No One's Gonna Need You More

And We All Fall Down Sometimes

Alex gradually made his way back toward the dressing room after having taken his shower. He was exhausted and really wanted to just go back to the bus and pass out but he also didn't want to disappoint the fans. He pushed open the door to the room with his eyes half closed and ran straight into Matt, who was holding Jack by the arm and looked at bit aggravated.

“What are you doing, Alex? You have 10 minutes and then you need to be outside” Alex just nodded because the best thing to do when Matt was irritated and told you to be somewhere was to agree with whatever he said.

“I’m serious.” Alex nodded again before slipping past him into the room but not before Jack caught his hand and squeezed it, smiling at him.

“See you on the bus.”

And then they were both gone and Alex was alone. He immediately dropped down onto the couch and grabbed hold of a pillow, pulling it to rest under his head. He had no intention of getting up for the next ten or so minutes, whenever Matt decided to come back to wrench him off the couch and pull him outside. He groaned when he heard the door open because seriously, it had been three minutes at most and he was ready to throw a bitch fit if Matt made him get up right now.

“Umm…are you okay?” Alex relaxed at once when he heard Ian’s voice. Ian wasn't going to make him move. Ian would probably even leave the room if Alex told him to. Instead he just shook his head at the question and flipped over on the couch so his back was to Ian.

Ian stood motionless by the door because what was he supposed to do? Alex was obviously not interested in having a conversation with him right now but Matt had sent him to check that Alex was actually doing shit and to get him ready to leave.

“uhh… Alex?” Ian sighed when Alex made no move to acknowledge his presence so he slowly walked over to him and sat on the edge of the couch. Alex moaned as the couch moved.

“Nooo.”

“No what? I haven’t even done anything.”

“I’m tired, Ian. I wanna sleep so badly.” And Ian instantly felt bad for him because Alex did look worn out. He’d turned onto his back and was rubbing tiredly at his eyes. Ian knew that Alex hadn't been getting much sleep lately. He’d come into the front lounge more than once this week to find Alex sitting at the kitchen table writing or watching TV.

“You’re supposed to go outside and sign.”

Alex held out his arms for Ian to pull him into a sitting position. He stood up and wobbled for a second before he regained his balance, he body felt heavy with the lack of sleep and he soon leaned on Ian, head dropping onto his shoulder.

“Can I just go back to the bus?” Ian wanted desperately to tell him yes but he knew he had to clear it with Matt first.

“Let’s walk to the door and I’ll let Matt know ok?” Alex just nodded his head with his eyes closed. He was mostly walking on this own but trusting Ian to not let him run into things.

Matt came to the door quickly, leaving Colussy to watch over the others. He sighed but agreed to let Alex go back to the bus, telling Ian to take him and make sure he got into his bunk okay. Ian quickly dragged Alex along to the bus, ignoring the screams as the fans spotted them, Alex didn't even have the energy to lift his head or wave at them. Ian relaxed when the bus door shut behind them and the screaming was cut off.

Alex dropped onto the front lounge couch. He felt terrible for not signing but he was so tired. His eyes were already slipping shut, breath evening out, when he felt someone pick him up and start carrying him toward the bunks. He didn't bother opening his eyes, only rolled over to face the wall when he was dropped into his bunk. He reached out to latch onto the wrist that was now letting him go and managed to mutter for the person to stay before sleep overtook him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am terribly sorry about lack of updates.

and I am sorry this is really short but there is drama in the next chapter!