No One's Gonna Need You More

I give this one to you

Jack has stormed into the back of the bus and thrown himself into his bunk. He couldn’t be more furious right now. He had come back from the interview in hopes of making up with his boyfriend and instead found said boy fast asleep in the lap of none other than the new tech. The one who Alex is totally hot for whether he’ll admit it or not.

“Jack?” Jack looks up to see Matt standing next to his bunk. He’s holding a water bottle, a bag of chips and a sandwich.

“Figured you might be hungry?”

Jack couldn’t hide the small smile that tugged at the corners of his mouth. Matt always knew how to make him feel better. Jack slid further into his bunk and made room for Matt to crawl in next to him. Matt planted himself beside Jack and watched as he picked at the sandwich.

“You okay?”

Jack shrugged at Matt’s question. He wasn’t okay. He pushed the food away. He wasn’t really hungry, though he really did appreciate that Matt brought it to him.

“Dude, you’re never not hungry, talk to me about this.”

“What’s to talk about? Alex is obviously into the new guy.”

“Jack, come on, Alex loves you, has since he was like 12. You guys just need to talk this out because he’s hurting right now too.”

“Yeah, he looked so hurt lying there, asleep with what’s his face.”

“Jack. Ian. His name is Ian and he’s a good guy. He’s not trying to steal Alex from you and Alex isn’t going to leave you.” Matt almost felt a little pang in his heart at that. Jack and Alex were never going to break up though so it wasn’t like Matt had a chance; he’d long ago given up on being with Jack.

Jack was picking at his nails. He wanted to go out and get Alex and bring his back to his bunk but he was also still mad. Though a part of him was screaming that Alex really hadn’t done anything, Jack was the one who had gotten pissed and stormed off without letting Alex say anything and then he’d slammed Alex’s hand in the bus door. He winced at that. God, he was a dumbass. He looked up to see Matt leaning against the wall and staring at him with his eyebrows raised.

“Go out there and talk to him.”

Jack just nodded and groaned as he pushed himself out of the bunk. Matt sighed to himself before following after him.

Jack paused in the doorway to the front lounge and Matt immediately bumped into his back. Matt glanced over Jack’s shoulder and noticed that Alex had moved in his sleep. He was now turned his head on the arm rest and his feet in Ian’s lap, a much better position than earlier when Alex had been wrapped around him. Matt gave Jack a small push, which Jack was not expecting because he stumbled forward and fell into the table.

“Fuck! Oww Matt!” Jack was holding onto his hip which had slammed into the table. He turned to glare at Matt for a second before turning back around and realizing that Alex was now awake. He was sitting up, almost looking like he wanted to jump to his feet.

“Shit, sorry, Jack, you okay?” Jack just nodded at Matt’s question. His eyes were still locked with Alex’s.

“Umm…Lex? Can we…umm…fuck, can we just talk please?” Alex laughed quietly and stood up, keeping his injured hand close to his chest, he walked over toward Jack and placed a kiss on his cheek.

“Yeah, baby, let’s go to your bunk?”

Ian frowned as Alex got up and walked away from him. He was mentally cursing himself. He and Alex would never be anything. Alex had Jack and that wasn’t about to change. He looked up to see Matt also staring at where they boys had disappeared to. Ian coughed and Matt jumped at the sound.

“I’m a…I’m going to bed. You can wake me if you need me. You can sleep up here if you want or wherever really.”

Ian just nodded and watched Matt turn and head toward the bunk area. He groaned and spread himself out on the now uncrowded couch. He wanted Alex to come back out here. Alex was warm and smelled good. Tonight had been amazing for him. Alex had curled up into his lap and quickly fell asleep but that hadn’t mattered, he trusted Ian enough, liked him enough, to fall asleep on him.

Ian sighed and got comfortable, turning on his side and drifting off to sleep only to fall into dreams of Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still have no motivation to keep writing this.