him a small smile, “I knew it from the second I saw you, you were always going to be it for me.” Alex retracted his arms and gave Ian a small push backward, letting Matt come forward to stick a thermometer in his mouth and gripe about all the stuff they had to do later and having a sick lead singer was not okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this is the first chapter of my Ian/Alex fic and I have a lot of it written already but I need motivation to finish it or to just stop writing it if no one cares.

This story is sort of told from a flashback point of view so the next part is when Alex and Ian first meet and it goes from there.

Let me know what you think?