Joker's Little Girl

Let's have a talk

It was quiet for a while as Bruce stood there just staring at me.

“What do you mean by everything?”

“Didn’t know there are two definitions for everything.” I said with a small smirk. My arms were still crossed over my chest.

“Okay where do you want to begin?” Bruce asked as he started to put the bat suit away.

“When did you know I was the Joker’s daughter?”

Bruce froze at my question. “After we ate at the Marina.”

“Why try and take me away?”

“To protect you.”

“But you knew how much I hated Batman. Why did you think I would ever come with you when you were Batman?”

Bruce turned at looked me in the eye. “I thought it was all an act. That you didn’t really hate Batman. But now I see it is true. You do hate the Batman just like you hate me.”

“I have never hated you and I never will. I hate the Batman for what he did to me.”

“What did I do to you?”

“YOU TOOK MY FATHER FROM ME!” I stood up as I shouted. I wanted to be calm but how could he just ignore the fact that he took my dad from me?

“I did it to protect Gotham!” I flinched a little as Bruce raised his voice to me.

“What about me? What about that little 4 year old girl who just watched her mother die and watched as her brother almost kill her father? What about when I watched you countless of times beat my father down? How about when your little bitch kept trying to take me from my father? Who was there protecting me? Oh yea my brothers, who you almost killed! Every god damn time YOU protect Gotham, you HURT me.”

Bruce walked carefully over to me and pulled me into his arms. “I never wanted to hurt you.”

“Now. You never want to hurt me NOW. Now that im beautiful. Now that im attractive. Now that im 20 years old. Now. Not when I was a child. Not when I was crying my eyes out for me father. But now, when you want me as yours.” I pull myself free and sat back down, away from Bruce.

“I always tried not to hurt you but I had to stop your father.”

“Yes, stop my father.” I look at Bruce in the eye once more. “Stop my father from providing for me. Stop my father from getting money so I can live. Yes, you had to stop my father.”

Bruce kneels down next to me. “It’s never about the money with your father. He just wanted to hurt people.”

“People who has hurt me.”

“What? What did Harvey do to you? What did Rachel do to you? What did anyone of those people that your father killed do to you?”

“No, not them.” I grab his face with my hands and bring it closer to mine. “Not them but you. You are the one my father wants to hurt.”

“But how?”

“By killing those people, he hurts you. By going after Rachel Dawes, he hurts you. If he hurts Harvey, he hurts Rachel and that in turn hurts you. It’s all part of Daddy’s plan to destroy you. Not Batman, but you Bruce. You hurt me, he hurts you.” I kiss his lips gently. “Just because my father is insane to most, he still is a father. He cares and loves me. He wants to protect me from the evil in this world. And since you hurt me so much in my life, you are the evil my father wants to be destroyed.” I let go of his face and watch as my words sink in.

“Then I will stop being Batman.”

I shake my head. “That’s not going to work. Daddy doesn’t want Batman dead. He wants you dead. Stop being Batman isn’t the answer to everything, Bruce. Even if you stop being Batman or reveal who is under the mask, my father won’t stop until your dead.”

“Then what do I do? What can I do to stop your father?” Bruce stood up and started to pace.

“Give him what he wants.”

Bruce stopped pacing and looked at me sharply. “And what does he want?”

“My happiness. Oh and to know that you will never hurt me again.” I told him with a smirk. “Its kinda obvious, Bruce. That’s what all fathers want.”

“So what? Do I just walk up to your father and say im not going to hurt your daughter again?”

“No, silly. Why do you think he let me with you without a fight?” When I got a confused look from Bruce, I rolled my eyes. “It’s all a test for you, Bruce. He wants to see if he leaves me alone with you, that I will come back fine. He wants to see if you can’t hurt me. Either with words or actions.” My smirk got bigger as I took his large hands in my much smaller ones. “It’s all a test, Bruce. And right now your passing.”
♠ ♠ ♠
TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE NIGHT FOR ALL MY LOVELY READERS!!!!